You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A lot of people do give a shit, but wont give in and act gulity. What would you suggest we do? A lot of us do give a shit, but we did nothing, so are we going to eat shit over this, even if you want to? Are we fuck.

So, your suggestions as to how we can acknowledge what has gone on without having to bend over and take it up the arse? I'm certainly not going to consider another "we're sorry" headline from the (Manc) Echo

An interesting response to Horus. What do you suggest?

What would a worldwide audience of hundreds of millions,of all colours and faiths, many of them black, exactly the audience that FSG wants to "monetise," make of 40,000+ scousers booing a black Evra? Or chanting the name of someone found guilty of abuse making reference to anothers colour on an FA charge?

Ayre is trying to flog Anfield naming rights to make us competitive again with the best, instead he is finding that our enemies have already rebranded it as "Klanfield".

The detail is now in the past, this is where we are now.

It just depends whether we give a fuck actually.Maybe, "who cares"? Have a few beers, let the cheating Manc bastards know how we feel and go home.

Or maybe there is more at stake?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's a really short sighted view. You need to look at the bigger picture here.

Suarez has been found guilty of an offence, and, as far as world football is concerned, he's been found guilty for a good reason. I'm not interested in having that debate all over again, but Liverpool against united is a fixture broadcast across the whole world, with fans for both teams in the far flung corners of any map you produce.

What will be reported, is that Liverpool fans attack Evra, because he came forward and spoke up against racism. Sometimes you just have to take your medicine and get on with it. Looking at this logically, would you want any part of our stadium naming rights (that we're trying to flog at the moment) if you were an interested party watching the game?

If you were a talented black player from abroad, and you heard Liverpool fans booing a black man, would you be interested in joining?

A verdict has been cast, and we have decided not to appeal. We are in danger of doing some irreparable damage to our reputation as a club.

We could well be turning ourselves into manus non grata, just so 40,000 people get to scream and shout out public enemy number one.

You may not give a shit, but you fucking well should. As should every single one of us.

I know you speak sense a bit there, but it's a waste of time.

If you think for one minute that our fans will be thinking about armchair spectators around the globe thinking ill about our club then you have no idea about our fans.

Speaking for myself, a quite reasonable person as those who know me would say, when I'm walking up to the ground when we're playing the mancs, you can feel the tension. Just the sight of their scarves makes me uptight. I've shouted all kinds of horrible things at their players, and probably always will.

I've been to OT and had hatred and bile reigned down on us.

The last time we played them in the cup, at the final whistle their fans poured out the Anfield Road looking for confrontation. I don't mean one or two of the hardcore, I mean hundreds as anyone who saw them will testify.

Liverpool fans just like man utd fans won't be thinking about potential investors in the Middle East, potential signings in Western Europe or potential merchandise purchasers in Australasia.

We hate them, they hate us, and the hatred has been cranked up since October.

In the cold light of day it is a shame, but 'twas ever thus.

I know you speak sense a bit there, but it's a waste of time.

If you think for one minute that our fans will be thinking about armchair spectators around the globe thinking ill about our club then you have no idea about our fans.

Speaking for myself, a quite reasonable person as those who know me would say, when I'm walking up to the ground when we're playing the mancs, you can feel the tension. Just the sight of their scarves makes me uptight. I've shouted all kinds of horrible things at their players, and probably always will.

I've been to OT and had hatred and bile reigned down on us.

The last time we played them in the cup, at the final whistle their fans poured out the Anfield Road looking for confrontation. I don't mean one or two of the hardcore, I mean hundreds as anyone who saw them will testify.

Liverpool fans just like man utd fans won't be thinking about potential investors in the Middle East, potential signings in Western Europe or potential merchandise purchasers in Australasia.

We hate them, they hate us, and the hatred has been cranked up since October.

In the cold light of day it is a shame, but 'twas ever thus.

