You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It all comes back to guns, if police don’t think everyone may have one they are going to be more relaxed. 

That's the truth, but not the whole truth.  They certainly seem to be quicker on the draw when they're facing black people than they are with white people. 

Watching all these high profile videos involving black people and the police in the US for the last year or so, almost all have one thing in common, most of them look normal and then there is the sudden escalation, the turning point, when people realize they are being arrested. Then they almost invariably do something irrational and aggravate their position. This last video, the recent video with the fat cop and black woman in the parking lot, the video in Atlanta with the drunk guy at Burger King, even George Floyd, in both videos.

• Upvote 1

On 12/04/2021 at 14:19, Bjornebye said:

She covers pretty much every racist stereotype in this video the hateful fucking bitch

Surprised the police officer wasn't pulled toward the Twinky aisle. The old I've got Muslim friends card. I wonder what breed they are, seeing as they'renot human?

8 hours ago, SasaS said:

Watching all these high profile videos involving black people and the police in the US for the last year or so, almost all have one thing in common, most of them look normal and then there is the sudden escalation, the turning point, when people realize they are being arrested. Then they almost invariably do something irrational and aggravate their position. This last video, the recent video with the fat cop and black woman in the parking lot, the video in Atlanta with the drunk guy at Burger King, even George Floyd, in both videos.

What about that bloke a while ago, calmly sitting in his car with his hands in the air, letting the Police know that when (as requested) he opened his glove box they'd see a gun there, because he's a legal registered gun owner? How did he escalate it?

What about Breona Taylor and her partner?  How did they escalate a situation that started with an armed mob storming their house when they were sleeping?

The one thing that all of these killings have in common is white Police using excessive force and killing black people.  Is it any wonder that black people might get scared and "irrational" when they are confronted by armed members of a racist institution?

• Upvote 1

Said it before but I think a big problem is the calibre of recruit the yanks let into their varying police forces juxtaposed with the huge level of disproportionate authority they have to basically twat or kill you. 

Some 5'2 Elmer Fuddalike who never finished high school and used to work at Home Depot takes a job with the local Sheriff's department and gets given a shotgun, what could possibly go wrong.

Going through airport security in the States is always an eye opener, bunch of shouty, rude, fat thick cunts with guns demanding total deference.

You never seem to see the FBI getting caught up in shit like this, it's always the types of people who look like they take an hour to tie their shoelaces.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Said it before but I think a big problem is the calibre of recruit the yanks let into their varying police forces juxtaposed with the huge level of disproportionate authority they have to basically twat or kill you. 

Some 5'2 Elmer Fuddalike who never finished high school and used to work at Home Depot takes a job with the local Sheriff's department and gets given a shotgun, what could possibly go wrong.

Going through airport security in the States is always an eye opener, bunch of shouty, rude, fat thick cunts with guns demanding total deference.

You never seem to see the FBI getting caught up in shit like this, it's always the types of people who look like they take an hour to tie their shoelaces.

That poor bastard always had to use a ladder just to reach the bottom shelf, so the need to lash out has been brewing inside for a while too. A recipe for disaster.

58 minutes ago, Trumo said:

That poor bastard always had to use a ladder just to reach the bottom shelf, so the need to lash out has been brewing inside for a while too. A recipe for disaster.

Also the training they get is shite. Particularly weapons training.   

• Upvote 1

TUSTIN – In one corner, weighing in at a combined 2,627 flabby pounds, stood 10 Orange County sheriff’s deputies. In the other corner: 2,533 pounds of overweight Santa Ana police officers.

Doughnut jokes? Those had gotten old a long time ago.

The 10 deputies and 10 police officers who faced off Wednesday morning are all trying to shed 10 percent of their body weight in 10 weeks. It’s a competition, the “Battle of the Badges,” but it’s also meant to draw attention to the nation’s ongoing battle against obesity.

390ab68f8148daf360eedfb3660f8dab.jpg

kplx24-n.bulge.large.lo01.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I took a group of 40 kids to NYC in October 2019 and was shocked by the change in border policing from the last time I was in America (2011). It was always very serious/strict/unnerving but this was armed officers with automatic weapons and (literally) snarling dogs, screaming in people’s faces in the queue. I mean this was a massive snaking queue of maybe a thousand people and everyone was totally compliant. However, these cunts were just off the scale unreasonable bullies simply going nuts at random people because they could. 

I was absolutely paranoid about one of the kids making a quip or reacting badly as we had with us two kids with quite major ASC traits and a number of others who’d suffered serious childhood trauma and don’t deal well with conflict or aggression whatsoever. I’d pre-warned the kids and their parents repeatedly before and during the trip, but it’s the most tense three hours I’ve ever spent in my life. 

The whole thing was so ridiculously over the top that it seems unreal to me now even though I experienced it. If you think of cinematic depictions of Jews being corralled by Nazis, while obviously incomparable in terms of outcomes, as a mental image it’s quite evocative of what that huge room was like. 

