You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst BBC 'comedy' ever - Mrs Browns Boys?

Pony Princess

Anyone watch this fucking travesty of a programme last night? Christ, it was like watching Extra's 'When the Whistle Blows' except without the camp appeal.

Imagine my surprise when I googled this show, to try and find some reviews for last nights ep - I realized that the 'Unfunniest TV show' (mrs browns boys determined to be the most unfunny programme on tv) was actually in its 2nd series. Thats right, they recommisioned it.

Fucking hell, the BBC must have cunts of gold to throw money at this shite. Next time the TV license man comes round to ask why I don't pay I'll get the laptop out and show him some of these bad boys.

BBC One - Mrs Brown's Boys, Series 2, Mammy's Coming!

• Upvote 1

It's been commissioned for a third series, too, by the way.

Incidentally, in terms of the BBC (re)commissioning the show, is it acceptable procedure to hire family members who can't act as cast members and have the public foot the bill?

Wiki: "Many of the main cast is played by O'Carroll's family. For example, Cathy Brown is played by his wife, Winnie McGoogan by his sister, Maria Nicholson by his daughter, Buster Brady by his son and Betty Brown by his daughter-in-law. The character of Dermot, is played by the actor who was also a very close family friend, and regarded very much as his real life adopted son."

I've never seen it but it's got quite a good rep hasn't it? Can't be worse than My Hero.

I actually used My Hero as the marker and I consider from what I've seen, Mrs Browns Boys to be worse. Its actually filmed in front of a live audience and good lord, these mongs love it. I'd recommend watching last nights episode just to understand where I'm coming from.

Just watched a few minutes of it on the BBCiplayer. Not good. But this fucking drek is going on at the Echo Arena later in the year.

I know this O'Carroll guy has had quite a bit of success in Liverpool with earlier versions of his creation, Mrs Brown, but surely even those who enjoy this comedic antiquity can't be so numerous as to fill the arena. Please say it ain't so.

Chilean Mine Starting To Sound Not Bad

26-08-10

BEING trapped down a mine shaft in Chile for four months is starting to sound not too bad, men across Britain said last night.

As the 33 miners were told they may not be out by Christmas, British men immediately pointed out that meant no commuting, free food pellets and a 16 week long, all-expenses paid farting competition.

Tom Logan, from Hatfield, said: "Okay so you wouldn't see your wife for four months, but my wife's a fucking pain in the arse.

"Also, I wouldn't be crammed in, bumcheek to bumcheek, with dozens of sweaty proles before being spewed onto a platform and dragging myself to an office where I'm surrounded by stupid bloody women talking shit all day."

He added: "Plus, they're sending down anti-depressants, which, if you mix with vodka or whisky, could certainly make at least two or three weeks just fly by."

Roy Hobbs, from Doncaster, said: "I imagine there will be a couple of weeks of Fight Club but you can always just take a dive in the first round and spend the rest of the contest betting with your happy pills.

"The only slight problem I can foresee is that it will absolutely fucking stink. I've been scouring the papers for any mention of toilet facilities, but so far nothing. Then again we are talking about 33 men so I imagine it has already developed into a contest over who can generate the most evil, puke-inducing stench. Jammy bastards."

Martin Bishop, from Stevenage, said: "Apparently they have over a mile of tunnels to play with. Those men are going to have the best game of Cowboys and Indians in the history of the world.

"And of course when it comes to matters of sexual intercourse, I assume there will be a general rule of 'what happens in the shaft, stays in the shaft'."

Tom Logan added: "I've just realised that because it's a group of men 700m underground there is no possibility of anyone at any point watching Grey's Anatomy.

"I wish we still had mines in this country. Fucking Thatcher.