You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bloke's been bailed...

Link

Suspect bailed over 'race abuse' against Oldham player

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 05:02 PM

A 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham footballer Tom Adeyemi during an FA Cup game against Liverpool has been released on bail, police said today.

The man, from Aintree, was arrested yesterday by Merseyside Police, who are investigating the incident which took place in the second half of the match at Anfield on Friday night.

Late in the FA Cup third-round fixture, the 20-year-old, on loan from Norwich, appeared to take offence at something shouted from the Kop.

A police spokesman said the suspect, who was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence, has been released on bail pending further inquiries.

Blazing Saddles - Nigger Sheriff,His own Hostage. - YouTube (usually it fooks up)

[YOUTUBE]6H9qesRUTSg[/YOUTUBE]

Two things -

1. When you're posting a YouTube clip, you only have to copy and paste the bit of the URL after the equals sign.

2. Will everybody please stop using the word "fook" instead of "fuck". Please! It's fucking annoying!

Other than that, great work for posting a great clip from a great anti-racist film!

I just watched Blazing Saddles (again) and found it very amusing.

Am I now a racist ? Will the karma police come round and fuck me up ?

Will I know see my name splattered all over Twatter and Sky News as a racist ?

PS I recorded the film on Sky, the totally non-racist media company who replayed the film 3 times a week in the run up to Christmas......

Wonder if the program planner was sacked & arrested ?

Two things: Blazing Saddles is satire, and satire has to portray scenes, or tell stories of the thing it's being satirical about, ergo, not to be confused with propoganda. And the other thing is..well...this

And as someone said, (Stephen Fry think), 'just because someone gets offended, doesn't mean it's offensive.'

It is dispicable to shout racist chants, but I've always looked at as racists showing themselves up to ignorant fools, and it was more their problem than the subject of said chants.

Although I'm causcasian, I have been the victim of some ethnic/xenophobic comments in my time, I've never cried about it. And I've also been ridiculously accused of racism by an African dude, and I have to say, that was far worse; I'd rather be called an Irish potato-munching drunken inbread, than a racist.

Guest San Don

That fucking gordon taylor again!

"We can confirm that he was the victim of racist abuse towards the end of the Liverpool v Oldham FA Cup tie last Friday evening," Taylor said.

No you cant! You can only claim he was allegedly the victim of racist abuse until the Police prove otherwise you fucking ignorant prick.

"This abuse came from a spectator sitting in the Kop section of the ground."

Again, its alleged abuse at this stage.

"Tom has given a full witness statement to the Merseyside police regarding the incident and will continue to assist the police fully in their enquiries."

According you taylor, its an open and shut case. No change there then.

BBC News - Suspect in footballer Tom Adeyemi 'abuse' case bailed

Taylor is a bellend. If I was representing this lad I'd be recording every statement, collecting every article, and screen capturing every internet piece written about it, solely on the basis of potentially showing it would be impossible to receive a fair trial. By releasing statements like this without the word allegedly, Taylor is potentially prejudicing the case. The stupid cunt.

so the next time Craig Bellamy is taking a corner and he is called a '' Welsh cunt '' he can run crying to the ref and act like a Theatre luvvie who just found out he will only do Panto from now on. If the lad was abused he still reacted like a tool. If I was that bothered I'd have twatted the guy in the crowd. Open season on us, we either have to fight fire with fire or completely close the ranks, no inbetween.

Club have just released statement:

Jan 2012 - Latest News Tweet

0 Comments Email Print Archive

You must login to post comments.

Login

Headlines

Tweet

Liverpool FC statement: Jan 8

Liverpool Football Club has been forthright and resolute for many years in its stance against racism and any form of discrimination.

The Club has worked actively to combat discrimination and has been at the forefront of social inclusion and community activity in football, winning awards and commendations for its work throughout the world. And this Club is determined to continue its part in working with the game's ruling bodies and the other organisations active in this area.

Whatever the outcome of what is now a police investigation, all of us are deeply sorry for what happened on Friday night and our players and our Club pass on our sincere regrets to Tom Adeyemi for the upset and distress he suffered as a result of the matter at hand.

Our supporters are renowned throughout the world for their outstanding commitment, passion and fairness. They are drawn from nationalities across the globe with widely diverse backgrounds and heritages. The actions of any one individual do not represent our fans. Their stance on these issues is just as resolute as the Club's. We have a very clearly stated public stance on discrimination and intolerance with dedicated staff that work hard daily on programs in this important area.

