You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome and goodbye to our new director of soon to be sacked for fucking up the one thing their role has been created for to prevent people from fucking up on.

Maybe companies should just stop anthropomorphising themselves pretending theyre our mates and give a shit about anything other than money and power, shut the fuck up sell their service and product and abide by the rules and laws of the land they're in.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Welcome and goodbye to our new director of soon to be sacked for fucking up the one thing their role has been created for to prevent people from fucking up on.

Maybe companies should just stop anthropomorphising themselves pretending theyre our mates and give a shit about anything other than money and power, shut the fuck up sell their service and product and abide by the rules and laws of the land they're in.

There’s a very funny thread on Twatter showing things like Google changing its logo to the rainbow during Pride week, but strangely not changing on Google in the Middle East. They are just chasing the money, be honest about it. 

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think it’s because it may be seen to aimed at supporters, meaning they are racist.  I mean Coronation Street doesn’t begin with all the actors taking the knee does it? 

You do realise Coronation street is recorded don't you? Its not fucking live in front of an audience. Also you do realise the actors are playing characters that are fictional? 

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think it’s because it may be seen to aimed at supporters, meaning they are racist.  I mean Coronation Street doesn’t begin with all the actors taking the knee does it? 

This is a fair and valid point, not sure it justifies booing but it could be seen as offensive to the fans who feel they are being targeted. 

25 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a very funny thread on Twatter showing things like Google changing its logo to the rainbow during Pride week, but strangely not changing on Google in the Middle East. They are just chasing the money, be honest about it. 

Why would putting a rainbow on the logo make them more money?  

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This is a fair and valid point, not sure it justifies booing but it could be seen as offensive to the fans who feel they are being targeted. 

Its got nothing to do with targeting fans, and why should fans begin to think that it's aimed at them when players have been taking the knee to empty stadiums all year, plus the fans know the game is being televised.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

What do you think he meant there? 

If he had said Israeli people, is that ok? 

Nah still seems harsh - what if it was Israeli leaders? 

I don't give a toss what he meant. It's what he wrote that is the issue.

BBC still hasn't sacked its journalist who said "Hitler was right". This really is the last acceptable racism, isn't it.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't give a toss what he meant. It's what he wrote that is the issue.

BBC still hasn't sacked its journalist who said "Hitler was right". This really is the last acceptable racism, isn't it.

I think part of the hide and seek of anti Semitism is the nomenclature and it works both ways.

Not really sure what the percentage of Jewish in the Israeli leadership is tbh.

In hindsight it is a bad look isn't it.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Well they've lost Ricos two bob for a start. You think Google are going to see increased revenue because of a rainbow banner?

It's not about making money directly, it's all coming from PR people, 10 years ago it was CSR, then they were all going green, then gender equality, since George Floyd murder and the protests it's all about (racial) diversity. Whatever makes them look good.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Its got nothing to do with targeting fans, and why should fans begin to think that it's aimed at them when players have been taking the knee to empty stadiums all year, plus the fans know the game is being televised.

I believe the whole football racism thing started with a small minority in the grounds originally and became a much bigger problem on social media when anyone sitting at a computer could write hate speech on twitter etc. I don't think it's completely unreasonable to think that the fans who are paying to be in the ground wouldn't like it still happening as it's probably not true fans who are being racists..

Another distinct possibility is the boo is not for the knee, but the racism that taking the knee is against? In other words, booing racism.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, oddly enough I'm not aware of everything that has been Tweeted by everyone since 2014.

Me either, I thought she was a dude.

More importantly, why do you care what someone with 100 followers on Twitter said almost a decade ago?