You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Is he though or are you just playing the man and not the ball? 

Ball not the man? You should know.

Your the fella who blindly nagged every post I wrote on a certain subject but in your exuberance happend to negg a random poster without even reading a word of what that poster said.

• Downvote 2

Probably could post this in a couple of threads but since the Chauvin kerfuffle was in here:

Kim Potter found guilty on both charges

Kim Potter has been found guilty of first-degree manslaughter and second-degree manslaughter charges for fatally shooting Daunte Wright during a traffic-stop-turned-arrest on April 11, 2021.

Jurors deliberated for about 27 hours over the course of four days.

Potter, 49, had pleaded not guilty to the charges.

I moved city because of S Wales police, they didn't give me much choice but I remember watching TV when these boys got life for murder in utter disbelief,  I grew up with them all ( bar Steven Miller from Brixton) Yousef Abdullah was a friend of mine, he had nineteen people say in written statements he was working and not in Tiget Bay that night. Fucking stitch up , he was a good kid, if he was white he would have walked, thrown out of court. I went back to march on Cardiff prison with Al Sharpton to free people who had been imprisoned for nothing more than being slightly off track and having the wrong colour skin. I still occasionally go down the bay and have a drink with the last two remaining members, John Actie and Tony Parris... and believe me never mind compensation etc, they're fucked,

No racism here, move along, 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/collapse-of-britain-s-biggest-police-corruption-trial-no-misconduct-involved-in-cardiff-three-fitup-case-8711679.html?amp

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

If you say so.

Well, I can either neg you when I disagree with you or find it funny, or I can call you a cunt or something else and get into a never ending loop of frustrating arguments and insult trading. 

Can’t be arsed with the latter so take your negs like a good boy, ya scamp. 

12 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I moved city because of S Wales police, they didn't give me much choice but I remember watching TV when these boys got life for murder in utter disbelief,  I grew up with them all ( bar Steven Miller from Brixton) Yousef Abdullah was a friend of mine, he had nineteen people say in written statements he was working and not in Tiget Bay that night. Fucking stitch up , he was a good kid, if he was white he would have walked, thrown out of court. I went back to march on Cardiff prison with Al Sharpton to free people who had been imprisoned for nothing more than being slightly off track and having the wrong colour skin. I still occasionally go down the bay and have a drink with the last two remaining members, John Actie and Tony Parris... and believe me never mind compensation etc, they're fucked,

No racism here, move along, 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/collapse-of-britain-s-biggest-police-corruption-trial-no-misconduct-involved-in-cardiff-three-fitup-case-8711679.html?amp

theres a good BBC documentary on this i watched a few months ago. The march that you're referring to is shown on there where they go the prison gates. Really grim story....as the best documentaries are

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Am I missing something here? Why do the BBC feel the need to include the word "black" in this headline? Comes across a bit shit stirry to me. 

Screenshot_20211227-110102_BBC News.jpg

It is a little weird considering every article shows his picture and the only media outlet who added "black" was the BBC.

Also this excerpt is not in any of the other articles I read, just appears in the BBC:

The family of Mr Atkinson, a former Premier League star with Aston Villa, had said the case showed the need for change in the way black people were treated by police and the criminal justice system, in the wake of the Black Lives Matter movement.

On 24/12/2021 at 11:24, red_herring said:

theres a good BBC documentary on this i watched a few months ago. The march that you're referring to is shown on there where they go the prison gates. Really grim story....as the best documentaries are

It was a shockingly corrupt fit up. Should have never gone to trial.

On 24/12/2021 at 09:24, red_herring said:

Yes thank you, it was indeed grim around those times, I was living in Liverpool at that time but went down to join the Rev Al Sharptons march from Tiger Bay to Knox Road (Cardiff Prison).. bringing over Sharpton imo was a massive turning point in that fight to get them boys free, it was organised by a then mate of mine (Malik Abdullah ) who's brother Yusef  was one of those wrongly imprisoned.

Malik, Yusef, Ronnie Actie and many more are all dead, died before their time, the ones still fortunate to be alive wander around the Cardiff docklands ( tiger bay) like punch drunk ghosts.

Master Yaxley-Lennon's car has allegedly been firebombed. Conveniently, this has happened just after the release of a trailer for his (no doubt even-handed) documentary on Asian grooming gangs. Which has got it trending on social media.

If I were an investigating officer I believe that I'd be taking a close look at the movements of Master Yaxley-Lennon and his associates on the evening in question.

• Upvote 1

On 27/12/2021 at 11:07, Redder Lurtz said:

Am I missing something here? Why do the BBC feel the need to include the word "black" in this headline? Comes across a bit shit stirry to me. 

Screenshot_20211227-110102_BBC News.jpg

Not really shit-stirry; just a reminder that the Police are still institutionally racist and as a result black people are much more likely than white people to end up injured or dead after encounters with the Police.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/13/black-people-three-times-more-likely-to-have-taser-used-against-them