You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to give my two pennies worth.

First point i want to make is to ask all to hold back a little. We're literally a few hours after, there are runmours, counter rumours and such like only at this stage. Unless you were directly involved and heard what was said, just refrain from saying this is that or that is this, for definite.

I can already see people manning ther barricades and it is to a degree understandable, but please, take a step back and wait for firm movement. Fell aggrieved if you must, but taking a firm stance at this point is futile unless you can be wholly certain that you are correct.

Anyway, things from my POV, which is row 39, almost directly above where the anger of the player seemed to be directed. Firstly i heard nothing, so wont second guess. There seemed to be a crowd of 8 or so lads that were stood up to give the lad shit after his reaction (i didnt see what prompted ihs reaction) but these lads were amongst many others and there certainly didnt seem to be any aggro in there.

If anything racist was shouted, then the person(s) involved should be banned from Anfield for life and i hope there is enough evidence for a criminal conviction. However, if there was anything racist, i would certainly have expected a reaction within our fans.

At any point in time, if i heard someone shout racist abuse directed at a player i would ecpect people around the offender to not take it and give the offender some shit at the very least, and i would expect stewards or police to have to step in or to be notified. That would be my expectations at any point in time, but this week, our first home game since the decision not to appeal, our whole club in the spotlight and reputations already damaged, hell if i heard someone shout something racist this week i'd expect them to take a fucking shoeing for damaging us further.

I dont think i saw enough reaction around the area for my first instincts to think this was the case.

Beyond that, i didnt like the crowd reaction afterwards. The Suarez singing i was fine with and i joined in with. My voice grew louder as we went on as i beleived the lad was taking offence to our singing of support, and i wont be told what i can and cant beleive and which causes i can and cant support. I can only guess now that i was wrong in my belief that he was offended by the song, but i stand by my decision to sing it loud and proud.

What i didnt like was the booing of the lad, the chanting of "one lying bastard" and "manchester is full of shit".

We should support Suarez, but we only do ourselves harm bringing them twats (and that twat in particular) into our support for suarez in my opinion, and booing a younf kid who is clearly angered and upset to the point of tears was embarrasing and cringeworthy.It was cowardly, bullying mob mentality in my opinion and we should be better than that.

Anyway, thats my thoughts in whatever rambling semi coherant manner they are provided.

Can I also ask whoever planned to close the M62 between Liverpool and Warrington when we're playing a team from Greater Manchester to drop me a line so i can arrange to drive to their house and stamp on their nuts. thank you.

You're spot on.

Don't want to be jumping the gun and I already have to an extent or at least I've been vehemently trying to provide a counter argument to "Oh he was upset so he must have been racially abused"

But you're point is right, we should all hold back.

But one point though, I do believe nothing will come of this. But that booing will be used as a stick to beat us with. Holt et al. will move on from the Racism angle to the "Callous Kop boos poor lad who thought he'd been abused" and I don't think that would be fair for the press to have another stick to beat us with.

Just reviewing the incident and it seems pretty clear to me that, working in collusion with an Iberian man I won't name for legal reasons, Dave Usher sent those alleged supporters there to cause an international scandal which would greatly increase his web traffic and make up for the departure of his prized asset(Simon) last month.

That's pretty even handed, Bob, and I think you're probably right about manning the barricades as I'm a prime example of that! The trouble is, I'm reluctant to play by the rules, because no other fucker is. Especially the media.

Well ones things for sure, the Mirror need to print a retraction at some point.

Going to be expensive for them if they don't. Because we all know what happened to the last "news"paper that decided to smear Liverpool fans based on rumour and invention.

I guess some kind of congratulations are due to Oliver Holt for plumbing journalistic depths hitherto unseen since April 19th 1989.

Let Liverpool Police deal with it. Say NOTHING until the police have reached a conclusion. It's one thing for tabloid journalists to sensationalize a story involving Liverpool FC, especially now, but quite another to take cheap shots at the Liverpool police.

If there is a case, prosecution with the full support of the club and all our supporters, and a life ban

Going to be expensive for them if they don't. Because we all know what happened to the last "news"paper that decided to smear Liverpool fans based on rumour and invention.

I guess some kind of congratulations are due to Oliver Holt for plumbing journalistic depths hitherto unseen since April 19th 1989.

Holt's Twitter account is the best possible representation of British Sports Journalism going.

Knows there is or maybe more to the story, won't acknowledge it, reports what he wants to suit his agenda, often deliberately embellishing with lies all the while trying to antagonize.

Musn't forget when its one of his pals though, in those circumstances they get a pass, they could shoot someone in the head then shit on that persons dead body and Holt would find a way to excuse it.

