You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

Clearly not. She may not have even looked at the weapon. You have reached that conclusion but you weren't in that situation. It is rare, but it has happened on several other occasions - so it can happen.

Not a chance any jury would find her guilty of murder on that video evidence.

It's not 'clearly not' is it mate? What about the rest of what I said? officer 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's not 'clearly not' is it mate? What about the rest of what I said? officer 

All speculation.

She'll be guilty of manslaughter and her life is over as she knows it. She fucked up and she'll pay for that, but there is no solid evidence she deliberately decided to kill the guy.

Your turn - convince me she murdered him. Beyond reasonable doubt.

15 minutes ago, M_B said:

All speculation.

She'll be guilty of manslaughter and her life is over as she knows it. She fucked up and she'll pay for that, but there is no solid evidence she deliberately decided to kill the guy.

Why do I need to convince you she murdered him? I offered situational observations. Have you ever held a taser and/or a loaded hand gun? Have you ever been trained in where and how to hold a weapon that could be used in combat? Have you ever had or even observed tactical armed scenarios? 

I don't think she is guilty of murder beyond reasonable doubt. That doesn't mean that things can't be questioned. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Tend to agree if it all plays out as it seems. Certainly they will look at the video to see how long she had the weapon in her hand - cops are not like Quick Draw McGraw and pull out and fire - she would have had to take the safety off at some point I would think. If she is holding the pistol for any amount of time and didn't realize it - that would be a problem.

"And I don't mean that in no good way."

7 hours ago, M_B said:

All speculation.

I've been on a police gun firing range, one of my friends' dad was a police officer who was licenced to use a gun. I fired it in a range and it was cool as fuck. I distinctly remember him saying 'good shot' and I turned to face him to say thanks. I turned with the gun and four people ran towards me to point the gun back at the target.

Police are supposed to live by the philosophy that you NEVER point a gun (whether you believe it's loaded or not) unless you have some intention to use it in the direction it's pointed.

If you and others honestly believe her story that she thought it was a taser and she had no intention of using the gun, that would explain why the police get off so easily. I find it hard to believe their training would be THAT bad.

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You feel sorry she got manslaughter? She killed him. She might not have wanted to but she did it. Nothing to feel sorry for. It's not first degree murder.

You can feel sorry for another human being making a mistake. It's called empathy. There is no shame in that. Manslaughter is the right charge despite that.

19 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If you and others honestly believe her story that she thought it was a taser and she had no intention of using the gun, that would explain why the police get off so easily. I find it hard to believe their training would be THAT bad.

Yet it has happened to other policemen. It's not an isolated incident.

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Why do I need to convince you she murdered him? I offered situational observations. Have you ever held a taser and/or a loaded hand gun? Have you ever been trained in where and how to hold a weapon that could be used in combat? Have you ever had or even observed tactical armed scenarios? 

I don't think she is guilty of murder beyond reasonable doubt. That doesn't mean that things can't be questioned. 

Fine. Your questioning led me to assume you felt she murdered him. My mistake.

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

Yet it has happened to other policemen. It's not an isolated incident.

That sounds like it's not really a problem then. Perhaps if a police officer were convicted of murder it would send a kick up the arse of officers to not be so knee jerk in the use of force. After all, using force should only be used in extreme circumstances, not just because it makes their job easier, which is how force seems to be being used now.

7 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

That sounds like it's not really a problem then. Perhaps if a police officer were convicted of murder it would send a kick up the arse of officers to not be so knee jerk in the use of force. After all, using force should only be used in extreme circumstances, not just because it makes their job easier, which is how force seems to be being used now.

Of course it is a problem, but it shows that mistakes happen despite the training. To convict someone of murder you have to prove they made a decision to kill someone.

I agree with the argument about deploying a taser or a firearm in the first place though.

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

Of course it is a problem, but it shows that mistakes happen despite the training. To convict someone of murder you have to prove they made a decision to kill someone.

I agree with the argument about deploying a taser or a firearm in the first place though.

99% agree with all this, except the assumption that they are mistakes. Hopefully they are, but it's possible that some of them are not.

9 hours ago, M_B said:

You can feel sorry for another human being making a mistake. It's called empathy. There is no shame in that. Manslaughter is the right charge despite that.

I think I'll empathize for the guy that got shot and not the police officer that thought her gun was a taser, but thanks for the lesson in humanity.

Fucking hell I've just seen the video. That poor kid had stopped and put his hands up looking terrified. Cop shoots him then "Shots fired shots fired" no cunt you've just shot an unarmed kid you murdering cunt.

Fucking hell when I was 13 we'd play knock and run and would run if a police car came. 13 fucking years of age 

He was armed had fired shots in the neighbourhood and had gun residue on his hand.   If you're asked to show your hands by Police don't try and throw a gun away out of the officers view whilst turning and raising your arms toward the office  Alternativly don't be a cunt don't commit crime.

Don't let that stop the faux outrage though.

EzDhSB5W8AUZSvW?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, J-V said:

He was armed had fired shots in the neighbourhood and had gun residue on his hand.   If you're asked to show your hands by Police don't try and throw a gun away out of the officers view whilst turning and raising your arms toward the office  Alternativly don't be a cunt don't commit crime.

Dont try and throw away the gun? They shot the lad when he had nothing in his hand. Imagine what they would have done if he had still had it in his hand. Prob would have gone to his house and shot the whole family to be sure.

15 minutes ago, J-V said:

Thanks J-V to be fair I only saw a brief clip of the shooting and hadn't seen a gun. Makes a lot more sense now. Although why is the gun next to a different fence when he has it in his hand when shot? 

As for "faux outrage" considering police actions its too easy to jump to conclusions so stick your snide comments up Mooks arse 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thanks J-V to be fair I only saw a brief clip of the shooting and hadn't seen a gun. Makes a lot more sense now. Although why is the gun next to a different fence when he has it in his hand when shot? 

As for "faux outrage" considering police actions its too easy to jump to conclusions so stick your snide comments up Mooks arse 

Because he threw the gun away during the turn toward the officer then carried on the motion of rasing his hands whilst still turning toward said office.  It all happened within a second.  Armed thick cunt commiting crime got shot.  The end.

Mook has no room up his arse.