You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

More comments about the John Lewis advert. Wonder if they care to explain what's 'woke' about it?

17865684-EA8F-4EB6-AB5B-6A3AC515019A.png

There non white people on the advert man, it's obviously woke! Woe betide the idea of there being non white human beings partaking in the annual shitfest that is Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Using a black family in an advert is woke? There are some strange people about

If it's the one with the 'Alien', then the 'Alien' is somewhat androgynous looking (think a younger version of Tilda Swinton). Maybe they're concerned that John Lewis are encouraging us all to be non-binary!

In other words, it's a load of bollocks!

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Looks like it’s true everyone in cricket is racist.  

He’s no better than the scum who abused him then. 

It will be interesting to see what the daily mail

gammons make of it though. I’m sure they’ll be saying “why’s this being brought up now” same as when it came out that people had been using the term p**i 

• Upvote 1

The BBC's coverage of this is incredible; they just absolutely refuse to tell you what was said even though what was said is the entire reason why it's a story. No asterisks, no euphemism, not even a first letter. Everytime they update the story, you have to go to another site to figure out what is going on.

57 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Identified somebody as a "jew" and then used the racist stereotype of the frugal jew. Not sure who he was talking about. And the text speak/slang used in them is god awful. Difficult to decipher! But, definitely racist. 

It’s about someone being tight isn’t it? The same thing Bumble did. 

8 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Apparently a Pakistani indoor cricket team looks a lot like him but cant say it is.

Righto, though it seems its offensive to some but not to others, mind you I wouldn't call an Indian a Paki, asking for it as when a Sikh friend of mine got called one he went bonkers, he was an angry ant mind, sadly died 2 days ago of a heart attack at 49. 

34 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Righto, though it seems its offensive to some but not to others, mind you I wouldn't call an Indian a Paki, asking for it as when a Sikh friend of mine got called one he went bonkers, he was an angry ant mind, sadly died 2 days ago of a heart attack at 49. 

I wouldn't call anyone a p**i. Best to err on the side of caution when it comes to blatant racism. 

Sorry to hear about your mate x