You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

I can't stomach going through this entire thread, so apologies if this has already been asked and/or answered, BUT....

Why were so many people booing Adeyemi when he made his complaint (and afterwards)? If you were one of the people booing, what the fuck were you thinking of?

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stomach going through this entire thread, so apologies if this has already been asked and/or answered, BUT....

Why were so many people booing Adeyemi when he made his complaint (and afterwards)? If you were one of the people booing, what the fuck were you thinking of?

I agree, the booing was out of order but its not hard to comprehend where it came from.

Liverpool as a city, as a club and as a fan base have been branded as stone-wall racists on the back of nothing. I can imagine a lot of people feeling sour about that and hence, the mongs in the crowd expressing those feelings poorly.

I also think a lot of fans thought Adeyemi was getting upset over the Luis Suarez song, which would result in obvious booing.

I can't believe all this shit. A club of our stature one of the few big clubs with an almost family like quality still, with strong values and respect gets dragged to the depths because of an unproven incedent on the pitch between two players and some nob head in the crowd. The sheer venom headed our way by all has astounded me are we genuinely that hated.

The crowd were singing the Suarez song when Adeyemi started getting upset and I think most of the Kop thought he was reacting to that

How many gingers or big noses or plonkies have had their forefathers industrially rounded up but in chains had all their rights denied to them for centuries by decent white folk. They may get a bit touchy themselves if they had. Stop talking you are making a prick out of yourself.

Go off and read why white people calling black people nigger and the like is so offensive, you may learn a thing or two.

A player is going to get nasty abuse regardless of whether hes black or white, gay, ugly or whatever and if he cant handle it he wont make it. If he wasnt black he'd get abuse over something else.

Tom Adeyemi has had shit shouted at him before and it will happen again. Its not right but shit happens and he has to deal with it like a man - not like a pussy crying all over the pitch. I'd have more respect for him if he had made a complaint after the match. Fucking drama queen.

The crowd were singing the Suarez song when Adeyemi started getting upset and I think most of the Kop thought he was reacting to that

That's fucking nuts. Why would he suddenly go off his head after an hour and why would he direct attention to one corner of the Kop? I (and everyone around me) thought it was pretty obvious that he was reacting to something that was said - and all the booing makes it look like we're the type of people who will defend "ours" regardless of what they've said or done. It's not a good look.

A player is going to get nasty abuse regardless of whether hes black or white, gay, ugly or whatever and if he cant handle it he wont make it. If he wasnt black he'd get abuse over something else.

Tom Adeyemi has had shit shouted at him before and it will happen again. Its not right but shit happens and he has to deal with it like a man - not like a pussy crying all over the pitch. I'd have more respect for him if he had made a complaint after the match. Fucking drama queen.

3624d1187653052-hobo-font-tramp_master_361x470.gif

Hopefully I can shed some light on this.

1. The fans where thrown out for being drunk and disorderly. I saw them from the Main Stand basically giving it beans

2. After the game I asked some people who I know who work in the control room, who said that fans quickly came to the Police and Stewards to tell them that 'Manc Bastard' was shouting, not 'black' bastard.

Our ground was as culturally diverse as any this season, despite everything, although we believe in Suarez' innocence, I refuse to believe none of our fans would stand by idle if someone was being racially abused.

They where located by a large concentration of stewards and police officers, if they heard the abuse they would have jumped on it faster than flies around shit, such as the times this club is in at the moment.

It's getting nasty, it really is, everywhere at the game people are talking about it, Oldham fans called us a town full of racists, there is going to be a watershed moment coming soon, and it's not going to be pretty. I know the club can only do so much, but tentions need to be addressed.

My view of Tom Adeyemi is that I think he's come here with the pre-conceived notion that we're all a bunch of racist backwards beauts. When he heard the Suarez song he got angry, and when someone called him a Manc Bastard, despite being from Norwich he heard it wrong.

