You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

11 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

She's just been told off by the judge for being argumentative and offering additional information when not asked to by the defence team. 

She seemed to be pissed off with the shit that the defence were asking her to buy. 

I liked the cut of her jib. 

I thought she was brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

To be fair we are 13 years behind America, who ended racism in their own country in 2008 when they elected Obama.

Now we can both point out superior fingers at the nasty foreigners who still have racism.

Americans showed the world how multicultural they are by having a black, orange, and white president. Colour clearly doesn't matter over there.

This is a good thread about how and why the ideas have been presented in the way they are.

Pandering to gammons, surprisingly!

Finishes with this =...

'This is the kind of jujitsu we can expect more of on identity and race issues I suspect - the Conservatives' goal is to force a framing which makes liberal antiracism look intolerant, and makes their own inaction look like the product of success, rather than acceptance of failure'

Which sums the whole rabble up perfectly.

• Upvote 2

An arrest was made early Wednesday in an attack on a 65 year old Asian woman that drew widespread outrage after footage of the assault was released.

New York City police identified the suspect as Brandon Elliot, 38, who was charged with two counts of assault as a hate crime and one count each of attempted assault as a hate crime, assault and attempted assault.

He was already on lifetime parole after he was released from prison in November 2019, police said. He was convicted of fatally stabbing his mother in 2002, authorities said. No other details about the murder were released.

Can’t be arsed reading the full report but maybe the definition of ‘institutionalised racism’ needs altering if it states that this isn’t a foundation of UK society. 

It may well be true that we’ve made more progress in this area than other countries but it’s hardly a high bar. 

Just seen that most of the defence's argument is going to hinge on the fact that George Floyd had a high amount of drugs in his system, with the doctor who examined his body claiming that "if he had died at home, it would have been a ruled death by overdose". In other words, he was going to die anyway.

Where have I heard that before?

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

We are all going to die sometime - seems speculative to assign blame. Who knows, y'know?

I have a new plan for today. I'm going to go out and kneel on the neck of someone who really pissed me off years ago and when I get charged with his murder, my defence will be "He was going to die anyway". What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Just seen that most of the defence's argument is going to hinge on the fact that George Floyd had a high amount of drugs in his system, with the doctor who examined his body claiming that "if he had died at home, it would have been a ruled death by overdose". In other words, he was going to die anyway.

Fuck me, if he gets off completely then I can see the reaction making the LA Riots look like mischief night in Calderstones 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If a piano had dropped on his head, it would have been ruled a death by piano.

If a murderous racist cunt choked him to death, it should be ruled death by murderous racist cunt. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've only just skim read an article about the racism in Britain report. 

I might be misinterpreting it re: slavery, but is there a "they'd still be living in mud huts if it wasn't for us" vibe about some of the report? 

There's also a bit that says "we can't be a racist country, because the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics featured a celebration of the Windrush Generation" (because, of course, that's the most significant thing that's happened to that generation in the last decade).