You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Look it seems pretty clear to me' date=' the lad thought they were shouting you black bastard when clearly they were shouting you manc bastard. Why the fuck would the liverpool crowd be shouting you black bastard? This is another load of bullshit that has somehow found its way into us explaining it. for fucks sake we are going to have to explain why sometimes we wear a black away kit.[/quote']

I said in an early post before tonight's game that it wouldnt surprise me to see one or two players claim they had been abused by someone at Anfield this season.

I dont think this will be last player to be involved like this. I mean he only has to say he 'believed' he heard an inappropriate comment and it'll all blow up again.

Darren Byfield can fuck off too......

“@darrenbyfield: So a liverpool fan racially abused an oldham player,I'm not surprised cuz when u have kenny dalglish backing suarez wot the hell do u expect”

“@darrenbyfield: Oh and any1 that wants 2 come at me 4 that tweet,please bring it cuz I'm really in the mood n I'm here all night,n I won't be holding back”

It really does frustrate me that pricks like Holt and Byfield don think about possible repercussions. Either that or they don't care.

“@darrenbyfield: So a liverpool fan racially abused an oldham player,I'm not surprised cuz when u have kenny dalglish backing suarez wot the hell do u expect”

“@darrenbyfield: Oh and any1 that wants 2 come at me 4 that tweet,please bring it cuz I'm really in the mood n I'm here all night,n I won't be holding back”

It really does frustrate me that pricks like Holt and Byfield don think about possible repercussions. Either that or they don't care.

PM the tweet to Durango.

Guest San Don

Oldham captain just been on 5 Live. Absolute disgrace. Suggesting there was racially abuse and it was 'disgusting', didnt hear it himself though and wouldnt confirm it was racial. Strange that MP say there has been none but then again, the lad only has to say he 'believed' he heard it.

It's very easy to mis-hear "Manc" and "black."

From Antynwa that sounds like what has happened. I sincerely hope so because not only is it terrible for the lad who it might have happened to, it'd be bad for us yet again. And if no racial connotations are found to have been involved then the Daily Mirror should be both sued and banned from Anfield.

Guest San Don

This byfield isnt here all night! He aint fucking answering me!

Oldham captain just been on 5 Live. Absolute disgrace. Suggesting there was racially abuse and it was 'disgusting', didnt hear it himself though and wouldnt confirm it was racial. Strange that MP say there has been none but then again, the lad only has to say he 'believed' he heard it.

Fuck sake. You would have thought the manager would have told them to keep quiet until the facts came out. He was probably just buzzing to be on the radio.

Guest San Don
Me neither. Somebody needs to teach the ignorant bastard how to spell though. No wonder Jamelia fucked him off

LOL! Think I may tweet something about that to him. may get his attention!?

Guardian

The incident occurred 10 minutes from the end of Liverpool's 5-1 win over the League One side. The 20-year-old Adeyemi, who is on loan from Norwich City, became involved in an altercation with a supporter, or supporters, at the front of the Kop. Before leaving the stadium Adeyemi gave a statement to Merseyside Police in which it is understood he claimed to have been racially abused twice by a supporter.

Adeyemi was visibly upset by the exchange and it required several team-mates, the Liverpool captain, Steven Gerrard, and the referee, Neil Swarbrick, to calm him down. He was booked seconds later for a wild foul on the Liverpool substitute John Flanagan.

Witnesses reported seeing two fans wearing Luis Suárez T-shirts – similar to those worn by Liverpool players at Wigan last month, after the Uruguayan was found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra – confronting Adeyemi. A witness who gave evidence to Liverpool officials and the police said: "I was to the right of the Kop and the No11 turned to walk away after a tackle. I heard a single voice shout, 'You fucking black bastard.' He spun round with shock on his face and started pointing at the crowd, from where the shout had come."

Continued

Guest San Don
I look forward to hearing the evidence of the nearby police officers, who will no doubt have heard the very same thing. So much so that they stood and did nothing.

Does seem odd doesnt it that nearby coppers heard nothing!

Wasn't there. So I don't know what's what. But if this guy believes that he was racially abused let him take it to a criminal court (this is, after all, a criminal offence) and make him fucking prove it. Let he who asserts prove.

Fucking sick of this Ferguson inspired shit.

He's fucking desperate now:

@NickParrottBBCNick Parrott

@bogman63 retweeted Mirror so people would know it's incorrect

OllieHoltMirrorOliver Holt

@NickParrottBBC are you also accusing Adeyemi of lying?

Same question asked five times (clearly obsessed about LFC).

I look forward to hearing the evidence of the nearby police officers, who will no doubt have heard the very same thing. So much so that they stood and did nothing.

Bingo.

I mean its possible someone may have roared Black Bastard and it not been heard. That much is certainly possible.

But whats also very possible, in the atmosphere of shit stirring with the all Liverpool fans are racists bollox thats been dragged up lately...

someone has misheard "Manc Bastard" and gone ballistic because he thinks it was "Black Bastard".

I see the Guardian are running with a Witness heard it angle, ok dokey, lets hear how many of the other thousands of witnesses including police, stewards, reporters, tv/camera people and lest not forget Microphones heard it.

The Kop was full of dick heads tonight. "Who are ya" got a loud airing after our penno, jester hats all over the place. Embarrassing.

That had me cringing at that point. Generally the atmosphere was quite good but for apart from the sprinkling of dicks. I didn't see what happened to the lad but I did see the 3 dickheads with the t-shirts and jester hats on jumping around to the Suarez song. First thing that went through my mind after labelling them bellends was maybe Mancs in disguise.........I then dismissed it as paranoia. Whoever or whatever they were, they definatly weren't genuine Liverpool fans.

I dont understand.

Merseyside police have confirmed there were no arrests due to racial disturbance and you can quite clearly see numerous police officers standing near the reported "offender", closer than Adeyemi is to them.

Furthermore, nobody in the crowd, including the blacks and asians you can pick out, was at all fussed about whatever went on.

However if the lad feels he has been racially abused (which could quite easily be him mishearing something, considering he was a fair bit away from the crowd), none of the above will matter. We will be labelled as racists, again.

Its a sad fucking time. I can't believe so much wrong can be allowed. Always felt we sometimes took things to heart WRT the media and decisions going against us, but these last few months have been surreal.