I hold no malice for the lad, this situation has been started by no more than mass hysteria, half truths and media fuelled arrogance.

Oliver Holt can fuck off as well, cretin.

I agree with baz about reporting it after the game, it's bizarre after years of fans hurling all kinds of abuse we get a player to react how he did whilst we are in the midst of this one race case with Suarez. It just seem to be a pile on, either this lad has took advantage or his head is primed because of all the press he's reading about us or we have some nob head in the crowd who thinks he's being funny or maybe even blatantly rascist. Personally I assumed anyone saying anything rascist in anfield would be brought to task by other fans.

I was at the game last night, and my blood ran cold at that moment.

There is a problem at the moment which needs to be gripped.

The Evra/Suarez situation was a commonplace spat which has been alllowed to get way out of hand. Any crowd of 45,000 will statistically have at least one nutter in it. So on the one hand, there is nothing remarkable about that.

BUT. The Evra/Suarez incident HAS got out of hand.The booing last night was far more worrying than the actions of one idiot in a Suarez T shirt, which now risks being a uniform for any EDL knuckledragger.

There are two parallel universes at the moment. Our justified outrage at the way the Suarez incident has been handled, and the way that it is playing out to a wider audience. That is going to require a leadership.

The Man U game fills me with dread.

Interestingly, just been on Twitter and the when searching for the username @nickparrotbbc I get a message "This user does not exist." Can only assume this is the BBC trying to distance themselves from the situation as it defo did exist last night!!

If he's that sensitive and precious then he should just go and fuck off.

If a white player was being called a white pasty bastard do you think he's get upset? Fucking ridiculous race card horse shit.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWP2eAz0Nc2ueMNXfsRQIzFREkaNayP1TMdxnCitix8U-LUUzM1K53DtyFNg

"Hi. I'm black Hitler, obviously. And whilst perusing this thread I noticed Baz1969's trenchant opinion and just wanted to add my weight to his no way ridiculous and ill informed comparison.

I'm not racist but I honestly feel that all black people should be shipped back to Africa and if there was some sort of fund I could pay in to to facilitate this, then I would certainly give up some of my hard earned cash.

Except for Daley Thompson obviously. He can stay."

I was at the game last night, and my blood ran cold at that moment.

There is a problem at the moment which needs to be gripped.

The Evra/Suarez situation was a commonplace spat which has been alllowed to get way out of hand. Any crowd of 45,000 will statistically have at least one nutter in it. So on the one hand, there is nothing remarkable about that.

BUT. The Evra/Suarez incident HAS got out of hand.The booing last night was far more worrying than the actions of one idiot in a Suarez T shirt, which now risks being a uniform for any EDL knuckledragger.

There are two parallel universes at the moment. Our justified outrage at the way the Suarez incident has been handled, and the way that it is playing out to a wider audience. That is going to require a leadership.

The Man U game fills me with dread.

Couldn't have said it better myself, when they called us a 'Town full of racists' and we retorted with the Suarez song. I uttered to myself 'This is getting out of hand now', and a few people turned around and agreed with me.

I'm fully expecting to have to go on a racial awareness course sometime soon, it really needs addressing, i've just tweeted Martin Lipton my thoughts, this is a scandal that needs to be investigated, and what doesn't help is papers stoking up flames that don't need to be fueled anymore.

Interestingly, just been on Twitter and the when searching for the username @nickparrotbbc I get a message "This user does not exist." Can only assume this is the BBC trying to distance themselves from the situation as it defo did exist last night!!

i checked my(@kristianokeeffe) retweets from last night - the nick parrott account is @nickparrottbbc

It may not become clear until the weekend as to wether these fans have been arrested and for what reason.

They where ejected by Police, which says to me that they have been arrested for something. Police do not eject anyone unless a criminal offence is taking place, they are there to assist the stewards..

