You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why I'll Never Do A Bungee Jump

VladimirIlyich

It's crap the bit about croc infested waters.No crocodiles would live in the fast moving waters arounds rapids.

It's a massive river(2500km),so yes there are crocs in places but not round rapids.

Got to be nuts to do something like that.

It's crap the bit about croc infested waters.No crocodiles would live in the fast moving waters arounds rapids.

It's a massive river(2500km),so yes there are crocs in places but not round rapids.

Got to be nuts to do something like that.

Was going to say that crocodiles are uncomfortable around rapids and fast moving water cos its almost impossible for them to feed as they cant sense vibration because of it.

Good fuckin job too.

Safety standards in Zambia aren't exactly going to be high... that's why shes stupid... However, the company should definitely have an investigation, however, judging on their location? I doubt they'll have any troubles.
Have you been to Zambia?

Guest ShoePiss

It's a terrible generalisation, I've bungeed in 'Africa' and it was as safe as can be.

Anyway I would have took one look at the bungee and said fuck that.

Have you been to Zambia?

No. Africa doesn't really 'call' to me at all.

However, this is from the Australian Travel Advice website:

The safety standards Australians might expect of tour operators are not always met especially for activities such as adventure sports. Sufficient life jackets and adequate safety equipment may not be provided. Recommended maintenance standards and safety precautions may not be observed. Particular care should be taken when rafting near Victoria Falls.

It's a terrible generalisation, I've bungeed in 'Africa' and it was as safe as can be.

No, it's really not. Do some research! These countries are not your home country. Extreme sports, eating, hospital care, transportation, etc. will likely be more dangerous than your home country. It's not rocket science, and as an avid traveler, I make sure to understand the inherent risks in all activities in each country that I visit.

Anyway I would have took one look at the bungee and said fuck that.

Exactly, and that helps point to the girl being stupid.

I was asked to do a bungee jump for charidee a good few years ago. Hated it. It fucking hurts. Loads of dickheads going before you coming off shouting whoop and going on about some sort of rush they got out of it. Yeah dude, and all that.

It pulls most of the blood in your body, into your eyes. It's about as much fun as that sounds.

Yeah all of Africa is the same, you know, that continent that is bigger than freaking Canada! If a professional company advises equipment is safe it's not that big a stretch that you believe them.

I am amazed you will happily take a lazy generalisation like that Lance, you've seen enough of the world not to be taken in by half baked stereotypes.