You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He hasn’t lost the plot. He’s just identified a section of the public who will give him money to support him ‘living strong and free’ and he’s playing up to them on the grift. Same as a host of gobshites in the US. There’s gold in them there racist hills.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

He hasn’t lost the plot. He’s just identified a section of the public who will give him money to support him ‘living strong and free’ and he’s playing up to them on the grift. Same as a host of gobshites in the US. There’s gold in them there racist hills.

I agree generally, but that comment seems a bit 'above and beyond'. Same thing seems to have happened with Lee Hurst, they've gone beyond the point where they could make a name for themselves in those circles, to being laughing stocks, and it seems to make them double down to the point where they just end up being reported to police and permanently banned off Twitter. Doesn't seem much of an end game to me.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Guilty of possession of Nazi material and bomb-making instructions, so he gets sentenced to... read Jane Austen.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/white-supremacist-lincoln-sentenced-read-5854318.amp?__twitter_impression=true

A lot of these master race sorts look like they couldn't knock skin off a rice pudding 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Boo! Filthy, dirty immigrants! Chuck 'em all in the sea... unless they're good at tennis.

Screenshot_2021-09-10-10-18-20-48_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Today's whilst not as cognitively dissonancy as yesterdays is brilliant.

_120488035_express-nc.png

Published just after going to press, oh...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/10/uk-economic-recovery-stalled-july-worker-shortages-gdp-covid-supply-chain-crisis

'Britain’s economic recovery from the winter lockdown virtually stalled in July despite the removal of most pandemic restrictions, amid a fall in retail sales and the impact of “pingdemic” shortages in the workforce.

The Office for National Statistics said gross domestic product (GDP) grew by only 0.1% in July from a month earlier, as the government’s end to most restrictions in England failed to offset the fallout from the coronavirus Delta variant. GDP was lower than the 0.6% growth forecast by City economists, and a sharp slowdown compared with June when the economy grew by 1%.'

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Boo! Filthy, dirty immigrants! Chuck 'em all in the sea... unless they're good at tennis.

Screenshot_2021-09-10-10-18-20-48_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Is that girl overseas born? My missus was watching the telly and,I assume,it was this girl who came on and my missus said 'She must be from somewhere abroad because we don't do good (female) Tennis players.' I assume my missus was correct for once.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is that girl overseas born? My missus was watching the telly and,I assume,it was this girl who came on and my missus said 'She must be from somewhere abroad because we don't do good (female) Tennis players.' I assume my missus was correct for once.

Born in Canada.

So being a sexual predator is 'almost' as bad as standing up for your wife .... 'almost'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9975885/JAN-MOIR-Oh-brother-old-boys-doing-damage-Prince-Harry.html

JAN MOIR: Oh brother! The old boys are doing almost as much damage as Prince Harry

By JAN MOIR FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: | UPDATED: 

Over in America, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex strain every sinew to discredit the British monarchy. But why do they bother?

Back home, Prince Charles and Prince Andrew seem perfectly capable of doing that all by themselves, thank you very much. No outside help needed!

Charles has just been entangled in embarrassing cash-for-honours claims, while Andrew has bolted to Balmoral to hide under the Queen’s kilt while a posse of sheriffs from America hunt him down. ‘Come out with your hands up, Buster, we’ve got you surrounded.’

Mummy, Mummy, do something!

Really, one needs a heart of granite not to titter till it hurts at the situation in which our beleaguered royals now find themselves. All that ermine and flummery, all that pomp and tradition and curtseying and scraping, while behind the castle walls things are starting to feel more like the Sopranos than the Windsors.

For a start, Prince Andrew has ‘no recollection of ever meeting’ Virginia Giuffre, who has served a lawsuit on him.

This week he drove 500 miles to Balmoral, some say to avoid being served the papers on the case — but surely they underestimate the charms of Aberdeenshire at this time of year. When the bogs are in full spurtle, the thistles richly bloom and the beautiful wee midge-beasties take to the wing in the gloaming hour.

No wonder he has scooted back there twice in recent weeks.

On Wednesday, Andrew had a picnic lunch date with HM in a fishing lodge deep in the Balmoral estate and oh, to have been a fly on the royal pork pie at that glorious summit.

Perhaps the prince was informing the Queen of his belief that he will soon be ‘brushing off’ the lawsuit on September 13 and returning to the royal front line next year. ‘Good luck with that, son,’ is almost certainly what she didn’t say.

Now we also learn that the Prince of Wales has ‘no knowledge of the alleged offer of honours or British citizenship on the basis of donation to his charities’. This comes after Saudi tycoon Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz was awarded an honorary CBE in 2016 after donating around £2 million to the prince’s charities.

To be honest, that’s just how I thought these things worked.

No doubt a great many people on honours lists deserve their gongs — but why else would a foreign-based billionaire like Mahfouz be given a CBE and God knows what else? For services to feminism in the Arabian Peninsula?

Prince Charles and Prince Andrew would be quite terrifying if they were more organised and a bit more villainous instead of being — as I suspect — just a pair of entitled, bungling brothers without a drop of common sense between them.

Phil and Grant Mitchell they are not; Ron and Reggie Kray can rest in peace, heinous reputations intact.

Prince Charles awards a CBE to Saudi tycoon Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz at Buckingham Palace in November 2016 

If the royal princes have one thing in common — in addition to not being common, of course — it is perhaps a buckling of resolve, a weakness of spirit around the seriously rich and an embarrassing willingness to accept donations from wealthy donors to their pet charitable causes: in Charles’s case, his heritage schemes and Prince’s Trust causes.

In Andrew’s case, Fergie.

If you love the Queen — and I do — this is all a very bad business. Perhaps it looks worse than it actually is but these days, optics are everything.

I don’t think for a second that Charles is a wicked or immoral person, with every penny of the money being pumped into his charities — although the Jan jury is still out on Andrew.

However, the current allegations give too much ammunition to those who wish to bring down the monarchy. They load the grapeshot into the republican blunderbuss, they makes all of us question all of them. Under such attack, the monarchy might stagger on for a few more decades but what then?

As the tarnish blooms and deepens, one does not envy Prince William his destiny, nor Prince George after him: both kings-to-be fated to preside over an ever-dwindling realm.

In the end, those royals and royal spouses who fumbled and floundered, those who cashed in and yielded to temptation, will each have to accept a share of the blame. And we all know who they are.