Racist abuse is totally wrong and unacceptable but I would have thought that most black players get a bit of abuse every now and again from fuck wits in the crowd etc. Lots of players get abuse for all sorts of reasons. I was suprised by Adeyemis reaction to whatever was said - it was like he'd never been called a name or slagged off before. Professional footballers of all colours and races need to have thick skin - Adeyemi needs to toughen up and stop acting like a fuckin upset 7yr old.

This is particularly idiotic and embarrassing. No form of abuse with reference to a person's ethnicity is ever acceptable or excusable.

the issue i have with the whole situation is the FA like to believe the worst about us even when evidence and witnesses to event are lacking. They believed Evra account over Suarez - whats to say Adeyemi heard "black" the crowd said "manc" - i have a sick feeling the FA will go with the players account..

the issue i have with the whole situation is the FA like to believe the worst about us even when evidence and witnesses to event are lacking. They believed Evra account over Suarez - whats to say Adeyemi heard "black" the crowd said "manc" - i have a sick feeling the FA will go with the players account..

They can't.

It's a criminal case, the Police Ejected the fans. The FA can provide evidence, if they have any.

We don't know what happened yet for sure. Some of the arguments on Twitter have been based on pure conjecture. Ant's version certainly sounds credible, but you could sense Ollie Hoult and others last night desperate for the race angle to be true. Then they can unfold a narrative about Dalglish and the club being apologists for racism and this is where it leads. This is in danger of becoming a campaign to remove Suarez from English football altogether. While I think the club has been right to defend the player robustly, it has led to an explosion of self-righteous anger in the media, many of whom seem to think a shoddy FA panel outcome represents conclusive proof of racism.

The club needs to address all this - and they tried to address their commitment to anti-racism in their last statement. If there are racist allegations in this case, we need to investigate them fully and to the satisfaction of Oldham, their player and all concerned. I'm sure we will. But there is a wider issue of what is in effect a campaign against the club, Dalglish and Suarez by sections of the media who think we are in denial about the Suarez case. While defending the player correctly, we maybe haven't been clear enough in saying that calling someone 'negro' is not acceptable in this country and that Suarez made a mistake in using the term. There's also possibly an element of bitterness from some in the media at looking stupid over the Hodgson debacle, but this goes wider than Barclay et al.

The Suarez case is being used as a stick to beat Liverpool with. But conspiracy theories about last night won't help us. The club needs to take control of a situation that is spiralling daily - and Fergie's pathetic response to our overtures suggests it will reach a crescendo by the time we go to OT.

Edited by Galactico

I few caveats before I say what i want here.....

1-I wasn't there, I'm only taking what I know from this thread.

2- I don't condone racist chants/abuse aimed at players

But........

Do the FA not always punish retaliatory action by players to crowd abuse. Cantona (extreme example I know), Carraghers coin toss, Luis' finger salute at Fulham?

I know it's not right for members of the crowd to hurl "any" foul abuse at players and that should be a police matter. If a player "reacts" then thats a football matter.

What I'm trying to say is, no matter what Adeyemi "thought" he heard, his reaction was OTT.

If this is the way things are going to go, especially at Liverpool games where its open season, then the FA need to nip this in the bud quickly and show a bit of leadership or whatever and reinforce exactly what the procedure should be. Should that be go to the ref immediately, who will then take the matter to the touchline or report it after the game.

I'm not saying what happened last night was right, but we don't really know exactly what happened do we?

Oh and Anubis, I would be interested to see your draft of complaint to PCC. I think the Mirror in particular need to be taken to task over their standard of reporting lately.

The same people calling the lad a pussy or whatever are way wrong in my case. If he thought he was called what has been said then it takes balls for him to react the way he did rather than go in shrinking violet mode. Hopefully all the lad is "guilty" of is mis-hearing a comment.

I would love the England team next time they're in one of the eastern European countries and the black players in the side are being subjected to monkey noises or whatever to be brave enough to walk off the pitch en-masse.

Maybe only then will FIFA realise that piddling 10-15k fines for these countries responsible simply won't do.