You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m mainly concerned with her screwing the Mail and Vine. Think they’re looking at a big libel cost.

Ha this tweet from her. Hypocrisy levels off the scale. The replies supporting her as well.... Tories can give it all out but say anything back and they cry 'bullying'. 

Just now, Numero said:

Isn’t it just a mistake though? Retracted and apologised. Not sure on the law

I think people are saying not only is she supposed to be a journalist who should check these things but also she got told and acknowledged it then left it up for two hours before deleting it and apologising without any context to the apology. She knew what she was doing. I hope she gets rinsed. Doubt she will but lets hope she gets sued for everything then thrown into this 

hellish-attractive-gas-crater.si.jpg

On 11/01/2012 at 09:43, VladimirIlyich said:

Heres the problem though,I,like Mr Hansen still often call black people coloured and I'm not ashamed of it and dont believe I am doing anything wrong as Im just stating a fact.

If i was called Bill,Im not but anyway and im with another guy whose not white like me why is it wrong to point out that hes not me because hes black or coloured. If somebody said 'wheres that coloured or black b*stard?' then thats racist as its an insult purely based on skin colour.

My kids went to uni and both of my lads had a close friend who was asian while i have no asian friends and only know 1 or 2 black lads as aquaintances so feel there has been progress over the last 20 years or so.

With us oldies not really mixing outside our own ethnic groups,although my dad had had a black friend who died last year and knew him from about 10 years of age and they were both mid 70s when he died,but unfortunately thats a rarity.

Strangely enough my nan,my dads mum who wouldnt harm or wish violence on anybody still used the N word without blinking an eyelid.

Things have changed for the better though.

Wish I could neg myself for this terribly worded post back then. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/01/2012 at 14:04, Stu Monty said:

The idea tha you can "combat" racism leaves me a little ponderous. The need to form groups is at the very core of our being, and the need to protect those in our group and alienate those outside of it. Add in the fact that our genes are programmed to have us be protective of the genes that make us (and recognise that a person of the same colour is more likely to share those same genes) and you have a problem that isn't going to go away very soon.

There's a reason that black people can recognise and store black faces better than I can and it isn't societal, it's genetic.

Al's been hoist by his own petard it looks like. If you will go showing off your boss off-spin down the park then don't be surprised if people call you a Paki.

Genetic differences between races? Or race is a social construct? 

44 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Genetic differences between races? Or race is a social construct? 

It's a bit of both. Classifications that sort people by skin colour alone, like "black", are artificial constructs; some groups of people we'd describe as black are more closely related to white European folk than they are to other groups of people we'd describe as black. At the same time, it would be madness to deny that there are very many distinct groups of people who have a shared heritage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2020 at 20:46, Rocky Sullivan said:

The first few pages on this thread are fucking rotten. I don't remember reading it at the time but fucking hell, Noos and Pony Princess are deffo in the All Lives Matter brigade. Fucking disgusting. 

It has to be said that a lot of posts from just even a few years ago have not aged well. Forum legends apparently 

• Upvote 1

On 27/06/2020 at 15:46, Rocky Sullivan said:

The first few pages on this thread are fucking rotten. I don't remember reading it at the time but fucking hell, Noos and Pony Princess are deffo in the All Lives Matter brigade. Fucking disgusting. 

The vast majority of people only truly care about racism and are ready to do something tangible about it when it affects them. The opening post of the thread is an example of that. Emlyn Noos sounds like a twat, but his mindset is probably not that far off from most people's. 

A couple days ago on Instagram, a black NFL player quoted an anti-semetic passage from Louis Farrakhan, who himself was quoting Hitler about how Jews control the world and how they don't want the black man to succeed.

This was liked and positively commented on by a bunch of NBA and NFL players who also agreed with that sentiment. And some of those guys even doubled down on their hateful opinion afterwards, almost no apologies. Quite ironic because for months now, some of these same players were the ones campaigning against racism toward blacks. When you're black, racism against blacks = not ok but against Jews? I'm black, why should I care, I got my own problems. That's what it is. 

Jameela Jamil (who seems to have gone to America to claim the crown of the dumbest export ever) retweeted a pic of Farrakhan with the caption ‘why have I never heard of this genius before?’  Deleted a few mins later. No consequences.  No apology. 

5 hours ago, Champ said:

It has to be said that a lot of posts from just even a few years ago have not aged well. Forum legends apparently 

I think a lot of posts ignoring the modern day slavery happening in Britain and Leicester today on the eu thread will not age well, not well at all, I think the casual shrugging of shoulders by some known posters is telling.

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think a lot of posts ignoring the modern day slavery happening in Britain and Leicester today on the eu thread will not age well, not well at all, I think the casual shrugging of shoulders by some known posters is telling.

And what exactly are you talking about?

26 minutes ago, Numero said:

He’s lying. Nobody is ignoring modern slavery. They’re denying that it’s caused by free movement. 

I'm not lying, there has been a distinct lack of comment on the exposure of the slavery in Leicester, probably because of the role the eu free movement has played in enabling modern day slavery to flourish.

It's unfair to clog up another thread so I will leave it there.

9 minutes ago, Numero said:

You followed a comment saying you're not lying with a lie. What's wrong with you, ffs. 

There are hardly any comments bar from myself on the issue of slavery in Leicester,  loads on the slavery issue in the racism in America thread.

https://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/search/&q=Slavery &page=2&search_and_or=or

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I know nothing of the headline he is talking about.

I was trying (badly) to make the point of slavery/racism having many outlets. The moral indignation in the racism in south america thread feels hypocritical when the modern day slavery iin Leicester s ignored, possi6 because the issue in Leicester sheds light on the downside of eu policy on free movement  but as I've stated it's unfair to clog up another thread when its elsewhere on the forum.

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I was trying (badly) to make the point of slavery/racism having many outlets. The moral indignation in the racism in south america thread feels hypocritical when the modern day slavery iin Leicester s ignored, possi6 because the issue in Leicester sheds light on the downside of eu policy on free movement  but as I've stated it's unfair to clog up another thread when its elsewhere on the forum.

Where were you with your moral indignation when all the Chinese cocklepickers drowned in Morecambe Bay? I don't see a single post about that you hypocrite. Is it because they're Chinese, and didn't use EU FoM, that they don't count in your weird point scoring attempt?

Racist!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Where were you with your moral indignation when all the Chinese cocklepickers drowned in Morecambe Bay? I don't see a single post about that you hypocrite. Is it because they're Chinese, and didn't use EU FoM, that they don't count in your weird point scoring attempt?

Racist!

You reinforce my point. If I was posting here then I'm pretty sure i would have condemned the enslavement of the Chinese as I'm sure would certain posters who have beeb very quiet regarding the slavery in Leicester.  In the words of Kurt Cobain smells  like hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

You reinforce my point. If I was posting here then I'm pretty sure i would have condemned the enslavement of the Chinese as I'm sure would certain posters who have beeb very quiet regarding the slavery in Leicester.  In the words of Kurt Cobain smells  like hypocrisy.

Who?