You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Why would you say Labour is a racist party (other than to help you sleep after voting for the party of austerity, Brexit and the Windrush scandal)?

I’d look at the report into racism in the party and take on the findings. 

Moaning that a report into racism didn’t turn out the way you’d hoped seems a bit disingenuous from Labour to be fair.  

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well he did support the artist when other people were quite rightly trying to have the vile image removed and he also had a history of meeting with “Deir Yasssn remembered” a few times which as I’m sure you know was founded by Paul Eisen, a famous holocaust denier. We can trade facts about Jeremy and anti Semitism all night. 

He posted one hastily dashed-off comment about artistic freedom on a Facebook thread; not much in the way of "supporting the artist" is it?

I've not come across the Deir Yassn remembered claims.  If they're as credible as the million other claims I've heard, I'll not be rushing to condemn him just yet.

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

He posted one hastily dashed-off comment about artistic freedom on a Facebook thread; not much in the way of "supporting the artist" is it?

I've not come across the Deir Yassn remembered claims.  If they're as credible as the million other claims I've heard, I'll not be rushing to condemn him just yet.

He condemned Israel for killing innocent Palestinians and forcing thousands more out of their homes. Of course he's an anti-semitic twat 

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’d look at the report into racism in the party and take on the findings. 

Moaning that a report into racism didn’t turn out the way you’d hoped seems a bit disingenuous from Labour to be fair.  

I've read it.  The Labour Party is not a racist party.

Do you think the conclusion of today's report - that there's no racism here, we're a beacon of love and harmony - is in any way credible?

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He posted a message of support on the artists Facebook page where the image was clearly visible. Here’s a photo of the Facebook page. It’s pretty desperate semantics to say he wasn’t endorsing it but I’m sure this was discussed at great length on here at the time. 

9AD82566-62D4-4BF7-8F0E-2013F0685BA8.jpeg

I'm glad you've clarified that the picture that he commented on was nothing like the zoomed in version that you originally posted and was instead an image in which the individuals facial characteristics might not be easily seen with just a quick glance. 

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He posted a message of support on the artists Facebook page where the image was clearly visible. Here’s a photo of the Facebook page. It’s pretty desperate semantics to say he wasn’t endorsing it but I’m sure this was discussed at great length on here at the time. 

When you say "clearly visible"... not if you're on your phone and scrolling through 190-odd comments; and certainly not if you're posting your comments so quickly that you don't even spellcheck Rivera.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm glad you've clarified that the picture that he commented on was nothing like the zoomed in version that you originally posted and was instead an image in which the individuals facial characteristics might not be easily seen with just a quick glance. 

Yeah but he gave someone a book by Charles Dickens as a Christmas present,  justify that one. 

45 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Maybe when he liked this image he thought he was picking his favourite board game. 

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Semantics? 

On a day when black and Asian people have been government gaslighted and have tried their best to highlight the racism that they still face, it's somewhat strange that people are trying to push that into the long grass and instead bring up something, in Corbyn's alleged antisemitism, that has been done to death now. 

You may draw whatever inferences from their doing this as you see fit. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Looks like they're no more credible than the rest.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/18/jeremy-corbyn-antisemitism-claims-ludicrous-and-wrong

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

If you read the article he admits to attending the meetings. How is that not credible ? 

He attended the meetings.

Years later, the founder of the group started spouting anti-Semitic shit. 

How is it credible to claim that Corbyn is implicated as an anti-Semite by that?

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

A lot of these former Living Marxism trotskyites seem to have really interesting political trajectories.  

Was Living Marxism the mag that sided with the Bosnian Serbs while they were committing genocide, or have I misremembered that?

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Was Living Marxism the mag that sided with the Bosnian Serbs while they were committing genocide, or have I misremembered that?

They wrote something like the camps story was fake and lost in court, which ended the Living part.