You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I weep for the future.

I also agree.

I'm not a racist but some members of my family and most of the blokes I see in the pub appear to be and I've got sick of arguing with them. I can't change the what they believe in. It's been going on for too long and whether we like it or not it's fucking endemic in our society now matter how many people would like to pretend it isn't.

Liverpool can't stop the chanting and everything I've read here and on other boards suggest Evra is not going to get an easy ride. Then again when has any United player had an easy ride at Anfield or a Liverpool player had an easy ride at OT?

I fear for our future because of the fucking media. Even my Dad who's now in his 80s and not lived in Liverpool for 60 years can see what the media is doing and he doesn't need fan sites like this to tell him.

The worse thing is I can't see what we can do about it apart from deflecting the flak. Let's hope the Met gets the John Terry thing sorted sooner rather than later.

It feels almost inevitable that some wankers will call Evra a black cunt and the media will probably have reporters with cameras set to record stationed all round the ground and it'll be all over the internet and the papers straight away.

Hey, maybe it can played behind closed doors? Only joking...

I think I'm going to hibernate. Wake me up when it's all over.

YNWA

Well that's a really short sighted view. You need to look at the bigger picture here.

Suarez has been found guilty of an offence, and, as far as world football is concerned, he's been found guilty for a good reason. I'm not interested in having that debate all over again, but Liverpool against united is a fixture broadcast across the whole world, with fans for both teams in the far flung corners of any map you produce.

What will be reported, is that Liverpool fans attack Evra, because he came forward and spoke up against racism. Sometimes you just have to take your medicine and get on with it. Looking at this logically, would you want any part of our stadium naming rights (that we're trying to flog at the moment) if you were an interested party watching the game?

If you were a talented black player from abroad, and you heard Liverpool fans booing a black man, would you be interested in joining?

A verdict has been cast, and we have decided not to appeal. We are in danger of doing some irreparable damage to our reputation as a club.

We could well be turning ourselves into manus non grata, just so 40,000 people get to scream and shout out public enemy number one.

You may not give a shit, but you fucking well should. As should every single one of us.

Bang on, Horus.

Bang on, Horus.

Laudable and well reasoned as your views are, we are dealing with passion and an overwhelming sense of injustice on the part of us Liverpool supporters.

If Evra plays, and I don't believe he will, then he will just have to accept that he will be seen as the villain of the day - not because he is black but because he is perceived as being a liar, along with his manager. Evra didn't expose racism. he merely failed to comprehend a linguistic and cultural nuance that has now been condemned as being racist in our culture. His 'crusade' started with a lie - 'Suarez called me a nigger' - and it is that distortion of the truth that will be on people's minds come the cup tie.

Of course, instead of receiving the height of abuse, Evra should be treated with the same respect and courtesy as we show any Unied players. Who knows? - Liverpool people's magnanimity knows no bounds and Patrice could well be invited to visit local family's homes to take tea and fuck their daughters. Although I doubt it.

Laudable and well reasoned as your views are, we are dealing with passion and an overwhelming sense of injustice on the part of us Liverpool supporters.

If Evra plays, and I don't believe he will, then he will just have to accept that he will be seen as the villain of the day - not because he is black but because he is perceived as being a liar, along with his manager. Evra didn't expose racism. he merely failed to comprehend a linguistic and cultural nuance that has now been condemned as being racist in our culture. His 'crusade' started with a lie - 'Suarez called me a nigger' - and it is that distortion of the truth that will be on people's minds come the cup tie.

Sure

But, as supporters, we will be playing right into the media's hands by abusing Evra and booing him the whole game. They'll absolutely lap it up.

"Liverpool supporters boo a player who had the temerity to make a stand against racism"

You may not agree with their view, but that's exactly how it will be reported. Bet your house on it.

Sure

But, as supporters, we will be playing right into the media's hands by abusing Evra and booing him the whole game. They'll absolutely lap it up.

"Liverpool supporters boo a player who had the temerity to make a stand against racism"

You may not agree with their view, but that's exactly how it will be reported. Bet your house on it.

For once I agree 100% with you. Booing him plays right into the hands of the media. We'd be writing the headlines for them.

I like the idea someone had for sarcastically cheering him everytime hes on the ball. That would actually be pretty fucking hilarious.

