You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m constantly told that being selfish is bad, and that I should think about other people. It turns out the other people are a bunch of racists. Why should I care about them?  Then we throw the fact that they generally support Brexit, are stupid, etc etc. Seems like the ‘other people’ aren’t very nice. 

As for the "being selfish is bad" revelation, I assume that this refers to criticism you've had for having voted Tory.

The Conservative Party is a racist party. As a rule, I think it's best not to vote for racists.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

When you say "it turns out the other people are a bunch of racists" are you suggesting that people are claiming everyone is racist? Because you know that, Avenue Q notwithstanding, that's not something that anyone is really claiming.

If you're not suggesting that... it's still no clearer what you are suggesting. 

Half the people voted for Brexit, I think the general feeling is that was due to racism. We’ve got a report here that says there is no institutional racism, but the general feeling is that’s not true.  A couple of people are pushing CRT which seems to suggest all whites people are racist (Robin seems to be sure on that).  So, I’m not sure I should be worried about how all these racist people are doing. 

22 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If the UK is a raisin and people are penguins does that mean that I'm not supposed to like Family Fortunes? 

How can he make it any clearer? 

You sound like a Stewart Lee stand up sketch. 'Bloody PC gone made Stew,you can't have an electric fire in your bath.' 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

As for the "being selfish is bad" revelation, I assume that this refers to criticism you've had for having voted Tory.

The Conservative Party is a racist party. As a rule, I think it's best not to vote for racists.

Jeremy notwithstanding. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Half the people voted for Brexit, I think the general feeling is that was due to racism. We’ve got a report here that says there is no institutional racism, but the general feeling is that’s not true.  A couple of people are pushing CRT which seems to suggest all whites people are racist (Robin seems to be sure on that).  So, I’m not sure I should be worried about how all these racist people are doing. 

All whites are racist? Who said that? Brexit was about what,other than xenophobia and racism? Even business leaders didnt think it was a great idea for businesses.

Off topic, the headline writer in the Mails earned his money with this one. Every type of wrong un crammed into one headline 

Teachers, Foreigners, Union Jack's, Tranny kids, Students, Protests. Hijabs..

I'm frothing at the fucking mouth and I havnt bothered reading the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422507/Students-Pimlico-Academy-London-stage-protest-racist-uniform-policy.html

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Jeremy notwithstanding. 

When was Corbyn racist? The allegations of anti semitism were unfounded werent they? His deputy leader,or at least ally, was a black lady with whom he was once in a relationship with,or did she dump him for being racist to her and then accept his job offer? And considering Labour are still the opposition what has it got to do with them?

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Off topic, the headline writer in the Mails earned his money with this one. Every type of wrong un crammed into one headline 

Teachers, Foreigners, Union Jack's, Tranny kids, Students, Protests.

I'm frothing at the fucking mouth and I havnt bothered reading the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422507/Students-Pimlico-Academy-London-stage-protest-racist-uniform-policy.html

Brought to you by Rory Tingle amongst others. 

Top, top clickbait. Read the headlines, saw the journo’s name. Not for me, Clive. 

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When was Corbyn racist? The allegations of anti semitism were unfounded werent they? His deputy leader,or at least ally, was a black lady with whom he was once in a relationship with,or did she dump him for being racist to her and then accept his job offer? And considering Labour are still the opposition what has it got to do with them?

Oh quite a few times in my opinion. Or he’s just unlucky.  

Well if voting for a racist party is bad, then it’s all the bloody Labour voters I can discount too.  They’ll be no one left soon. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A fair point if they were picked for their ethnic diversity and to ensure representation for the different ethnicities they represent. But, the reality is that they were all picked for their unquestioning loyalty to the PM. 

Actually, unquestioning loyalty to the PM could be a better point in favour of the overall diversity in the cabinet and the Tory party, because it would suggest they have enough members of ethnic and religious minorities as high up in the party to make it to the cabinet by showing loyalty to Johnson, rather than being appointed as token representatives of diversity, according to some quota, beneath which there is nothing.

14 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Maybe when he liked this image he thought he was picking his favourite board game. 687E3340-A3C4-41C4-A775-0CA8CECB0C58.jpeg

But when Johnson actually wrote Seventy Two Virgins he was just being his usual jovial self aww look at his hair get em out Boris old chap get Brexit done aww he's pissed god bless them Eton boys eh eh? 

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Half the people voted for Brexit, I think the general feeling is that was due to racism.

What "general feeling"?  Racism and xenophobia were factors, among others, because people had been consistently lied to about immigration.   I don't think any serious people claim that everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist.

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

We’ve got a report here that says there is no institutional racism, but the general feeling is that’s not true.

There is ample evidence of systemic, institutional racism.  If the fossil fuel industry commissioned climate change deniers to produce a report on climate change, you'd be forgiven for being sceptical if they concluded that there was no such thing man-made climate change.

A couple of people are pushing CRT which seems to suggest all whites people are racist

Not sure it does say that at all.

(Robin seems to be sure on that).

Who?

So, I’m not sure I should be worried about how all these racist people are doing. 

A good way to show your antipathy to racist people is to not vote for them.

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well if voting for a racist party is bad, then it’s all the bloody Labour voters I can discount too.  They’ll be no one left soon. 

Why would you say Labour is a racist party (other than to help you sleep after voting for the party of austerity, Brexit and the Windrush scandal)?

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well he did support the artist when other people were quite rightly trying to have the vile image removed and he also had a history of meeting with “Deir Yasssn remembered” a few times which as I’m sure you know was founded by Paul Eisen, a famous holocaust denier. We can trade facts about Jeremy and anti Semitism all night. 

Did he like the image or not?