You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This in not correct. Being fat is a bad thing. Being black is not. (I'm always amazed by the number of people who struggle to understand that. It's not hard!) If I meet a mate down the pub I may give him some shit about how fat he is now hes reaching his late 30's. I would not give a person some shit about how black they still are.

Erm, you're sure about that?

I would just like to add how much I enjoy racial slurs against white people. Cracker, Honky and Lobster on South beach are all first class.

No one has a problem with black people being described as black. I don't know where this idea stemmed from.

Aye, it got peddled about a 100 times on the Suarez thread did that one. Mostly by one person to be fair but others too.

It's not OK to call someone a fat bastard, ginger bastard, etc. Learn some manners.

Referring to the colour of a person's skin in order to describe them isn't (or shouldn't be) any more offensive than referring to their hair, height, weight, age or whatever.

Using their colour as part of an insult is, obviously, very racist and very offensive.

(I'm always amazed by the number of people who struggle to understand that. It's not hard!)

This in not correct. Being fat is a bad thing. Being black is not. (I'm always amazed by the number of people who struggle to understand that. It's not hard!) If I meet a mate down the pub I may give him some shit about how fat he is now hes reaching his late 30's. I would not give a person some shit about how black they still are.

Yeah he's got that completely wrong. Being fat is just as bad as being black. In fact it's probably worse come to think of it.

He has got it completely wrong, AOT is spot on with the lack of manners, insulting anyone no matter what is piss poor. Whilst you may have a bit of a banter amongst mates, insulting (as opposed to describing) someone you've never met based on any physical appearance is wrong no matter what. Being fat, ginger, disabled, whatever doesn't make someone free reign for the receipt of abuse.

I'm a bastard, i'm also fat, both are correct. Calling me those if i've never met you would probably land you on your arse.

And more to the point, what's your problem with me?

He has got it completely wrong, AOT is spot on with the lack of manners, insulting anyone no matter what is piss poor. Whilst you may have a bit of a banter amongst mates, insulting (as opposed to describing) someone you've never met based on any physical appearance is wrong no matter what. Being fat, ginger, disabled, whatever doesn't make someone free reign for the receipt of abuse.

I'm a bastard, i'm also fat, both are correct. Calling me those if i've never met you would probably land you on your arse.

And more to the point, what's your problem with me?

I don't have a problem with you, I wasn't aware you were a "fat bastard" and I was obviously joking about the fat being worse than black thing. Apologies if you felt insulted, that certainly wasn't my intention, I would never say that to anyone (either on here or in real life).

I was watching a bit of Rising Damp yesterday, and whilst I understand it's a product of its time I'm surprised the PC brigade don't get on at ITV. There must be a point where Love Thy Neighbour isn't acceptable but Rising Damp is. I'm guessing Alf Garnett is also now only to be seen on dvd.

I don't have a problem with you, I wasn't aware you were a "fat bastard" and I was obviously joking about the fat being worse than black thing. Apologies if you felt insulted, that certainly wasn't my intention, I would never say that to anyone (either on here or in real life).

I'm sorry, i didn't realise your prior response was tongue in cheek so to speak. I wasn't insulted, i just felt that AOT was correct so questioned Grouts response.

I was watching a bit of Rising Damp yesterday, and whilst I understand it's a product of its time I'm surprised the PC brigade don't get on at ITV. There must be a point where Love Thy Neighbour isn't acceptable but Rising Damp is. I'm guessing Alf Garnett is also now only to be seen on dvd.

Hope not. It was, after all, laughing at racists, not with them.

Ginger women in real life look like Sissy Spacek , fucking grim,

16265-2980.gif

most ginger men look like Eric Stoltz;

stoltz.jpg

I'm not interested in some air brushed red heads on that thread, these are the real gingers i'm dealing with on a daily basis and it's fucking bang out of order.

You've led a sheltered life then my friend. Granted a large portion of ginger women are absolute swamp donkey's, but my god, the ones that aren't more than make up for it.

Averages the whole lot of them out !

You've led a sheltered life then my friend. Granted a large portion of ginger women are absolute swamp donkey's, but my god, the ones that aren't more than make up for it.

Averages the whole lot of them out !

I've sheltered myself from Gingers and their weak, polluted genes, it amazes me how they are not yet exctinct.

Yes. The people equating being fat or ugly with being black are the ones that need to have a word with themselves.

I think you're totally missing the point of insults. No-one has the right to insult another.

Being fat/ugly is subjective. You've stated it's a 'bad' thing I disagree. Using it as an insult, as pointed out is also wrong - on the same level as any other insult. Some people just take offence to things differently, as pointed out in other threads - who is anyone to judge how another reacts?

I'd love to know what you think about ugly fat people from ethnic backgrounds?

Ugly fat bastards who happen to be black!

If you are mates with someone then anything goes, that is it. Some bloke walking down the street doesn't deserve to be labelled a fat bastard because he isn't black or asian!

Ugly fat ginger people from ethnic backgrounds, they're the worst, them.

Gingerist!

Ugly fat bastards who happen to be black!

If you are mates with someone then anything goes, that is it. Some bloke walking down the street doesn't deserve to be labelled a fat bastard because he isn't black or asian!

Exactly, i think.

ETA, i just don't get the whole insult thing, what gives anyone any right to insult another based on any part of their physiology? (let alone anything else)

I think you're totally missing the point of insults. No-one has the right to insult another.

Being fat/ugly is subjective. You've stated it's a 'bad' thing I disagree. Using it as an insult, as pointed out is also wrong - on the same level as any other insult. Some people just take offence to things differently, as pointed out in other threads - who is anyone to judge how another reacts?

Exactly the same as I think about fat and ugly white people. Thats the point! Calling someone fat is an insult. Calling someone ugly is an insult. Calling someone black isnt.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
Gingerist!

Exactly, i think.

ETA, i just don't get the whole insult thing, what gives anyone any right to insult another based on any part of their physiology? (let alone anything else)

And yet you have made it quite clear on numerous occasions that you want Pepe's chorizo because he's fit. Double standards.