Guest TK-421

If he plays he'll get booed leading to further allegations of a racist culture inside Anfield.

If he doesn't play the official line will be "the racists have won".

Screwed either way.

No Randy Marsh - Not so much "Israel & Palestine" as?

WWII level Germany & Russia given the sheer Size of both clubs & their hatred/bile/venom/poison levels etc for one another.

Oh & before I forget? Allow me to say Well done & Then some FA. Mission Complete eh? Well, along with your sheer Shafting of our club these past few months with your ridiculous rule interpretations, Utterly laughable scheduling of our games in Early December, Imaginary (& oddly timed) bans & unwavering support of an Outright Liar? You've done this by those above actions of yours. Oh & that was Not to mention also your deliberate stoking of the hatred & Resentment between us & Them to almost unheard of recent levels (i.e. Overdrive) as a result of all this? You've now sent Them into the very mouth of the Dragon they so fear - At just the time said beast is simply Dying to cover someone in fire & whadda ya know? He's just had the One meal he'd have chosen served to him on a plate by you just knowing Full well What will happen. Well? On Your head's be the Resultant Carnage & Make No mistake at all? There will most certainly be carnage & That? Is putting it midly indeed. I Hope you're happy with yourselves FA & you're supposed to be 'Peacemakers' as part of your role? Don't make me laugh - You're worse than Neville Chamberlain was in '39 with the Germans. In fact If I didn't know better? I'd say that draw? Was planned & Further? The ref' Will be similarly 'primed' to - Wonder why? Recent statments/emphasis of Your incompetence from us hit home? We shall see soon enough - I remain to be convinced otherwise.......

Anyway - re' The Draw? Well, what to say really? Fire Well & Truely lit, fed & stoked to 50 feet high proportions, cans of extra parrafin & gasoline thrown on, All unpinned grenades chucked in & five loaded rocket launchers & bazookas fired at said blaze for good measure; Now? The second phase has started with the Final fuse touched & lit along with the countdown for the ICBM's Thermonuclear warhead beginning? Stand WELL Back & Take Cover everyone. Job Well & Truely fucking done. Please all remember to wear chemical suits to avoid lasting damage from the inevitable mushroom cloud & nuclear fallout that Will result from this one. Good luck, 'Cause you just All Know it's Going to be pure unadulterated evil, sheer & utter poison, the very definitions of spite & anger - in short? Nothing less than Complete & utter, total, outright, Open War. Oh & btw? Welcome to Hell Patrice; This? Is All your fault..........

Edited by Redshadow

Re Evra? I think he'll play to Sweeney for sure; But If/when he does? There is No way after the last few months he's Not getting carried off that pitch Before the end of the game - One of our midfielders Will Get him & then some - We'll see if he cries as much then when he's Really got something to complain about no? And yes, You can Mark My Words on that if you so wish - That is so certain to happen? Even now I will mark it a mile off. Evra's had it the very Minute he steps on that pitch. You'll see...................

Re Evra? I think he'll play to Sweeney for sure; But If/when he does? There is No way after the last few months he's Not getting carried off that pitch Before the end of the game - One of our midfielders Will Get him & then some - We'll see if he cries as much then when he's Really got something to complain about no? And yes, You can Mark My Words on that if you so wish - That is so certain to happen? Even now I will mark it a mile off. Evra's had it the very Minute he steps on that pitch. You'll see...................

You may have answered it before, but why do you bold some words in every post you make?

Tis' Habit Navbasi & My 'signature' way of writing as it were - Tried to stop it for a while a few weeks back & to please others but? Just Wasn't the same so went back to it - Might stop it again in future on occasion for Very serious subjects on here If you're exceptionally Lukcy But? Don't hold your breath - BTW? I was encouraged Not to drop it/lose my signature style either so now you know.........

Cheer the fucker? Sounds like a good idea. Aren't scousers supposed to be known for their sense of humour and fair play?

I understand the hatred, I've lived with it for as many years as I care to remember, but it's getting a little frightening now and I can't go along any more with the abuse or wishing he gets a broken leg.

As someone says above.. if we abuse him we'll get fucked, if he doesn't play we'll get fucked so cheer the fucker and see what "they" make of that.