You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chauvin and his team will continue to believe he is being made an example of, but he and his ilk need to know that there should be repercussions in instances like this. For there to not be any only empowers law enforcement to act without impunity, and for members of the community to feel empowered to take matters into their own hands. Neither of which will do anybody any good.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That was a massive stitch-up. I was living in the USA at the time. Proudly wore my England shirt in solidarity that day.

Even the judge knew she was stiched up which is why he released her pretty much right away on time already served. 

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Reckon the thug guards will keep him, nice and safe in solitary 

Let's hope so.

One of the things I find really distasteful about the internet is the way that we all pretend that we're not just sentencing these monsters to years in prison, but also to be raped while they're there. I know it's just a joke but it's such a distasteful one to me that I can't help but comment on it.

• Upvote 3

I've been to the states quite frequently over the years as I have family in the southern states and I find it utterly bizarre thr racial decide in that country. 

Obviously in the UK we have our own racist problems, however what I experienced in the states is just on another level and completely alian to me. 

Even trying to strike up a conversation with a black person in the southern state I visited you could tell they were pretty stand offish. It wasn't until they realised I was from the UK that they relaxed a little. 

When I was in New York it was obiously completely different to the southern states and speaking to people there black, white ect you didn't get that same feeling as you do in the southern states. New York to me was so much like Liverpool in terms of the people and I can see why John Lennon loved it. 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

It’s not being raped he has to worry about. It’s being killed. Black prisoners will want to kill him because he murdered a black man, and the other prisoners will want to kill him because he’s a cop.

Best bet for him is if he becomes someone's bitch in one of the Aryan gangs.

20 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I've been to the states quite frequently over the years as I have family in the southern states and I find it utterly bizarre thr racial decide in that country. 

Obviously in the UK we have our own racist problems, however what I experienced in the states is just on another level and completely alian to me. 

Even trying to strike up a conversation with a black person in the southern state I visited you could tell they were pretty stand offish. It wasn't until they realised I was from the UK that they relaxed a little. 

When I was in New York it was obiously completely different to the southern states and speaking to people there black, white ect you didn't get that same feeling as you do in the southern states. New York to me was so much like Liverpool in terms of the people and I can see why John Lennon loved it. 

My cousin stayed at an Airbnb in a black part of Chicago and she said it was nuts, people banging on the window telling them to leave, stood across the road watching the house and stuff, some Swedish tourist next door asked if he could stay with them because his arse was going. 

7 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Let's hope so.

One of the things I find really distasteful about the internet is the way that we all pretend that we're not just sentencing these monsters to years in prison, but also to be raped while they're there. I know it's just a joke but it's such a distasteful one to me that I can't help but comment on it.

Always reminds me of Charlie’s uncle licking his lips when there’s talk of him having been molested as a boy in Always Sunny. A conviction isn’t a conviction without the internet getting a semi at the prospect of another man being sodomised. 

On 13/04/2021 at 14:26, SasaS said:

Further to discussing MPD chief and his position a couple of pages back. Brooklyn Center City police chief may not be that lucky. 

Here is one for you to chew on lid.

Yesterday a Columbus OH officer fires 4 bullets into the chest of a 15 year old black girl who called police for help as she was being attacked in her own home. Officer rolls up, has no idea who is who and within seconds starts firing.

The police Chief there is the interim. Why? Because the previous Chief was relieved following the shooting of another un armed black man a couple months earlier.

What to do, what to do?

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Agree with this. Loved the place and the people. 

I was there in 2007 and ended up in the ESPN bar to watch us play Bolton. Ended up taking the place over with a bunch of New York reds singing songs ect. Was fantastic. 

Definitely making plans to go back some time soon when all this comes to an end.