You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in this case something allegedly happened to apologise for.

Something happened but until its proved to be racist then we have to give the defendant the benefit of the doubt. Unlike the FA did.

So if there is no racial component to this abuse,is it now going to be an ejection offence for calling somebody 'a manc bastard?'

If he'd admitted using racist language they'd have charged him on the basis of his admission, so I think it's highly unlikely he has done. He may have told the police he shouted something that wasn't racist.

However, that statement merely acknowledges that Adeyemi was upset, and in no way seeks to prejudice the police investigation, unlike Taylor's statement. I think it is in response to the headlines accusing our fans as a whole of being racist, and pointing out that the actions of a single fan, IF shown to be racist - that's IF - do not reflect upon everyone.

I wish people would stop reading into this things which are not there. There are enough muppets outside of the club doing that already.

SM knows.

Something happened but until its proved to be racist then we have to give the defendant the benefit of the doubt. Unlike the FA did.

So if there is no racial component to this abuse,is it now going to be an ejection offence for calling somebody 'a manc bastard?'

So you add allegedly into my "something happened" then leave it out in yours?!

A fan abused a player, enough to make him cry(I'm with John Barnes on this, there's no right or wrong way to react to abuse, the sissy just did what he had to do), racist abuse or just normal everyday halfwit moronic run of the mill average football fan abuse something did happen. In the Suarez/Evra case there's no evidence that Suarez even abused Evra, racially or otherwise.

So you add allegedly into my "something happened" then leave it out in yours?!

A fan abused a player, enough to make him cry(I'm with John Barnes on this, there's no right or wrong way to react to abuse, the sissy just did what he had to do), racist abuse or just normal everyday halfwit moronic run of the mill average football fan abuse something did happen. In the Suarez/Evra case there's no evidence that Suarez even abused Evra, racially or otherwise.

I dont know what you mean about the allegedly part but regarding the Oldham lad,if you want to have a career in football,even at the lower level you have got to be able to play in front of thousands of people and have to put up with abuse about who you play for or if the crowd think you are a shit player etc so whatever the abuse you cant burst out crying if you want to be a success at it.

If you hear things like racial abuse you approach the ref,he writes it down or contacts the fourth official and/or police and then you get on with it.

God help him if he had to play alongside Barnes,Regis et al,he would'nt have lasted 5 minutes.

I dont know what you mean about the allegedly part but regarding the Oldham lad,if you want to have a career in football,even at the lower level you have got to be able to play in front of thousands of people and have to put up with abuse about who you play for or if the crowd think you are a shit player etc so whatever the abuse you cant burst out crying if you want to be a success at it.

If you hear things like racial abuse you approach the ref,he writes it down or contacts the fourth official and/or police and then you get on with it.

God help him if he had to play alongside Barnes,Regis et al,he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.

I think that's very harsh. People react to different things in different ways, and I can imagine hearing racial abuse would make someone so angry and upset that they'd be reduced to tears. Just because Barnes didn't break down doesn't mean he's somehow deserving of extra praise, neither man should have had to put up with such abuse.

Hopefully this will all come out in the wash, but racist abuse is nothing new - I imagine we've all heard it, and it goes on at every single ground in every single level of English football.

I think that's very harsh. People react to different things in different ways, and I can imagine hearing racial abuse would make someone so angry and upset that they'd be reduced to tears. Just because Barnes didn't break down doesn't mean he's somehow deserving of extra praise, neither man should have had to put up with such abuse.

Hopefully this will all come out in the wash, but racist abuse is nothing new - I imagine we've all heard it, and it goes on at every single ground in every single level of English football.

Well Sect if its the case that at 18/19 years old and he's not used to a bit of abuse then as a society we have really moved on and its a credit to our society in general.

Problem is though,where do you stop? Is Gerrard allowed to break down cos hes called a scouse bastard or somebody if called a manc twat or a cockney cunt? I realise I'm stretching the argument but we dont live in a perfect society and these things happen and if pointed out then under the law of the land people can be easily prosecuted,if guilty,whereas it hardly ever used to happen.

I have to say I am really uncomfortable with the criticism of his reaction, some people are tougher, I would guess (that is all it is) that judging by his education, he seems a reasonably middle class lad, and probably quite sheltered.

However, considering Gerrard has had songs about his baby, it does seem a little bit unfair. Basically I could scream, abuse about Gerrards kid, or perhaps a better example Phill Nevilles lad, and get really personal yet nothing would happen to me!

KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL..... been going for a few years now , i think...doesnt bother me being called a thievin' scouse, lazy,work shy cnut...and had worse... good job they dont call me "white"...

all this shit that evra ,and eventually, ferdinand have started will fuel "racism", as has been seen on this site, loads of others and most of all the "press"...ffs this is getting to the stage of "monty python"....

I cannot see any way in which Gordon Taylor hasn't prejudiced any legal proceedings.

Because nobody listens to the mad f*****, that's why.

I can hear the Magistrates now, "that Gordon Taylor who was nowhere near the ground and is normally heard counting "eight hundred thousand six hundred and twenty two............" has pronounced on this case,fetch me the transcripts!!:P

I have to say I am really uncomfortable with the criticism of his reaction, some people are tougher, I would guess (that is all it is) that judging by his education, he seems a reasonably middle class lad, and probably quite sheltered.

However, considering Gerrard has had songs about his baby, it does seem a little bit unfair. Basically I could scream, abuse about Gerrards kid, or perhaps a better example Phill Nevilles lad, and get really personal yet nothing would happen to me!

You can't compare racial abuse to any other kind of abuse because it's not personal to you, but is 'branding' you as something based on how you were born. It's something white people (like me) will never be able to quite understand.

Scousers of all white people in this country though should at least have an inkling of how gut wrenching it is to be tarnished with words as being beneath others.

You can't compare racial abuse to any other kind of abuse because it's not personal to you, but is 'branding' you as something based on how you were born. It's something white people (like me) will never be able to quite understand.

Scousers of all white people in this country though should at least have an inkling of how gut wrenching it is to be tarnished with words as being beneath others.

Racist - not all scousers are white

On a more comical note Phil Neville has said we wasn't bothered by the Tamworth suporters shouting abuse at him in Evertons FA cup tie. After hearing them shout "you're just a shit Gary Neville" he said "Iv'e been called a lot worse".

Pee pull are soft nowadays dont you think section. Bunch of slack jawed X factor faggots.

I think the reaction of Adeyemi suggests that we really have something rotten at our club for someone to instantly jump at the conclusion that we called someone a Black Bastard.

I'm of no doubt he was misheard, but I honestly think Adeyemi came here with some misconceptions of our club and fans especially regarding the Suarez affair, and after hearing the song perhaps felt somewhat insulted.

I don't know, I'm just guessing. But we're looking like a right shower lately, and it's something this club has got to address, even if we did only just call a young lad from Norwich a Manc Bastard and he thought we called him Black.

Fucking hell, a lad is arrested on suspicion of racial abuse yet people would prefer to concentrate on Adeyemi's reaction to it?

Only in the mad world of football with all the nonsensical tribalism.

He's arrested on suspicion, but as I mentioned earlier, unless their going to completely ignore the testimony of those fans around them, then he'll be released without charge.

He was at least 20 metres away from them infront of 15,000 other people, and the Police and Stewards who where within touching distance of those arrested did not react at all to it.

As I touched upon in my last post, I think this whole issue is fed somewhat by the feelings people have towards our club at the moment.

Although I totally agree with the sentiments.

I think the reaction of Adeyemi suggests that we really have something rotten at our club for someone to instantly jump at the conclusion that we called someone a Black Bastard.

I'm of no doubt he was misheard, but I honestly think Adeyemi came here with some misconceptions of our club and fans especially regarding the Suarez affair, and after hearing the song perhaps felt somewhat insulted.

I don't know, I'm just guessing. But we're looking like a right shower lately, and it's something this club has got to address, even if we did only just call a young lad from Norwich a Manc Bastard and he thought we called him Black.

"Something rotten at our club"?

"We're looking a right shower lately"

Are you even aware of the language you use, or do you actually, genuinely believe that LFC as a club, its players, and its fans, have an endemic racist problem?

This is 100% media driven, and we are under the spotlight because of the Suarez shitstorm, and our subsequent reaction to it.

I don't know whether he was called a black bastard, or a Manc bastard, but even if it was the former, we can't allow the actions of one pissed-up moron to to be used as yet another stick to beat us with.

There's nothing "rotten" at LFC and there's nothing the club "had got to address" because we've done nothing wrong.

As for calling a "young lad from Norwich a manc" what the merry fuck are you quacking on about there? We should know the birthplace of every opposition player?

Snide, insinuating and full of shit. Again.

Unless there is an audio recording of him being racist, there is no way he will be convicted of racially aggravated public order. Some witnesses say he said "Manc" and some say he said "black". He could not be convicted 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

That said, I will be surprised if he isn't charged as it's now such a public case. I will also be amazed if he doesn't get banned from Anfield for having sworn at the player, charge or not.

If he is innocent of racial abusing the player he is about to find himself sacrificed for the good name of LFC.