You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

If confirmation is needed that Adeyemi was racially abused why doesn't someone ask him what he heard. it?

Now there's a question.

The bigger question should be about player reaction to terrace abuse, but it won't be. How is what Luis did at Fulham any more incendiary than what he did last night?

Make no mistake, they want us to fold, they hate us that much. Some of you need to harden up.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should complain about this. He was on running his mouth off like a little cunt after the Suarez stuff and you he deserves to be made look like the total bandwagon-jumping fuckwit that he is. Whose attention should it be brought to?

Peter Tatchell's. Failing that, a complaint to the FA. I doubt the police would be interested without a direct complaint from the person he tweeted it at.

Well, let's go back a few years for Gordon Taylor...

1994: Taylor says Stuart Pearce's alleged racist abuse of Paul Ince was "in the heat of the moment … Stuart regrets what he said, and he'll be ringing Paul to apologise. Hopefully that will be the end of it."

If we also look at his street sweeping with the Wright - Schmeichel case, he's on course to be ready to address homophobia by 2025.

Why do the words Fowler-Le Saux come to mind all of a sudden?

That was also dealt with in the cack-handed way you'd expect as well and that was 13 years ago.

Peter Tatchell's. Failing that, a complaint to the FA. I doubt the police would be interested without a direct complaint from the person he tweeted it at.

I'm only guessing but wouldn't the police investigate if anyone complained? I'm sure it was a member of the public who complained about John Terry's outburst at QPR and not Anton Ferdinand.

Problem is if half the stories are true, why would anyone doubt racism is alive and well?

If the spotlight remains on us for much longer, you know sooner or later someone is going to stumble across that soft under-belly. I'm sure it exists at all clubs but has been hidden away well enough.

If we don't get this situation under control very soon now that is the kind of thing that will start to surface. And they we will be really fucked.

How are you going to address a societal problem from the perspective of a football club?

It does exist and in my opinion it has simply been removed from the ground, but how can you even begin to address it, when it is something that exists within society?

I'm only guessing but wouldn't the police investigate if anyone complained? I'm sure it was a member of the public who complained about John Terry's outburst at QPR and not Anton Ferdinand.

They might, but more often than not they like a complainant. I'm pretty sure the Terry case only moved on once Ferdinand decided to make a statement.

That last paragraph almost makes it sound like we could become the club of choice for racists, but of course you couldn't be that big a spastic

An interesting, and revealing, choice of insult.

You don't get it do you?

This is no longer about the FA, Evra and Suarez, it is about perception.The detail of the original incident is way behind us.

Let me be perfectly clear.When our support chanted Suarez name in reply to "You're just a town full of racists" we were defending a wronged player.To a larger audience it will have sounded to many outside as glorifying racism.

There is a significant body of opinion that is using this whole circus as a litmus test for racism.If you do not think that racist elements will look to exploit this you have not learned the lessons of right wing expolitation of football fans in the 70's and 80's.

Now you are perfectly entitled to feel that a siege mentality of circle the waggons is the right response to this, that's fine. But LFC plays as part of a national league and is a worldwide name, it represents our community, city and region.How we respond to this DOES matter.

You can either make things happen, let things happpen, or wonder what has happened. We need to be in the former category.

I'm more embarrassed about a grown fucking man, a professional athlete nonetheless, CRYING because of something some anonymous guy shouted at him, regardless of whether he misheard or not.

Tom Adeyemi needs to take a good look at himself and grow a pair of testicles. Seriously, what a fucking milky-licking fruitbowl.

How are you going to address a societal problem from the perspective of a football club?

It does exist and in my opinion it has simply been removed from the ground, but how can you even begin to address it, when it is something that exists within society?

All you can do is not put yourself in the spotlight.

You can either make things happen, let things happpen, or wonder what has happened. We need to be in the former category.

Sorry Xerxes but I think you are wrong.

You do what you believe is right! It has nothing to do with making things happen, or letting them happen it is about doing what you believe is right. If you don't believe in what you are doing then don't do it.

Perception may be difficult, however considering the rest of this country by and large thinks we are city full of thieving, scrounging, whingeing scouse twats all this recent anger has done is given that prejudice a conduit.

Whatever decisions we make from now have to be made with the interests of the club in mind first and foremost, not the FA, not the premier league, and certainly not the FA and their 'fight' against prejudice.

It was interesting that in the Echo they reported that John Henry is furious at the way that the club has been treated! Yet the national press seem to think our reaction is representative of Kenny and not the clubs owners.

I don't want to speculate on the incident, what with the little info we have being conflicting (fucking deja-vu), although it goes without saying that any cunts hurling racist abuse need banning and prosecuting. That one or two mongs in the crowd (speculating here) could heap so much shit on our club is terrifying. That those mongs would be LFC fans is fucking mindblowing.