Absolute fucking scum he is.

just to give my two pennies worth.

First point i want to make is to ask all to hold back a little. We're literally a few hours after, there are runmours, counter rumours and such like only at this stage. Unless you were directly involved and heard what was said, just refrain from saying this is that or that is this, for definite.

I can already see people manning ther barricades and it is to a degree understandable, but please, take a step back and wait for firm movement. Fell aggrieved if you must, but taking a firm stance at this point is futile unless you can be wholly certain that you are correct.

Anyway, things from my POV, which is row 39, almost directly above where the anger of the player seemed to be directed. Firstly i heard nothing, so wont second guess. There seemed to be a crowd of 8 or so lads that were stood up to give the lad shit after his reaction (i didnt see what prompted ihs reaction) but these lads were amongst many others and there certainly didnt seem to be any aggro in there.

If anything racist was shouted, then the person(s) involved should be banned from Anfield for life and i hope there is enough evidence for a criminal conviction. However, if there was anything racist, i would certainly have expected a reaction within our fans.

At any point in time, if i heard someone shout racist abuse directed at a player i would ecpect people around the offender to not take it and give the offender some shit at the very least, and i would expect stewards or police to have to step in or to be notified. That would be my expectations at any point in time, but this week, our first home game since the decision not to appeal, our whole club in the spotlight and reputations already damaged, hell if i heard someone shout something racist this week i'd expect them to take a fucking shoeing for damaging us further.

I dont think i saw enough reaction around the area for my first instincts to think this was the case.

Beyond that, i didnt like the crowd reaction afterwards. The Suarez singing i was fine with and i joined in with. My voice grew louder as we went on as i beleived the lad was taking offence to our singing of support, and i wont be told what i can and cant beleive and which causes i can and cant support. I can only guess now that i was wrong in my belief that he was offended by the song, but i stand by my decision to sing it loud and proud.

What i didnt like was the booing of the lad, the chanting of "one lying bastard" and "manchester is full of shit".

We should support Suarez, but we only do ourselves harm bringing them twats (and that twat in particular) into our support for suarez in my opinion, and booing a younf kid who is clearly angered and upset to the point of tears was embarrasing and cringeworthy.It was cowardly, bullying mob mentality in my opinion and we should be better than that.

Anyway, thats my thoughts in whatever rambling semi coherant manner they are provided.

Can I also ask whoever planned to close the M62 between Liverpool and Warrington when we're playing a team from Greater Manchester to drop me a line so i can arrange to drive to their house and stamp on their nuts. thank you.

Give them one from me, Fucking 01:45 I got home.

I really felt it for Tom Adeyemi tonight. To see him so visibly upset wasn't nice.

I wasn't there and I'm basing this on the fact that the police haven't charged anybody, as I'm sure they would have if there was any form of racist abuse.

It's possible he has misheard the shout of "you manc bastard", and because of the current climate, he has interpreted it as "you black bastard". Knee jerk but understandable.

This is what happens when you do what the FA has done. Take one man's word over another and portray a professional and a professional institution as racist. Add a shit load of lazy, ego driven journalists and you have the perfect recipe for this to happen.

Let's not forget that we played some great football tonight and won 5-1. Lovely goal from Andy Carroll and finally Downing got off the mark too! Lets hope they can both get a confidence boost from that. I was also impressed with Shelvey, a player who I think has a great future. The fact that he was in the same spot as Gerrard for his goal speaks volumes.

We can win the FA cup this year. I think that would piss off a whole load of people. Sounds good to me.

What a sad state of affairs when all it takes is a black man to take the hump and then racist accusations are flying about left right and centre. If somebody called that poor child a black something or other then they should be dealt with in the strictest terms. If nobody said anything of the sort to him then he needs to sort his fucking life out the gurny bastard.

You're walking a fine line and should take a step back. That or go to bed. We know fuck all for now, and even when we do know, if this is some case of mistake/mishearing - which everyone bar the media must surely hope - I doubt it has anything to do with taking the hump or being gurny(?).

Just let it play out. This is now a police matter. No more FA conspiracies, secret handshakes and boys clubs. Guilt now has to be proven, so wait until it is or isn't before passing judgement on a kid whose reaction was clearly no fake, however much it may or may not have been warranted.

Just let it play out. This is now a police matter. No more FA conspiracies, secret handshakes and boys clubs. Guilt now has to be proven, so wait until it is or isn't before passing judgement on a kid whose reaction was clearly no fake, however much it may or may not have been warranted.

I think that's undoubtedly correct. It's obvious Adeyemi was genuinely upset, and if he was racially abused then there should be serious consequences for the dickless idiots who thought that was acceptable. Hopefully it wasn't a bigoted attack though, obviously, on many levels.

