You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That dirty cunt Scholes

RobbieOR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref was shit, but until they get help with technology that will continue to be the case. There isn't one good ref around and that tells me that the job is too hard. Video evidence has to come in where clubs can appeal decisions during a game, it works in other sports, no reason why it shouldn't work in football.

Re: The Match. City at times were happy for United to have the ball. I know they were scared to lose their shape, but they had to try harder. Aguero and Rooney were both brilliant. But City would have won had the ref not fucked up. To be honest I'm not sure he did fuck up - the rule is wrong and the decision won't be overturned, as Kompany did left the ground with both feet off it. It was clearly a good tackle, but the refs will cover themselves with the rule, which is wrong and it is the reason why Spearing got unfairly banned.

Still think we'll win the cup and United knocking out City, who are a better team - might help us in the competition.

Re..the ref. Yes he had a bad game, but how many times does he get to see the incident??? Once unlike us at home who can see it a dozen times. Even the commentators said that at first they thought it was a sending off, but after seeing the replay they said that it was a very bad decision. Yes, they said that after the replays, the ref didn't have that luxury and agree that they should be helped.

How long would it take, after all the game was stopped for a couple of minutes after all the complaining so it still would have not held the game up.

Also the Man City penalty, the obvious giveaway was Jones banging on his chest, and then looking up blowing his cheeks out.

Yep sending off, hand ball everything went there way.

Apart from when Foy bottled giving them another penalty for Kolarov taking out Valencia in the second half. Foy doesn't favour any team in particular, he's just an awful ref who thankfully isn't allowed to take charge of any of our games.

Much as i wouldnt want to take utd side, Kompany had both feet off the floor when he tackled who ever it was. You just cant do that now, he is an experienced international he should know that.

Are you saying you think it was a red?

It was Nani he tackled.

Do you honestly think that if it was in any way dangerous Nani wouldn't have been rolling around like a fanny?

Every player played on except for Rooney the shithouse. I'm fully convinced Foy would've done nothing but for him.

As far as I'm concerned, it was a quality tackle. All ball.

Much as i wouldnt want to take utd side, Kompany had both feet off the floor when he tackled who ever it was. You just cant do that now, he is an experienced international he should know that.

Quite right - there'd have been uproar on here if that tackle had been against one of our players and only a yellow card or even no free kick was given.

Can't be arsed starting a new thread but SSN just reporting Citeh to appeal Kompany's red card. FA to hear the case on Tuesday and rule on it ahead of their game against us Wednesday. Bad decision as it was I would normally be surprised if they overturned it . That said he is currently banned for both legs of the semi so I expect a reduction to 1 game at least !

I had to laugh this morning I heard on the radio I'm not even sure what channel just overheard it in the background. Its as if the Mancs must either have constant propaganda on the go or they just have a lot of small time sad fans in the media.

The actual news presenter was reading a report about yesterdays game and how Scholes came back and how he messed up for City's second. Then she proceeded to mention how Scholes had a succesful pass completion rate of over 70% and had played well on his return.

I just thought to myself, why did she need to mention that. Just to basically say "Well Scholes ballsed up and we know you're all laughing but but but he a good game you see"

Quite right - there'd have been uproar on here if that tackle had been against one of our players and only a yellow card or even no free kick was given.

Your talking shite, it was a quality tackle, all ball, and even if a ref deemed it dangerous, a free-kick at most... Stop being a drama queen!