It's got to the stage now where it really dosn't matter what we say or do, the media witch hunt will stay in place. Even if we went over the top in trying to make nice, which we should not do as we have done fuck all, it will just be seen as symbolic or a token effort. That being said...fuck em, tell Evra, United and the media and all the fucking morons all over the country to get right te fuck.

I know you speak sense a bit there, but it's a waste of time etc..........

I think that you are right ( in your response to Horus).And there may be a depressing inevitability about how this fixture unfolds.

It is a powderkeg with the potential for sendings off,further FA disciplinary charges, and racial allegations on and off the field.

If the febrile atmosphere that exists now prompted an alleged racial tirade from one of our support against Oldham (FFS!), what will the real thing produce?

This is the kind of thing the FA never thinks about when it just openly condemns a player like Suarez and hangs him out to dry with a punishment thats way OTT and hasnt even got any evidence to take it to a criminal court.Also because of the way Whisky Nose and Evra acted in haste and without any means of reconciliation it now means there is extra spice to an already inflammatory fixture.

If I was at the game I would,like the rest probably will,be booing Evra because he's a nasty lying cunt and it has nothing to do with the colour of his skin but the outside world or at least the gutter press wont be interested in that and brand us racists again.

I've also got no doubt Ferguson will play him just to make our fans look bad.

Fucking bring it on

This.

I've not been so up for a match against that shower of shit since the final in 1996. We are going to take those cunts down. To fucking China Town. I want to see flags all over Anfield and for us to sing our hearts out like never before.

Well that's a really short sighted view. You need to look at the bigger picture here.

Suarez has been found guilty of an offence, and, as far as world football is concerned, he's been found guilty for a good reason. I'm not interested in having that debate all over again, but Liverpool against united is a fixture broadcast across the whole world, with fans for both teams in the far flung corners of any map you produce.

What will be reported, is that Liverpool fans attack Evra, because he came forward and spoke up against racism. Sometimes you just have to take your medicine and get on with it. Looking at this logically, would you want any part of our stadium naming rights (that we're trying to flog at the moment) if you were an interested party watching the game?

If you were a talented black player from abroad, and you heard Liverpool fans booing a black man, would you be interested in joining?

A verdict has been cast, and we have decided not to appeal. We are in danger of doing some irreparable damage to our reputation as a club.

We could well be turning ourselves into manus non grata, just so 40,000 people get to scream and shout out public enemy number one.

You may not give a shit, but you fucking well should. As should every single one of us.

Exactly. Anybody giving him any kind of abuse on the day is playing right into the media's hands and destroying the reputation of our club.

Ignor him and force them to write about something else.

If Evra does play in the 4th Round tie at Anfield, and he isn't booed, then there's always the opportunity to do so when we play them at Old Trafford. One way or another, it's going to happen.

He will definitely get booed. I cannot see people not booing him, he is already being chanted about at Anfield, it will only be worse on the day. Just hopefully no one goes too far and starts pelting him with coins or making a racist comment.

Do you seriously think the kop,as one, are going to hurl racial abuse at any of their black players? You can't do anything if an individual wants to hurl rascist abuse.as has been comented,they,ll start it anyway with their version of our suarez song.you know the one “rascist bastard,der,der,der” etc.what about 40 odd thousand white suarez t shirts being worn ? Light the blue touch paper and stand well back...

Do you seriously think the kop,as one, are going to hurl racial abuse at any of their black players? You can't do anything if an individual wants to hurl rascist abuse.as has been comented,they,ll start it anyway with their version of our suarez song.you know the one “rascist bastard,der,der,der” etc.what about 40 odd thousand white suarez t shirts being worn ? Light the blue touch paper and stand well back...

This fixture isn't going to go well, is it?

Been feeling weird about this all day.

Anyone else reckon this has been planned to get us into more shit?

Who knows what these FA cunts will do to us if it goes off. They're probably already planning that if anything is said they will drop us down a division or some shit. Either that or points docked and more bans.

Fuck the scum, they are a curse.

All very commendable Horus, but you know as well as I do that if he plays he's going to get absolutely slated and rightly so.

