You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Just been stuck behind some old feller in a queue at the shops who insisted that Covid was so bad in this country because 'all the Asians are crammed 8 to a house and wondering why they're getting it'. Fuck sake.

It’s not as if the media messaging isn’t helping idiots form that idea.

I genuinely wondered today if it was deliberate.

11 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Just been stuck behind some old feller in a queue at the shops who insisted that Covid was so bad in this country because 'all the Asians are crammed 8 to a house and wondering why they're getting it'. Fuck sake.

Hes got a point, not for the racist tone but the poor people living in conditions where overcrowding is a necessity are obviously inadvertently putting themselves at more risk than a more wealthy people living in housing with plenty of space and access to a garden. 

This disease is spotlighting the ills in our society,  people from poor and ethnic backgrounds are more likely.to die than their white affluent counterparts, I know science is looking for for genetic explanations but poverty cannot help the cause.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Hes got a point, not for the racist tone but the poor people living in conditions where overcrowding is a necessity are obviously inadvertently putting themselves at more risk than a more wealthy people living in housing with plenty of space and access to a garden. 

This disease is spotlighting the ills in our society,  people from poor and ethnic backgrounds are more likely.to die than their white affluent counterparts, I know science is looking for for genetic explanations but poverty cannot help the cause.

But he's framing it in a way that blames the victims of economic and racial injustice.  That makes him exactly the kind of dickhead that Tories and racists rely on.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

But he's framing it in a way that blames the victims of economic and racial injustice.  That makes him exactly the kind of dickhead that Tories and racists rely on.

Yes I know, I acknowledged that at the start of my post. Hes got the wrong intentions but hes arrived at the right conclusion. Look at the overcrowding in factories in Leicester for an instance.

Your response shows a problem with labour and the luvvie left (not accusing you of being a luvvie angry, or indeed 'left) it's to frightened of pinpointing the bleeding obvious for the dangers of political correctness.

25 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yes I know, I acknowledged that at the start of my post. Hes got the wrong intentions but hes arrived at the right conclusion. Look at the overcrowding in factories in Leicester for an instance.

Your response shows a problem with labour and the luvvie left (not accusing you of being a luvvie angry, or indeed 'left) it's to frightened of pinpointing the bleeding obvious for the dangers of political correctness.

The 'bleeding obvious' being what exactly? The immigrants are the problem?

34 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The 'bleeding obvious' being what exactly? The immigrants are the problem?

There is nothing in my posts to suggest that. Have a re read.

The posts mention problems that stem from poverty, bad housing and awful working conditions. 

It's an unwelcome fact that people from ethnic and poor backgrounds are likely to die from covid. The reasons are in plain sight but conveniently ignored.

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

There is nothing in my posts to suggest that. Have a re read.

The posts mention problems that stem from poverty, bad housing and awful working conditions. 

It's an unwelcome fact that people from ethnic and poor backgrounds are likely to die from covid. The reasons are in plain sight but conveniently ignored.

Those problems affect millions of white people too. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Gnasher is right about this, there’s a first for everything I s’pose.

The reporting Is definitely contrived to shed light on some people rather than others, if this is deliberate I’d not like to know as it’s despicable if true and amateur hour if not. 

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Did I say they didnt affect millions of white people? No I didnt, so I'm not sure what your point is or what road your imagination wants to drive this conversation on.

I'm stating stone cold facts. Poor and ethnic peoples are more likely to die of covid, all known data screams fact.  Poor housing and working conditions suffered by ethnic and poor people probably contribute to that fact.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Did I say they didnt affect millions of white people? No I didnt, so I'm not sure what your point is or what road your imagination wants to drive this conversation on.

I'm stating stone cold facts. Poor and ethnic peoples are more likely to die of covid, all known data screams fact.  Poor housing and working conditions suffered by ethnic and poor people probably contribute to that fact.

So attack the causes rather than just locking down high immigrant areas. Us 'lefties' have been screaming about it for decades yet here we are electing racists who compound the problem.

25 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

So attack the causes rather than just locking down high immigrant areas. Us 'lefties' have been screaming about it for decades yet here we are electing racists who compound the problem.

I'm not sure you help the causes by huddling people in a plane fly them half way across the world then house them in a glorified container all for the purpose of keeping the price of this season's asparagus reasonable but I realise on this I'm in a group of one.

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be completely fair some communities traditionally live with different generations in the same house through choice (like in Italy but nobody was mentioning racism when that was pointed out) Similarly, lots of people choose to live in digs with a lot of other people so they can save up, I used to work in the hotel industry and it was standard. Nothing wrong with it, just the way it is, I was on the same wages as others but had my own place, others prioritised wanting to spend on other things or save.

It doesn’t always mean that people living in close proximity is due to racism and poverty, equally they shouldn’t be singled out as the cause and yes, it makes very easy targets for the racists.
I do have a feeling that this latest lockdown is a thinly veiled attempt to disrupt Eid which is outrageous.

29 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

To be completely fair some communities traditionally live with different generations in the same house through choice (like in Italy but nobody was mentioning racism when that was pointed out) Similarly, lots of people choose to live in digs with a lot of other people so they can save up, I used to work in the hotel industry and it was standard. Nothing wrong with it, just the way it is, I was on the same wages as others but had my own place, others prioritised wanting to spend on other things or save.

It doesn’t always mean that people living in close proximity is due to racism and poverty, equally they shouldn’t be singled out as the cause and yes, it makes very easy targets for the racists.
I do have a feeling that this latest lockdown is a thinly veiled attempt to disrupt Eid which is outrageous.

You were doing well till your last sentence, then you went on an icke. I know this government are a bunch of cunts but to suggest its because of Eid is a bit bonkers. Was the Easter lockdpwn to piss off christians?

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You were doing well till your last sentence, then you went on an icke. I know this government are a bunch of cunts but to suggest its because of Eid is a bit bonkers. Was the Easter lockdpwn to piss off christians?

I should have worded it better. I don’t think they’re doing it to piss people off, I think they’re doing it because they don’t think people will stick to distancing in the same way it was assumed people wouldn’t do it during the league win celebrations.

52 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I should have worded it better. I don’t think they’re doing it to piss people off, I think they’re doing it because they don’t think people will stick to distancing in the same way it was assumed people wouldn’t do it during the league win celebrations.

Yeah I see, agree with you there.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It seems bleeding obvious to me that you and I both think

- the problem is Capitalism

- capitalist-created poverty kills by forcing people into overcrowded workplaces and unfit housing

- the people on the shitty end of this are disproportionately BAME

I can't understand why you think there's any disagreement between you and the "politically-correct luvvie Left" on this.

16 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

It wasn't a Tory MP, was it?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ian-payne/muslim-bame-communities-coronavirus-pandemic/

On 31/07/2020 at 10:52, Gnasher said:

I'm not sure you help the causes by huddling people in a plane fly them half way across the world then house them in a glorified container all for the purpose of keeping the price of this season's asparagus reasonable but I realise on this I'm in a group of one.

No idea what this even means.

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

Defund the police!

This is pretty shocking. First because it's racist behaviour from the police against a father at his dying daughter's bedside and secondly because it's the Daily Mail covering it somewhat sympathetically.

Not really, they paint the main villains of the piece as the hospital staff and you’re going to see a lot of anti-NHS stories from the pro-Tory press in the next few months. 

Note: I’m not defending the actions taken here by the hospital, just stating that you’ll start to see a lot of Tories trying to subtly undermine the NHS soon