In retrospect it was a combination of US border culture with Trump’s narrative about immigration: in other words, utterly fucked. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

I took a group of 40 kids to NYC in October 2019 and was shocked by the change in border policing from the last time I was in America (2011). It was always very serious/strict/unnerving but this was armed officers with automatic weapons and (literally) snarling dogs, screaming in people’s faces in the queue. I mean this was a massive snaking queue of maybe a thousand people and everyone was totally compliant. However, these cunts were just off the scale unreasonable bullies simply going nuts at random people because they could. 

I was absolutely paranoid about one of the kids making a quip or reacting badly as we had with us two kids with quite major ASC traits and a number of others who’d suffered serious childhood trauma and don’t deal well with conflict or aggression whatsoever. I’d pre-warned the kids and their parents repeatedly before and during the trip, but it’s the most tense three hours I’ve ever spent in my life. 

The whole thing was so ridiculously over the top that it seems unreal to me now even though I experienced it. If you think of cinematic depictions of Jews being corralled by Nazis, while obviously incomparable in terms of outcomes, as a mental image it’s quite evocative of what that huge room was like. 

In retrospect it was a combination of US border culture with Trump’s narrative about immigration: in other words, utterly fucked. 

Yeah they're total cunts as a rule, they act like prison guards not someone who is a tourist/visitor's first experience of their country.

When we went to Vegas my mate was shitting one because we had to go through Philadelphia. He'd been a few months earlier and said the guards and all the airport workers were cunts. Like one of the guards came through and said "go through, before I change my mind!!!".

When we went this jobsworth cunt was holding our passports next to our faces, I thought he was joking, he had a limp so I suspected the worst. He pulled me in to the mini police station and I had to produce two more forms of ID. The two blokes in there looked at my ID and just smirked. I asked if there was a problem and one just shouted "the problem is the guy who brought you in here!!!"

When we got to Vegas everyone was queueing and they opened a second barrier, but nobody said "come through here", woman just goes, really sarcastically, "errr hello, this way duh!!" Then she started laughing with her mate.

Years earlier in new york they were giving it the shouty bollocks but weren't even looking properly in your case, just shouting. There was this veneer of professionalism but it was largely keystone cops shit.

We were waiting for a connecting flight to Amsterdam so they must have assumed we were Dutch (and as we all know, the Dutch don't speak English). My mate was sat there eating a big bag of crisps and we heard the tannoy in the terminal go: "bing bong, now hear this, the guy in the red t shirt....is fat. That is all..."

We looked over and there were two airport staff sat there on the desk pissing themselves laughing. 

It's a strange place. I've always found the man and woman in the street to be lovely, but anyone in a public or customer facing role to be varying degrees of rude, aggressive or thick as fuck.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PrivateParts said:

What about that bloke a while ago, calmly sitting in his car with his hands in the air, letting the Police know that when (as requested) he opened his glove box they'd see a gun there, because he's a legal registered gun owner? How did he escalate it?

What about Breona Taylor and her partner?  How did they escalate a situation that started with an armed mob storming their house when they were sleeping?

The one thing that all of these killings have in common is white Police using excessive force and killing black people.  Is it any wonder that black people might get scared and "irrational" when they are confronted by armed members of a racist institution?

I am aware of police actions, there is also usually an inexplicable moment on their part when it all suddenly escalates, but as I said, in all videos I have watched lately, the key moment is almost always when they are arresting them. So they probably need to approach it differently in training. It seems they should be prepared for an irrational reaction at that moment.

And that is the thing, they don't seem to be scared of being "confronted by armed members of a racist institution", they are scared of being arrested. In most videos, both the police and the person they have stopped are doing fine up until that moment. You can hardly say black people in the US are not aware of a potential danger when confronted by the police, so I don't understand why they usually go off in the middle of it.  

The incident with hands in the air you mention was also fine until suddenly it wasn't. Breona Taylor case, every time

I read about it I learn some new bizarre fact everyone just glossed over. Her partner did technically fire the first shot at the police (and most likely hit the police officer), so you could say, this is how they escalated that particular situation. Which doesn't mean there wasn't a whole sequence of hard to explain events on the part of the police or in general.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/04/13/new-government-counter-extremism-chiefs-ties-to-pro-trump-hate-groups/

In a special investigation, Byline Times can reveal that the Government awarded a top counter-extremism post to a man with alarming ties to far-right US networks which promote anti-Semitism, racism, white nationalism and anti-Muslim conspiracy theories. A range of experts, including a former senior US State Department official under John Kerry and Hillary Clinton, have spoken out.

The new Lead Commissioner for the Government’s Commission for Countering Extremism (CCE), appointed by Home Secretary Priti Patel on 31 March for an interim period of six months, is Robin Simcox.

Simcox is a former Margaret Thatcher Fellow at the Heritage Foundation – a right-wing think-tank in Washington D.C. which had close ties to the Donald Trump administration.

A special investigation by Byline Times can exclusively reveal that Simcox spoke in 2019 at a notorious American anti-immigrant hate group, the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), which has regularly circulated anti-Semitic, white nationalist materials over a 10-year period – including articles by noted Holocaust deniers and eugenicists.

