You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So taking for 'fact' the link between Kenny's stance on Suarez and an alleged racist shout (single) to Tom Adeyemi, does this mean that the press will link the FA's heroic refusal to accept the decision to award the world to other countries, and subsequent rants...sorry honest critiques of corruption within FIFA to the racist cunts who follow Engerland singing songs about the War or Turks?

Or would that mean consistency?

Who wrote that NZ article, razor?

That was written by a Paul Lewis of the New Zealand Herald. Bright lad, knows what he's on about.

One more time...

Getting back to Suarez, it is comforting to know that such incidents mostly do not take place in New Zealand. No one would be daft enough to say that New Zealand sport and society is free of racism. Of course it isn't. But we do seem to have absorbed, as a nation and as the peoples who inhabit it, that the colour of the skin is not a subject for abuse or even comment in sport.

You have to go back to May 2010 to find a racism storm - and then it was only Andy Haden's misguided contention that the Crusaders used an "only three darkies" rule in selecting their team. Rugby has in fact been a bit of a crusader in this regard. Comments like "black", "honky" and other racial taunts that would be deeply inappropriate if used as a taunt are, instead, sometimes used as a term of endearment or as gentler joshing between members of rugby teams.

Paul Lewis: Racism - we are poles apart - Soccer - NZ Herald News

Be the first to comment. New Zealand being New Zealand, nobody thinks there's anything approaching wrong with the above.

Not that anyone cares - in fact I'm sure to get the all the stereotypical abuse about not being a real (local) fan, but this whole racism / FA / media shit has left me completely disillusioned with the sport.

I stopped coming on here after the Suarez verdict, and this FA cup event has done it for me.

As much as I support Liverpool and wish the club all the success, all this shit is simply tedious and moronic. I refuse to waste anymore time on the hypocritical drama that is English football.

Likely this comment will be lost in a sea of hysteria, but lest it be a reminder why the sport is not universally accepted... if in fact occasionally ridiculed.

This had better not have any sort of negative impact on titty city!

Balls.

Why the inverted commas around "thought"?

Rightly or wrongly, he believes he was racially abused. He's absolutely right to report it to the referee. Who the fuck has the right to tell anyone how upset they are allowed to get when they're insulted?

Yeah ok I get your point. I put the speech marks in because when I posted, there was still a lot of confusion about what was exactly said. Still is I suppose, until the person who was arrested has given their side.

If, and I mean worst case scenario, it transpires that amazingly the lad admits to shouting "You fucking black bastard", I still think Adeyemi's reaction has fuelled the media fire here. They're all peddling the sensitive poor lad angle. He's educated you know. As if what's that got to do with it?

It's not right that that was shouted at him, but as others have said in this thread, he needs to have a thicker skin. As I said, players face abuse all the time from crowds, and the worst thing to do is react/retalliate.

He should've calmly went to the ref and reported it. All the arm waving and stuff was just drama in my opinion.

I just watched Blazing Saddles (again) and found it very amusing.

Am I now a racist ? Will the karma police come round and fuck me up ?

Will I know see my name splattered all over Twatter and Sky News as a racist ?

PS I recorded the film on Sky, the totally non-racist media company who replayed the film 3 times a week in the run up to Christmas......

Wonder if the program planner was sacked & arrested ?

Guest Gucci_Ledge

terrible example. Blazing Saddles is a parody of racism, made by a Jew and starring a black guy where every race other than the white cowboys are looked upon in a favourable light.

terrible example. Blazing Saddles is a parody of racism, made by a Jew and starring a black guy where every race other than the white cowboys are looked upon in a favourable light.

So an elderly white woman saying "up yours nigger" to a black sheriff isn't a racist comment, but a parody of a racist comment ?

Because it's of a different context ?

So when is it safe to use a derogatory racist term ? When it's funny ?

Tom Adeyemi didn't find it funny, did he ?

Ask Sky for their thoughts on the matter.....they're the ones jumping on the bandwagon over the weekend.

The point I was trying to make, as somebody has eloquently posted before me, that media companies will print or show whatever sells at that time. They don't care if it's utter shite that they will later get sued for.

Whatever's the crest of the wave, the flavour of the month at that point in time.

Double standards doesn't count whilst peddling your shit wares......

It's about personal perception - and I actually know several people who were offended by Blazing Saddles, however sad that may seem to some.

Adeyemi needs to get a grip of himself, crying like a fucking girl because someone called him a nasty name. Seriously, is that the worst thing he's ever been called? I've been called far worse (especially at school) never cried about it, if I had I'd have been fucking destroyed. Toughen up you fucking girl, you're a fucking embarrassment to the rest of us.

Adeyemi needs to get a grip of himself, crying like a fucking girl because someone called him a nasty name. Seriously, is that the worst thing he's ever been called? I've been called far worse (especially at school) never cried about it, if I had I'd have been fucking destroyed. Toughen up you fucking girl, you're a fucking embarrassment to the rest of us.

Ever considered a career as a defence lawyer?:P

I just watched Blazing Saddles (again) and found it very amusing.

Am I now a racist ? Will the karma police come round and fuck me up ?

Will I know see my name splattered all over Twatter and Sky News as a racist ?

PS I recorded the film on Sky, the totally non-racist media company who replayed the film 3 times a week in the run up to Christmas......

Wonder if the program planner was sacked & arrested ?

Blazing Saddles - Nigger Sheriff,His own Hostage. - YouTube (usually it fooks up)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H9qesRUTSg[/YOUTUBE]