You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

52 minutes ago, J-V said:

He was armed had fired shots in the neighbourhood and had gun residue on his hand.   If you're asked to show your hands by Police don't try and throw a gun away out of the officers view whilst turning and raising your arms toward the office  Alternativly don't be a cunt don't commit crime.

Don't let that stop the faux outrage though.

EzDhSB5W8AUZSvW?format=jpg&name=large

He had already thrown the gun away.

According to Wikipedia, there have been 2475 murders between 2016 and 2019 in Chicago, or over 600 a year (although the number of murders keeps falling y/y with "only" 492 in 2019). Still, on May 31 last year, they had a record of 18 murders in one day or 85 shootings altogether over a three-day weekend.

I don't think lumping in stuff like the lady cop the other day or this with George Floyd does any justice.

The cop will go on trial and it may prove to be unjustified but - 2:30 am, firing shots into a neighborhood with an armed accomplice is alot different than trying to pass a fake 20 at a corner store.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

As with the George Floyd killing, in this latest police killing case the willingness of some to jump from "he'd committed a crime" to being relatively okay with extra-judicial execution is quite astounding. 

I don't think the two incidents are that similar at all mate. The kid still shouldn't have been shot dead but the officer has had to make a decision based on a real threat involving guns. The George Floyd killing was completely different. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, SasaS said:

According to Wikipedia, there have been 2475 murders between 2016 and 2019 in Chicago, or over 600 a year (although the number of murders keeps falling y/y with "only" 492 in 2019). Still, on May 31 last year, they had a record of 18 murders in one day or 85 shootings altogether over a three-day weekend.

Why are they so angry there, they have a good life. Eat a Chicago Town pizza, watch the Chicago Bulls on TV, then listen to the band Chicago. 

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Why are they so angry there, they have a good life. Eat a Chicago Town pizza, watch the Chicago Bulls on TV, then listen to the band Chicago. 

There's your answer. Just the sight of those abominations on my telly drives me into a murderous rage.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

As with the George Floyd killing, in this latest police killing case the willingness of some to jump from "he'd committed a crime" to being relatively okay with extra-judicial execution is quite astounding. 

What do you think is the reason the cop shot him? Genuine question.

I think a level of attempting some kind of rationalization when you hear the news that a cop shot a 13-year old unarmed kid would be normal, even for broader society, otherwise it is too horrific. You would have to accept (in the US) that you live in a society in which cops go around as death squads and randomly execute minorities, even children. This is the part I don't fully understand when it comes to the outraged (and some or most of the media), it is as if they deliberately want to make every incident look even worse. What could be achieved by that?

It seems obvious to me that there is a huge and complex problem with access to arms and violence in general in the US (as parz of the wider problem with economic, class and race relations) and I feel there is now a somewhat hysterical tendency to lay it all at the hands of police and policing,  culpable and ineffective as they may be in all this. I get it they are most likely (I am not a legal expert) overly protected by law when they are involved in incidents, but on the other hand who would be a policeman there without it?

Trying to make sense of all these incidents, it seems to me the police are mostly a reflection of an increasingly dysfunctional society which is in turn increasingly resorting to just pointing the finger at one of its segments, people thrown in the midst of all this and screaming get them, they are the ones, they did it, The Warriors did it.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The absolute worst thing that could happen now is a cop pulls a black person over and ends up getting shot. Fucked up country. 

It's  not all donuts and discharge - sometimes you have to catch the bullets.

Police in Georgia released dashcam video on Thursday showing the events of a shooting earlier this week in which three officers were wounded after a suspect opened fire with an AK-47 during a chase.

Local news affiliate 11 Alive shows video released by the Carroll County Sheriff's Office, begins at a police traffic stop Monday that resulted from troopers stopping a car clocked at 111 mph on an interstate highway.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It's  not all donuts and discharge - sometimes you have to catch the bullets.

Police in Georgia released dashcam video on Thursday showing the events of a shooting earlier this week in which three officers were wounded after a suspect opened fire with an AK-47 during a chase.

Local news affiliate 11 Alive shows video released by the Carroll County Sheriff's Office, begins at a police traffic stop Monday that resulted from troopers stopping a car clocked at 111 mph on an interstate highway.

The whole country is a hollywood movie. 

This horrible fucking bitch needs putting down. Now all the DM lot are complaining that Ofcom has received complaints about this. The same ilk of cunt who complained to Ofcom about Meghan defending herself in an interview. FUCK THIS FUCKING WORLD 

18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This horrible fucking bitch needs putting down. Now all the DM lot are complaining that Ofcom has received complaints about this. The same ilk of cunt who complained to Ofcom about Meghan defending herself in an interview. FUCK THIS FUCKING WORLD 

Can’t stand her

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

She’s a twat and she always has been, she “tells it like it is”

Meghan wasn’t even part of the topic and she didn’t just mention her but just invented a racist led story. Unfortunately enough cunts think the same so she will only have made herself more popular with the Tory flag shagging twats