You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand.

Merseyside police have confirmed there were no arrests due to racial disturbance and you can quite clearly see numerous police officers standing near the reported "offender", closer than Adeyemi is to them.

Furthermore, nobody in the crowd, including the blacks and asians you can pick out, was at all fussed about whatever went on.

However if the lad feels he has been racially abused (which could quite easily be him mishearing something, considering he was a fair bit away from the crowd), none of the above will matter. We will be labelled as racists, again.

Its a sad fucking time. I can't believe so much wrong can be allowed. Always felt we sometimes took things to heart WRT the media and decisions going against us, but these last few months have been surreal.

The police also said they were still investigating a complaint made in the 2nd half.

Guest San Don
The police also said they were still investigating a complaint made in the 2nd half.

I thought the police said 'incident'?

No doubt the lad has now made a statement. Its highly likely he'll claim he heard abuse and will say it was racist in nature.

I find it surprising a player can suddenly 'hear' such things in a game when they claim they cannot. I also find it strange nearby coppers and other fans appear to have heard nothing except this one fan.

Something doesnt ring right here.

Yes, but surely if Adeyemi heard somebody shouting "you fucking black bastard", along with this witness - an arrest would be pretty instantaneous, if there was any serious suspicion.

If it has been said then by all means I hope the perpetrator is dealt with accordingly as it is absolutely disgusting. But how much "investigating" would the police need to do if the Guardian article is accurate? Surely at least a handful of the hundreds of Liverpool supporters and/or a couple of the numerous police officers and stewards would have heard as much?

If there is a witness, as attested by the guardian, why hasn't there been an arrest? And why is there only one witness?

Maybe its because there is no actual witness.

Guest San Don
Last thing the club needs.

Stand by for even further vilification. These next few months are going to be brutal.

Yep. Its open season on us by any non caucasian (am I allowed to say that!?).

The Guardian also say he was abused twice, but only quote one occasion. They are wrong about the number of males as well.

Negged for not realising newspapers are never wrong. Everything they write is fact, even if they contradict themselves.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I didn't really neg you.

I was sat in the Kop behind where the incident occurred (albeit a further 20 rows back). I didn't hear what the supporter shouted but the ball was out of play at the time, with the players making their way back up the field. Their right back was about 20 or 30 yards away from the byline when he must have heard something as he turned around all of a sudden and began heading torwards somebody in the crowd whilst shouting something in a wound up manner. I didn't know what had happened but a race row was the obvious guess due to him being of a different / minority colour but for all we knew it could have been anything. He was eventually calmed down by a couple of his team mates and the referree although did manage to have another go at the supporter during this time.

The game got back underway a few minutes later with the Kop booing his every touch until the final whistle. He was later booked for a foul on one of our players and the ref had another long word with him.

I was very surprised not to see any police or stewards come over to defuse the situation or at least attempt to find out what had been going on. Didn't notice any come over afterwards either.

As for the "ban him, kill him, jail him, flog him / make him go and support Everton" brigade. I thought we were supposed to live in a democratic country were people have the right to a fair trial which includes such things as evidence being heard and defences being made by the accused before verdicts and punishments are dished out? I was reading a thread earlier this evening regarding the FA's record of only finding two people innocent in over 400 disciplinaries and everybody said how awful it was that the FA are seemingly proud of having this 'guilty before innocent' approach. Well some of you are guilty of the same thing too. God forbid if one of our own players ever gets accused of a crime such as racially abusing somebody in uncertain circumstances.......

Negged for not realising newspapers are never wrong. Everything they write is fact, even if they contradict themselves.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I didn't really neg you.

The tabloid press went downhill once incisive and brilliant investigative journalism of The Sunday Sport became a thing of the past.

Yea I was wrong, not complaint but incident

@MerseyPolice - However, the Force and Liverpool Football Club are investigating following an incident that occurred during the 2nd half of the game.

Just a general point. Of course they'd be right to investigate it fully with the authorities, it's a serious allegation.

They'd be nuts not to do so as the clubs name has been dragged through the mud enough in recent months.

Guest San Don
This could very well be a huge mix up and the player misheard, either way its going to be difficult to charge anyone let alone prosecute.

Of course that doesn't matter now, we've been branded again.

Exactly. Throw shit around and some will stick.

You've also got wankers like darren byfield going into overdrive saying 'black player abused by fans but what do you expect when dalglish defends suarez'!

Exactly. Throw shit around and some will stick.

You've also got wankers like darren byfield going into overdrive saying 'black player abused by fans but what do you expect when dalglish defends suarez'!

I tweeted Byfield (and Jason Roberts) to ask what he thought of Holt's "black c**t" atrocity. He hasn't replied.

There is something very strange going on out there.

just to give my two pennies worth.

First point i want to make is to ask all to hold back a little. We're literally a few hours after, there are runmours, counter rumours and such like only at this stage. Unless you were directly involved and heard what was said, just refrain from saying this is that or that is this, for definite.

I can already see people manning ther barricades and it is to a degree understandable, but please, take a step back and wait for firm movement. Fell aggrieved if you must, but taking a firm stance at this point is futile unless you can be wholly certain that you are correct.

Anyway, things from my POV, which is row 39, almost directly above where the anger of the player seemed to be directed. Firstly i heard nothing, so wont second guess. There seemed to be a crowd of 8 or so lads that were stood up to give the lad shit after his reaction (i didnt see what prompted ihs reaction) but these lads were amongst many others and there certainly didnt seem to be any aggro in there.

If anything racist was shouted, then the person(s) involved should be banned from Anfield for life and i hope there is enough evidence for a criminal conviction. However, if there was anything racist, i would certainly have expected a reaction within our fans.

At any point in time, if i heard someone shout racist abuse directed at a player i would ecpect people around the offender to not take it and give the offender some shit at the very least, and i would expect stewards or police to have to step in or to be notified. That would be my expectations at any point in time, but this week, our first home game since the decision not to appeal, our whole club in the spotlight and reputations already damaged, hell if i heard someone shout something racist this week i'd expect them to take a fucking shoeing for damaging us further.

I dont think i saw enough reaction around the area for my first instincts to think this was the case.

Beyond that, i didnt like the crowd reaction afterwards. The Suarez singing i was fine with and i joined in with. My voice grew louder as we went on as i beleived the lad was taking offence to our singing of support, and i wont be told what i can and cant beleive and which causes i can and cant support. I can only guess now that i was wrong in my belief that he was offended by the song, but i stand by my decision to sing it loud and proud.

What i didnt like was the booing of the lad, the chanting of "one lying bastard" and "manchester is full of shit".

We should support Suarez, but we only do ourselves harm bringing them twats (and that twat in particular) into our support for suarez in my opinion, and booing a younf kid who is clearly angered and upset to the point of tears was embarrasing and cringeworthy.It was cowardly, bullying mob mentality in my opinion and we should be better than that.

Anyway, thats my thoughts in whatever rambling semi coherant manner they are provided.

Can I also ask whoever planned to close the M62 between Liverpool and Warrington when we're playing a team from Greater Manchester to drop me a line so i can arrange to drive to their house and stamp on their nuts. thank you.