You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is the worst job...

Sugar Ape

I've had a couple shit jobs. I worked at Lidl where I got paid by the shift, but would have to stay later if 'all the work wasn't done', which it never was. I worked there for 2 months and was owed about £100 in unpaid wages by the time I left, which was a lot given that I was doing about 10 hours a week.

The worst job was at a health waste incinerator. It was out the back of a hospital and just dealt with destroying all of the waste it built up. On the day I picked to go to work, the incinerator had broken down, which meant that all of the bags of shit-filled diapers, half empty yoghurts and so on, had to be loaded onto lorries and taken to another location. This was in the height of summer, and it became the job of myself and another guy to fill a forty-foot lorry with bags and bags of medical waste. We emptied them out of these medical containers, onto the bed of the lorry, and when they piled up, we climbed in and launched them to the back. We had to wear needle proof gloves (so we didn't get aids) and these protective clothing suits, which kept tearing through due to the amount we were sweating. I spent about six fucking hours, solidly, doing that. It was rubbish.

I used to work at a chemical factory in the early-mid 80's, thankfully not in the yard given the stuff they used to throw round there - Phosgene, Bromine, Chlorine, Sodium Cyanide etc etc - a job came in from the parent company which basically involved pouring 2 really shite chemicals into a drum, mixing them together and then sticking a lid on it. The lads doing the job had to wear full air suits hard hats and goggles given the toxic nature of the stuff. I think they had the job a week, had something like 8 lads taken to the ambulance room overcome with various ailments before they fucked the job off.

More chemical industry stuff. when I lived in Runcorn, my neighbour was a really great old fellah who used to work at ICI. One of his jobs as a young man was when they made whatever they made, the chemicals in the reactor would form a crust on the outside, and the liquid they wanted was inside the crust, This stuff would be boiling 100+ degrees. His job was to open an inspection inlet, stick a poker through the crust and then jump clear as the liquid chemical came out into a container. As the burns on his arms and hands showed - and it was 30-40 years since he did the job - he didnt always get out the way in time.

I used to work at a chemical factory in the early-mid 80's, thankfully not in the yard given the stuff they used to throw round there - Phosgene, Bromine, Chlorine, Sodium Cyanide etc etc - a job came in from the parent company which basically involved pouring 2 really shite chemicals into a drum, mixing them together and then sticking a lid on it. The lads doing the job had to wear full air suits hard hats and goggles given the toxic nature of the stuff. I think they had the job a week, had something like 8 lads taken to the ambulance room overcome with various ailments before they fucked the job off.

More chemical industry stuff. when I lived in Runcorn, my neighbour was a really great old fellah who used to work at ICI. One of his jobs as a young man was when they made whatever they made, the chemicals in the reactor would form a crust on the outside, and the liquid they wanted was inside the crust, This stuff would be boiling 100+ degrees. His job was to open an inspection inlet, stick a poker through the crust and then jump clear as the liquid chemical came out into a container. As the burns on his arms and hands showed - and it was 30-40 years since he did the job - he didnt always get out the way in time.

I had a shit job in ICI Runcorn in the late 80s myself. Me and about 8 other lads were temps and there were a number of different jobs per shift and the temps got all the shit ones obviously.

On nights no bosses were around so it was job and finish so the old hands would be in the mess hut before midnight on a 9pm-7am shift while all the temps were always struggling with broken down refridgerant gas machines while the old hands were getting their forty winks.Occasionally they would help us temps but not always so we were stuck outside in the freezing cold until a couple of hours before the end of the shift.

We would also do this shift pattern where you would change from nights to afternoons on the same day.

Finish at 7am and have to be back in by 2pm,I was knackered and put on about 2 stone because I was eating meals at about 2 in the morning.

They've now got rid of those refridgerant gasses or CFC's as they were called.

Working in a lasagne factory in Warrington on the night shift was particularly bad but the worst was decomisioning chemical warheads at Burtonwood when it was a USAF base. They gave us gloves but once i got some of the gunge onto my coat and it burnt right through about 4 layers of clothes.

I work at this shit tip, one of my jobs was something similar, take a sample of the caustic soda, it involved sticking a nickel sample plate into a drum of 400 degree liquid caustic.

Also had to put lids on the drums, if any caustic had spilled over then the lids wouldn't go on, so had to scrape and bang the shit off, trying not to get any splashed into your face. Cunt of a job.

I'm an electrician, how the fuck we ended up with that job is beyond me. Luckily the plant shut and we get to just be an electrician now.