Either way, it should end there. Except that recent events have shown that no one in any position of influence is really concerned with upholding any genuine fight against discrimination, and are instead happy to reduce everything to a tabloid level discussion, and spread their cynically motivated misdirection, where anyone who doesn't agree blindly automatically condones Greasy South American Racism. And because of the FA's recent obtuse stupidity, and the carcinogenic fools that somehow call themselves journalists, I don't see anyway that this isn't going to be dragged out, beaten, dissected, and then shit on over and over again as well. Except instead of a dirty foreigner perpetrating the crime, it will be home grown undesirables.

It seems like such a fucking unnecessary thing to have happen, and that something like this is flaring up, misheard or not, is a reflection on how badly the FA and media have handled the Suarez situation.

I think that's undoubtedly correct. It's obvious Adeyemi was genuinely upset, and if he was racially abused then there should be serious consequences for the dickless idiots who thought that was acceptable. Hopefully it wasn't a bigoted attack though, obviously, on many levels.

Either way, it should end there. Except that recent events have shown that no one in any position of influence is really concerned with upholding any genuine fight against discrimination, and are instead happy to reduce everything to a tabloid level discussion, and spread their cynically motivated misdirection, where anyone who doesn't agree blindly automatically condones Greasy South American Racism. And because of the FA's recent obtuse stupidity, and the carcinogenic fools that somehow call themselves journalists, I don't see anyway that this isn't going to be dragged out, beaten, dissected, and then shit on over and over again as well. Except instead of a dirty foreigner perpetrating the crime, it will be home grown undesirables.

It seems like such a fucking unnecessary thing to have happen, and that something like this is flaring up, misheard or not, is a reflection on how badly the FA and media have handled the Suarez situation.

Racist abuse is totally wrong and unacceptable but I would have thought that most black players get a bit of abuse every now and again from fuck wits in the crowd etc. Lots of players get abuse for all sorts of reasons. I was suprised by Adeyemis reaction to whatever was said - it was like he'd never been called a name or slagged off before. Professional footballers of all colours and races need to have thick skin - Adeyemi needs to toughen up and stop acting like a fuckin upset 7yr old.

Racist abuse is totally wrong and unacceptable but I would have thought that most black players get a bit of abuse every now and again from fuck wits in the crowd etc. Lots of players get abuse for all sorts of reasons. I was suprised by Adeyemis reaction to whatever was said - it was like he'd never been called a name or slagged off before. Professional footballers of all colours and races need to have thick skin - Adeyemi needs to toughen up and stop acting like a fuckin upset 7yr old.

That's a bit harsh but it's still a product of the climate the FA have created with their chicanery. It seems like I can't go anywhere now without walking into a row over this issue. Everyone wants to make a big deal about Liverpool supporting racism.

Adeyemi is another example, a couple of weeks ago he would never have reacted like that. Now, he instinctively presumes that we are capable of racist acts and that he is being targeted because he is black. It's like a reverse stereotype is emerging here, Liverpool are becoming synonymous with racism.

Hopefully this will all blow over soon but I'm getting pig sick at having to defend myself and my club from every other supporter who gets their "facts" from the press and Sky and want to paint us as a racist organisation. Fucking FA twats

That's a bit harsh but it's still a product of the climate the FA have created with their chicanery. It seems like I can't go anywhere now without walking into a row over this issue. Everyone wants to make a big deal about Liverpool supporting racism.

Adeyemi is another example, a couple of weeks ago he would never have reacted like that. Now, he instinctively presumes that we are capable of racist acts and that he is being targeted because he is black. It's like a reverse stereotype is emerging here, Liverpool are becoming synonymous with racism.

Hopefully this will all blow over soon but I'm getting pig sick at having to defend myself and my club from every other supporter who gets their "facts" from the press and Sky and want to paint us as a racist organisation. Fucking FA twats

I agree...Boo hoo Tom.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Thats us fucked then. I'm convinced the FA do not want us in the top 4 ever again and in the words of KRS-ONE they will do it by any means necessary.

If something was said... the 'sayer' should be named and shamed, really. It's not the club's fault if someone buys a ticket and says something racially motivated.

Is spot on, we can't vet every 'fan' that turns up to the ground. However, I do agree that 'if' something racial was said, then 99% of our fans would actually speak out against the cunt. Seeing as this has not happened, I very much doubt it really happened. If this is all proven to be lies by the Mirror again, the club MUST sue to the extent that the shitrag is closed down.

Maybe the club should close the doors for a few weeks to non season ticket holders to reduce the number of day trippers and wankers. Or at least until this mess is sorted out.