But, what is a fact, is that the Mirror clearly have it in for us, even resorting to outright lies to further smear our name. WTF has brought this on? I know they're seen as a 'Manc' paper, but I've never seen anything like this from them before. They're engaging in a full-on campaign against against us now, with only dear old Readie holding the fort.

Said this at the start of the Suarez affair, the next issue is Homophobia, and that will involve black players. Wonder how Jason Roberts, Lord Ouseley, Clarke Carlise and Gordon Taylor will react when this starts being taken seriously.

Am I right in thinking it is a criminal offenc as well?

I fully expect 'we have to take cultural differences into account' to be the line, even where the players are English born and bred.

Guest San Don
I'm more embarrassed about a grown fucking man, a professional athlete nonetheless, CRYING because of something some anonymous guy shouted at him, regardless of whether he misheard or not.

Tom Adeyemi needs to take a good look at himself and grow a pair of testicles. Seriously, what a fucking milky-licking fruitbowl.

Hmmm. A bit harsh.

That said, you only need look at the first few corners Downing took in front of the holt end to see real vitriol directed at a player. There's a woman right behind him screaming at the top of her voice calling him a fucking so and so but he's completely blanked it.

I find it somewhat hard to believe the oldham player could clearly hear what one fan is alleged to have said when there was over 20 metres between them.

The lad probably thinks he's heard something but the reaction of sections of the meedja ie ssn, daily wail and manc should not surprise anyone.

Fuckingright, he and JasonRoberts and all them lads need to stop fucking whining like it's 1954 Alabama. It's over, fuck off, and you're brown, not black.

I've got zero time for it, deal with it yourself or call the police, but I don't need to know about it, just like I don't need to know if Neil Lennon is called a ginger cunt, or if the crowd sings you fat bastard at Lampard. Have a bit of fucking dignity, I'm sick of hearing about it.

reporter live from Anfield. Stills of the lad upser after "torrent of abuse from the Kop end" merseyside police are investigating and the report ended "the big question is...was the abuse racist. Back to the studio"

Well at least they're still asking the question, most seem to of answered it on their own.

All you can do is not put yourself in the spotlight.

We're not though! As you said this will be someone from the press actively going undercover, that isn't avoiding the spotlight that is someone shining the spotlight on you, which you cannot control!

I honestly don't know what the club, or any club can do to stop racist language on coaches and amongst fans travelling to the match.

That is something that can only be addressed by us as fans standing up to it, and quite frankly I ain't standing up to 20 lads regardless of disgusted I am by their attitude.

Guest San Don
I don't want to speculate on the incident, what with the little info we have being conflicting (fucking deja-vu), although it goes without saying that any cunts hurling racist abuse need banning and prosecuting. That one or two mongs in the crowd (speculating here) could heap so much shit on our club is terrifying. That those mongs would be LFC fans is fucking mindblowing.

But, what is a fact, is that the Mirror clearly have it in for us, even resorting to outright lies to further smear our name. WTF has brought this on? I know they're seen as a 'Manc' paper, but I've never seen anything like this from them before. They're engaging in a full-on campaign against against us now, with only dear old Readie holding the fort.

I fully expect 'we have to take cultural differences into account' to be the line, even where the players are English born and bred.

I'd like to propose the daily manc has it in for us more than usual is because we, the fans, have vented our fury on two of their leading sports writers. We have, quite rightly, questioned the validity of their reporting and stance on the evra \ Suarez incident.

They know the damage a 'boycott' by LFC fans can have on their circulation and income.

Make no mistake, they will see this as much a siege mentality them against us as wee do.

Well done the FA by the way. Last month I really was keen on the 'kick it out campaign, now, I'm starting to not give a fuck. It's been totally abused by the FA and all these bandwagon jumping cunts.

I'd like to know how many black people the Daily Mirror and the FA hired for senior posts in 2011.

If you buy newspapers, STOP IT. Loom what you're doing.

We're not though! As you said this will be someone from the press actively going undercover, that isn't avoiding the spotlight that is someone shining the spotlight on you, which you cannot control!

I honestly don't know what the club, or any club can do to stop racist language on coaches and amongst fans travelling to the match.

That is something that can only be addressed by us as fans standing up to it, and quite frankly I ain't standing up to 20 lads regardless of disgusted I am by their attitude.

I meant the spotlight is on us because of the Suarez affair. You're right of course about everything else. My mate still goes to West Ham and the under-currents there are as they were in the 80s. But they are not in the news cycle so who cares. We've not managed the news cycle and we are now very vulnerable. Everyone just needs to be extra vigilant.

Let me be perfectly clear.When our support chanted Suarez name in reply to "You're just a town full of racists" we were defending a wronged player.To a larger audience it will have sounded to many outside as glorifying racism.

I was in the Kop and never heard this apparent chant of "town full of racists" so am not aware of any link between that and the Suarez songs, which were being sung at regular intervals throughout the match.

In any case, if ever there were a set of fans who would recognise a "town full of racists" when they saw one, Oldham would be up near the top of the list.