Working in a lasagne factory in Warrington on the night shift was particularly bad but the worst was decomisioning chemical warheads at Burtonwood when it was a USAF base. They gave us gloves but once i got some of the gunge onto my coat and it burnt right through about 4 layers of clothes.

That's fucking boss!

My best mate used to work as a "Teaser"...that's a Horse Wanker to the layman.

When I was a young shagger, out on the lash in LA in 1994, I tapped this dusky bint from New Zealand...or was it Leicester ???! Can't remember...

Anyway, we were sitting in this booth in the bar at The Banana Bungalow, I had my left arm round her shoulders and I was holding her right hand in my right when she asked me what my job was back home.

"Horse Wanker"

Hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Made her laugh out loud and within the hour (or two), I was in there.

Mind you, I tried to win my brown wings for the very first time with her that night, and from what I can recall she was certainly game, but I nearly snapped my banjo and I fell off the bed !

Happy days down at the stud farm.

Did it give you superpowers?

QUOTE=TheBitch;3052954]I work at this shit tip, one of my jobs was something similar, take a sample of the caustic soda, it involved sticking a nickel sample plate into a drum of 400 degree liquid caustic.

Also had to put lids on the drums, if any caustic had spilled over then the lids wouldn't go on, so had to scrape and bang the shit off, trying not to get any splashed into your face. Cunt of a job.

I'm an electrician, how the fuck we ended up with that job is beyond me. Luckily the plant shut and we get to just be an electrician now.

I drive a computer and while I have a lot of stress its all relative compared to this sort of stuff, I'm a big tart and couldnt put up with that.

Have some rep anyway for doing what I'm too much of a puff to do.

I've had a couple shit jobs. I worked at Lidl where I got paid by the shift, but would have to stay later if 'all the work wasn't done', which it never was. I worked there for 2 months and was owed about £100 in unpaid wages by the time I left, which was a lot given that I was doing about 10 hours a week.

The worst job was at a health waste incinerator. It was out the back of a hospital and just dealt with destroying all of the waste it built up. On the day I picked to go to work, the incinerator had broken down, which meant that all of the bags of shit-filled diapers, half empty yoghurts and so on, had to be loaded onto lorries and taken to another location. This was in the height of summer, and it became the job of myself and another guy to fill a forty-foot lorry with bags and bags of medical waste. We emptied them out of these medical containers, onto the bed of the lorry, and when they piled up, we climbed in and launched them to the back. We had to wear needle proof gloves (so we didn't get aids) and these protective clothing suits, which kept tearing through due to the amount we were sweating. I spent about six fucking hours, solidly, doing that. It was rubbish.

Literally.

Another shit job I had was in character mailing ltd in netherton, 4 hours a night four nights a week. Stand behing a conveyor belt with 6 spaces to put xmas cards in. They would empty every minute then you put another stack in, for four hours straight, the only break I got was when I was knobbing one of the many birds in the canteen behind the vending machines.

When in ICI i heard rumours that some of the workers used to add caustic soda to pieces of bread and feed them to the birds.

I've heard that one too.

Caustic is a real cunt. Had some real scary moments with it, running to showers to get it off me after a bag split and it spilled down my boots, getting it splashed on my face, the list goes on. Seen fellas get the tiniest spec of dust in their eye and start screaming in agony and running for the showers.

One thing I will say though, at least you know what it's doing to you. You fucking well know you're getting burnt, not like the other chemicals I'm working with now, carcinogenics and the like. Fuck knows what long term damage they're doing.

I reckon this womans job must have got a little dull from time to time...

Leslie Grange, 32, has been a sign language interpreter for seven years. In a statement today she cited ‘personal difficulties – particularly a crushing professional boredom’ as to why, over the past six months, she had started deviating from what was actually being reported, giving deaf viewers an often ‘wildly different version of events’.

“Questions started to be raised around the time of the Japanese earthquake when several viewers emailed us to complain about our reports of radioactive zombies sighted near the nuclear reactor. We dismissed them as some sort of organised hoax.”

“However, when there were similar numbers getting in touch to ask if Rebekah Brooks was really in trouble for raping a monkey, and why the BBC was claiming that, as a special summer treat, the Prime Minister had told the nation’s teenagers they didn’t have to pay for anything any more, we realised something was wrong.”

“I would like to apologise to everyone in the deaf community,” Grange told reporters today, “though when I had Cameron tell Obama “your statesmen-like profile leaves my willy plump” – well, frankly I don’t think that is so very far from the truth.”

BBC sign language interpreter sacked for 'changing the news' | The Poke: