You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

14 hours ago, cloggypop said:

You can always call Stig a sectarian prick. 

I'm a Hibs man myself, so sectarian light, glass houses etc.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

He could but I bet he’d have the Betty swollocks to do it to my face. 

Berlin, as soon as restrictions are lifted, Rico's hotel. Be there, family optional.

15 hours ago, skaro said:

Well, you can become Jewish by converting to Judaism.

It's more a religion than an ethnicity.

Palestinians and Muslims are part of the Jewish "ethnicity" as well, if you go back 3000 years to when they were people of the same race living in the Israel environs.

Mary Queen of Scots was a Catholic who spoke French and Elizabeth 1 was a Protestant.  Cousins though. Same ethnicity. 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

34 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I'm a Hibs man myself, so sectarian light, glass houses etc.

Berlin, as soon as restrictions are lifted, Rico's hotel. Be there, family optional.

I was supposed to be going back in July, a rematch was part of the original deal, but had to cancel it. 

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This must be one of the least racist sites on the Internet

True dat.  People here hardly ever express racist views and when they do, they'll get called out.

I get into a bit of a false sense of security by being accustomed to that.  There have been times I've made elsewhere the kind of "careful now - bit racist, that" comment that I can comfortably make here and I've been slaughtered for it.  TLW is my safe space.

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

True dat.  People here hardly ever express racist views and when they do, they'll get called out.

I get into a bit of a false sense of security by being accustomed to that.  There have been times I've made elsewhere the kind of "careful now - bit racist, that" comment that I can comfortably make here and I've been slaughtered for it.  TLW is my safe space.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

In the courtroom the family and Chauvin are only allowed one guest each during proceedings because of Covid - this morning they removed Chauvin's as it hasn't been used once. He may be the only fella with less support than Matt Gaetz atm.

So someone turned up for the first time and they were booted out? Ouch.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That first one made me chuckle, he then went on to say if an officer points a gun at someone that's an escalation to de-escalate. The chief didn't look very impressed, more confused.

17 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Is he still the chief of police there? How is that possible?

They had a big debate inside the courtroom with the jurors outside about whom they could/couldn't interview and the scope of questions that could/couldn't be asked. This resulted in a very delayed start to questioning. I'm a bit surprised I'm watching the Chief being questioned as earlier in the day, the Judge ordered that his testimony wouldn't be shown live as it could affect the trials of the other police officers. Perhaps he only means in Minessota.

18 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They had a big debate inside the courtroom with the jurors outside about whom they could/couldn't interview and the scope of questions that could/couldn't be asked. This resulted in a very delayed start to questioning. I'm a bit surprised I'm watching the Chief being questioned as earlier in the day, the Judge ordered that his testimony wouldn't be shown live as it could affect the trials of the other police officers. Perhaps he only means in Minessota.

So he is still the chief of police department that is responsible for the death of George Floyd?

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

So he is still the chief of police department that is responsible for the death of George Floyd?

Chauvin was fired the next day. It would seem inappropriate in my opinion to fire a black police chief for a white police officer killing a black citizen. I would argue it would incite even more trouble by doing so.

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Fired Chauvin the next day. Has testified they don’t normally arrest for passing a fake note. Has testified that Chauvin has not followed force training and protocol. Has testified that Chauvin should have re-evaluated the need for the force used once he was handcuffed. Has not made any excuse for him nor sought to protect him. Not quite sure why you’d want him fired for acting like you’d expect a competent police chief to act.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Chauvin was fired the next day. It would seem inappropriate in my opinion to fire a black police chief for a white police officer killing a black citizen. I would argue it would incite even more trouble by doing so.

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fired Chauvin the next day. Has testified they don’t normally arrest for passing a fake note. Has testified that Chauvin has not followed force training and protocol. Has testified that Chauvin should have re-evaluated the need for the force used once he was handcuffed. Has not made any excuse for him nor sought to protect him. Not quite sure why you’d want him fired for acting like you’d expect a competent police chief to act.

I think I remember the police chief in Atlanta resigning immediately and that police killing was nowhere near this bad. The chief of Capitol PD also resigned in January. It is, like, accountability 1.1.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I think I remember the police chief in Atlanta resigning immediately and that police killing was nowhere near this bad. The chief of Capitol PD also resigned in January. It is, like, accountability 1.1.

You're right, she offered her resignation in Atlanta as she wanted to "allow authorities and the community to urgently recover trust". No idea what that really means and she continued in a lower positioned role. Erika Shields (Chief) is a white lady with Keisha Lance Bottoms (Mayor) being a black lady. The emergency replacement for Erika Shields (Rodney Bryant) is a black man. With all that in mind - combined with the nature of the crime and the statement regarding authoriries and community - the movement of personnel makes more diplomatic sense.

24 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You're right, she offered her resignation in Atlanta as she wanted to "allow authorities and the community to urgently recover trust". No idea what that really means and she continued in a lower positioned role. Erika Shields (Chief) is a white lady with Keisha Lance Bottoms (Mayor) being a black lady. The emergency replacement for Erika Shields (Rodney Bryant) is a black man. With all that in mind - combined with the nature of the crime and the statement regarding authoriries and community - the movement of personnel makes more diplomatic sense.

And that is probably among the roots of their problem with policing, everything is politics.

Just checked on Wikipedia, Arradondo has been the chief since 2017, 3 years before the Floyd killing. He was assistant chief since 2015. When protests and later riots began, there were reports it is just a culmination of a much longer problem local community has with the city's PD (mostly black people, number of arrests etc). When the riots began, there were reports police was responsible for turning peaceful demonstration into a violent riot (by their heavy handed response). This also happened under Arradondo's watch.

That's some serious teflon shit going on here. Surely he is not the only black guy in that PD so they have to keep him.