Neville got booed here because he was a snidey little cunt, Evra will get booed for the same reasons, nothing to do with the colour of his skin. The press will twist it how they want anyway, but in no way should a player who in my opinion tried deliberately to ruin the reputation of one of our players and at the same time smear our club be given a free pass when he plays against us. We as a club shouldn't feel guilty, we should be angry.

As razor said earlier, no-one will be thinking about overseas investors, foreign players when the game is played, it will be hatred, us against the mancs and us against the cunt that has tried to screw us over.

I also don't know how our reputation could get any worse to be honest, take a look at other forums, we're hated almost universally by morons who have taken the press line on everything and they will again. We were getting slated for singing the Suarez song after the Adeyemi incident, so we can't win. Boo Evra - condoning racism, sing the Suarez song - condoning racism.

Fuck them all.

Ayre is trying to flog Anfield naming rights to make us competitive again with the best.

He is wasting his time. We will always know our stadium as Anfield.

I think I know one thing. This game will not be played on Saturday at 3pm.

Well done to the posters urging calm and restraint ahead of the tie. But it will fall on deaf ears.

All very commendable Horus, but you know as well as I do that if he plays he's going to get absolutely slated and rightly so.

Neville got booed here because he was a snidey little cunt, Evra will get booed for the same reasons, nothing to do with the colour of his skin. The press will twist it how they want anyway, but in no way should a player who in my opinion tried deliberately to ruin the reputation of one of our players and at the same time smear our club be given a free pass when he plays against us. We as a club shouldn't feel guilty, we should be angry.

As razor said earlier, no-one will be thinking about overseas investors, foreign players when the game is played, it will be hatred, us against the mancs and us against the cunt that has tried to screw us over.

I also don't know how our reputation could get any worse to be honest, take a look at other forums, we're hated almost universally by morons who have taken the press line on everything and they will again. We were getting slated for singing the Suarez song after the Adeyemi incident, so we can't win. Boo Evra - condoning racism, sing the Suarez song - condoning racism.

Fuck them all.

I think that is a view that will be shared by many Barzini.

I disagree with you that our reputation cannot be sullied further. This is one of the biggest club games in the world, and will be reported as such. Whatever happens will have a currency of at least a year, the Luis Figo “Pigs head incident” is still remembered 12 years on.

It’s difficult to know what the solution is here. If Evra is pulled from the game there will still be the racist v Suarez crowd chants to contend with. If away fans are banned it won’t stop our fans chanting. I can foresee the “Tottenham solution (which worked)” of police and steward head cams to intimidate the crowd.

I don't share your "Fuck them all" approach. This is fundamentally about whether we see ourselves as a big club, or a small club.If we do have ambitions to reassert ourselves on the European and world stages, then the impact we make on those stages DOES matter. If we don't, then it doesn't matter.

We do need to be wary of "Celtic syndrome" whereby the behaviour of the fans has deteriorated off the pitch as the fortunes on the pitch have similarly waned.

But I think your predictions of what is likely to unfold are plausible - as the consequences are predictable.

A few years ago villa fans displayed this sign against either o'leary or deadly doug, because whither one had tried to rubbish their protests by calling the fans fickle.

What about 10 of our own, Hung wherever they can fit, to make a point. "we're not racist, we just hate liars"

Then nobody can misconstrue our actipns unintentionally, whether it be singing suarez songs or booting that little prick.

Ignore Evra and sing Suarez the song instead. He's not worth the attention the lying bastard.

With respect, not a fucking chance.

At Anfield and at their place they will be booing and chanting about Suarez, an innocent man. That being the case we can boo and chant about Evra, a fucking guilty man. None of this 'nicey-nicey' approach. Being nice and reasonable didn't stop the FA shafting Suarez or the club and hasn't made many in the press stop and wonder if Suarez has been shafted.

As has already been said, the press write what the fuck they like about our club at the moment with no test of reasonableness applied. So, what the hell. We support our man as loud as possible and condemn his false accuser as loud as possible.