Regarding the incident that occurred on Friday evening, we have given Merseyside police every possible assistance we can and will continue to provide the necessary support to their investigation in order to ensure this particular incident is dealt with properly. We will continue to take the strongest possible action(s) against unacceptable behaviour during our matches

I take it being a footballer isnt a closed shop?

So our teams members, who are completely disregarded by Gordon Taylor could tell him to go fuck his ma for his subs?

This is just fucking rubbish, and we dont say fucking boo back.

Robbie Fowler - not supported by the PFA

Luis Suarez - not supported by the PFA

Jamie Carragher - his leg broken by that worthless piece of shit Lucas Neill. Taylors take on it? "Lucas Neill is not a coward"

Taylor - you look like Terry Scott, you are even less funny than he was. Get fucked.

The idea that Adeyemi shouldn't have reacted as he did, and all this "sticks and stones" bollocks is embarrassing, and stupid. A few weeks ago Suarez was getting called Cheat and getting shit off the Fulham crowd, how many people posted that he should just suck it up and get on with it? And how many people were moaning that the Fulham fans were out of order? But now it's happened at Anfield, then everyone is moaning about how the player being abused over-reacted. Really?

The lad that was arrested must have admitted to saying something.

If he hasn't why would the club come out and apologize.

Like if the lad is denying saying anything then the club would have nothing to apologize for. So he must have admitted saying something racially abusive.

The lad that was arrested must have admitted to saying something.

If he hasn't why would the club come out and apologize.

Like if the lad is denying saying anything then the club would have nothing to apologize for. So he must have admitted saying something racially abusive.

If he'd admitted using racist language they'd have charged him on the basis of his admission, so I think it's highly unlikely he has done. He may have told the police he shouted something that wasn't racist.

However, that statement merely acknowledges that Adeyemi was upset, and in no way seeks to prejudice the police investigation, unlike Taylor's statement. I think it is in response to the headlines accusing our fans as a whole of being racist, and pointing out that the actions of a single fan, IF shown to be racist - that's IF - do not reflect upon everyone.

I wish people would stop reading into this things which are not there. There are enough muppets outside of the club doing that already.

So let me get this straight--Gordon Taylor can not comment on one of his members being charged with racist abuse to another member because its a police matter, but can comment on another of his players being allegedly racially abused despite it being another police matter. Am I missing something here?

The idea that Adeyemi shouldn't have reacted as he did, and all this "sticks and stones" bollocks is embarrassing, and stupid. A few weeks ago Suarez was getting called Cheat and getting shit off the Fulham crowd, how many people posted that he should just suck it up and get on with it? And how many people were moaning that the Fulham fans were out of order? But now it's happened at Anfield, then everyone is moaning about how the player being abused over-reacted. Really?

It was more the crying than anything. Giving abuse and stick back is fine but starting to cry is just pathetic.

If he'd admitted using racist language they'd have charged him on the basis of his admission, so I think it's highly unlikely he has done. He may have told the police he shouted something that wasn't racist.

However, that statement merely acknowledges that Adeyemi was upset, and in no way seeks to prejudice the police investigation, unlike Taylor's statement. I think it is in response to the headlines accusing our fans as a whole of being racist, and pointing out that the actions of a single fan, IF shown to be racist - that's IF - do not reflect upon everyone.

I wish people would stop reading into this things which are not there. There are enough muppets outside of the club doing that already.

You're right we shouldn't all be reading into it.

I just found it strange the club doing that. But I suppose thats what we're dealing with now. We're in a situation where we are literally walking through a minefield in every respect imaginable.

I feel bad for Tom Adeyemi, he was upset and its not something anyone wants to see. But it pisses me off that the club has to apologise now for something that hasn't been proven. Thats why I was thinking the lad that shouted something must have admitted it was racial in nature.

But you're right the club is just in full on damage limitation mode at the minute. So we're basically apologizing for Tom Adeyemi being upset and because the country is trying to paint us all as racists, even though nothings been admitted to or proven yet unless as I say the lad has admitted it.

All fair comment.

The club does seem to have learned from the Suarez debacle. An early apology without prejudice. Stay ahead of the game.