The CIS has been designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, the leading civil rights law firm that tracks extremist groups in America.

In his work for the Heritage Foundation, Simcox also promoted several racist and anti-Muslim conspiracy theorists, including a proponent of the ‘Great Replacement’ ideology – the idea that ‘native’ white populations are being ‘replaced’ by non-white immigrants – which has inspired far-right terror attacks in recent years. Most prominent among them is Dr Lorenzo Vidino, whom Simcox cites to support the idea that American Muslim civil society groups are fronts for the Muslim Brotherhood. 

But, according to Georgetown University’s Bridge Initiative, Dr Vidino is an American academic with direct ties to far-right hate groups in the US. He has advocated the Great Replacement conspiracy theory. In 2005, when asked if Europeans were witnessing “the end of Europe” by Frontpage magazine – the far-right publication of anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant and anti-black activist David Horowitz – Dr Vidino said: 

“Europe, as we knew it 30 years ago, is long gone. Demography doesn’t lie: in a couple of decades non-ethnic Europeans will represent the majority of the population in many European cities and a large percentage of them will be Muslim.” 

Dr Vidino’s work has been featured in far-right blogs which inspired the terrorist Anders Behring Breivik who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011.

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

I am aware of police actions, there is also usually an inexplicable moment on their part when it all suddenly escalates, but as I said, in all videos I have watched lately, the key moment is almost always when they are arresting them. So they probably need to approach it differently in training. It seems they should be prepared for an irrational reaction at that moment.

And that is the thing, they don't seem to be scared of being "confronted by armed members of a racist institution", they are scared of being arrested. In most videos, both the police and the person they have stopped are doing fine up until that moment. You can hardly say black people in the US are not aware of a potential danger when confronted by the police, so I don't understand why they usually go off in the middle of it.  

The incident with hands in the air you mention was also fine until suddenly it wasn't. Breona Taylor case, every time

I read about it I learn some new bizarre fact everyone just glossed over. Her partner did technically fire the first shot at the police (and most likely hit the police officer), so you could say, this is how they escalated that particular situation. Which doesn't mean there wasn't a whole sequence of hard to explain events on the part of the police or in general.  

Fear - genuine, justified, mortal fear - leads to actions which are not always rational.  In what way do you think this is inexplicable?

And, yes, Breonna Taylor's partner did exercise his right to try to defend his home from armed intruders.  That's not an escalation.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, PrivateParts said:

Fear - genuine, justified, mortal fear - leads to actions which are not always rational.  In what way do you think this is inexplicable?

And, yes, Breonna Taylor's partner did exercise his right to try to defend his home from armed intruders.  That's not an escalation.

Well, that is certainly a view from a soapbox.

Meanwhile, back in dear old Blighty...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56746987

A Met officer jailed for breaking the leg of a black father in front of his teenage sons did so in a "clear case of racial profiling", a judge has said.

Carl Abrahams left a cemetery in east London with his children on 31 December 2018 after laying flowers.

On their walk home, he was targeted by PC Charlie Harrison.

Judge Gregory Perrins said he was in no doubt that "had Mr Abrahams and his sons been white", Harrison would simply have driven by.

Harrison was jailed for two years and three months on Monday at Southwark Crown Court after being convicted of GBH.

The court heard shortly after lunchtime on New Year's Eve, Harrison was driving an unmarked police car in Forest Gate as part of the Violent Crime Task Force.

He approached Mr Abrahams, who had taken his sons to the cemetery to visit their mother's grave, and performed a "leg sweep" to knock him to the ground.

16 minutes ago, PrivateParts said:

Do you really find it such an inexplicable headscratcher that frightened people don't act rationally?

As I said, they seem to be frightened of being arrested, not of dealing with the police. This is usually the moment when they do something stupid, and if police do the same, the incident happens. So the first thing to be done here is to train the police to read situations better, which may not be that easy, given the constant threat to themselves from heavily armed population and overall level of training.

They must be doing thousands upon thousands of traffic and other stops involving black people every day, without incidents. So I would say it is claear several things need to come together for things to go wrong.

3 hours ago, M_B said:

Feel sorry for her actually. From the video she does seem shocked she shot him.

Tend to agree if it all plays out as it seems. Certainly they will look at the video to see how long she had the weapon in her hand - cops are not like Quick Draw McGraw and pull out and fire - she would have had to take the safety off at some point I would think. If she is holding the pistol for any amount of time and didn't realize it - that would be a problem.

She held it long enough to know she was holding a gun with a full chamber and not a taser. She also should have known after at least a split second that she'd got the wrong weapon from the wrong part of her body, least of all the change in weight from her belt. Interesting that her partner was all of a sudden across the street when she said she'd shot the guy. What tactical reason did he have for being there, wasn't it him who originally had the lad pinned against the car? 

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She held it long enough to know she was holding a gun with a full chamber and not a taser.

Clearly not. She may not have even looked at the weapon. You have reached that conclusion but you weren't in that situation. It is rare, but it has happened on several other occasions - so it can happen.

Not a chance any jury would find her guilty of murder on that video evidence.