You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing no-one has stopped to think about, whats saying a few Manc fans are getting in the ground just to stir this shit ?

If the mirror has gone with that back page and if there blaming them three fans in Suarez t shirts,it smells more like the papers doing.

They know if there not 100% certain over what they have printed,there is noway a editor would allow that page.

They know the club will sue the arse off them.

So knowing this my guess would be of there involvement behind all this.

Worth a look at this, He's a Shrewsbury player, used to play for Oldham - 150 appearances, and has plenty of mates at Oldham who got him tickets and took him down to the dressing rooms.

Anyway after the game i went into the the Oldham dressing room to catch up with my old mates and spoke to Tom Adeyemi directly about what the altercation with the fan was all about. He said he was racially abused by the fan. This is FACT.....

He also said that police want to speak to him and was asking 4 advise from his team mates what to do. Every1 around him told him 2 go ahead and give his version of events to the police. I just thought what a bad way to end a good night for all involved. So pls stop abusing me as im just telling you as it went. If people out their want to start making excuses for people thats up to them but its time for this kind of behaviour to stop. This isnt acceptable in football or in society and its time 4 black players 2 show a stand like young Tom did today.

As a 20yr old i thought he managed the situation extremely well and it was sad that the incident reduce him 2 tears in what should of been the happiest day of his footballing career to date

@ReubenHazell what did the fan say to him?

@STKabba black b****** he said

@ReubenHazell That's original. We'll see what L'pool do about this situation.

@STKabba they will prob say the fan said Manc b****** cause it sounds the same. Thats what alot are using as an excuse on twitter already

@ReubenHazell yeah coz that makes sense.

These "we've been stitched up by some Mancs" theories are a bit silly.

Do people honestly believe that somebody, however much they hate us, would put himself at risk of a) having his head kicked in and b) being charged with racial assault, just so he can "stitch us up"?

Bit farfetched.

Of course it is.

I have dealt with the PCC a lot in the past. You can only complain about a report if it is about you personally.

I'm not familiar with the PCC, Galactico. Would it be the case that me simply being a Liverpool fan in the ground would not suffice? And if the initial Mirror allegation that somebody was arrested for a racial offence was incorrect, that nobody could complain about a ficticious arrest? Any advice you could give would be appreciated. Do the PCC have published guidelines for complaints?

If he's that sensitive and precious then he should just go and fuck off.

If a white player was being called a white pasty bastard do you think he's get upset? Fucking ridiculous race card horse shit.

You`re a fucking no nothing gobshite who has absolutely no idea what it feels like to be a minority on the receiving end of a mouthful of racist abuse.

A line still needs to be drawn in the sand by the Club.

Our statement when deciding not to appeal was great for us fans, but essentially said “ We’re not appealing because the whole thing is a farce and he isn’t guilty”. Kenny then follows it up by saying “there’s more – but I’m not telling you what”. All that has done is to keep the pot boiling, and make no mistake, this will run until at least the Terry trial, Luis returns, and the Man U game, all of which could provide fresh fuel for the fire. So we are faced with at least a month of combustible inflammable ingredients waiting to go off.

There are numerous practical steps we could take. FSG’s fine record of dealing with racism at the Red Sox offer indisputable credentials about the beliefs of the owners of our club. Lebron James, Glen Johnson and John Barnes would be powerful , persuasive and credible advocates for our cause. Far too little has been made of Luis involvement and (indirect) financial support for children’s football in the SA Townships. Fly him out there with a camera crew and report what has already been done.

But I tell you this, we had better start looking to the big picture pretty fast. The line between thousands of Reds chanting Suarez’ name last night and us becoming a rallying point for racial intolerance is a thin one.

Ian Ayre, being CEO is about more than doing shirt deals,its about leadership, lead.

Our statement when deciding not to appeal was great for us fans, but essentially said “ We’re not appealing because the whole thing is a farce and he isn’t guilty”. Kenny then follows it up by saying “there’s more – but I’m not telling you what”. All that has done is to keep the pot boiling, and make no mistake, this will run until at least the Terry trial, Luis returns, and the Man U game, all of which could provide fresh fuel for the fire. So we are faced with at least a month of combustible inflammable ingredients waiting to go off.

There are numerous practical steps we could take. FSG’s fine record of dealing with racism at the Red Sox offer indisputable credentials about the beliefs of the owners of our club. Lebron James, Glen Johnson and John Barnes would be powerful , persuasive and credible advocates for our cause. Far too little has been made of Luis involvement and (indirect) financial support for children’s football in the SA Townships. Fly him out there with a camera crew and report what has already been done.

But I tell you this, we had better start looking to the big picture pretty fast. The line between thousands of Reds chanting Suarez’ name last night and us becoming a rallying point for racial intolerance is a thin one.

We've faced worse. We've been accused of pickpocketing our own dead. We've been called murderers. And we've come through it. It's just one more stick to beat us with. We stand firm.

That last paragraph almost makes it sound like we could become the club of choice for racists, but of course you couldn't be that big a spastic

The only thing i want to know is why these people were ejected from the ground and not arrested, there was obviously something badly wrong with the reaction of the player.

Why were these people not taken to an incident room, their identities revealed and statements taken, it seems like an almighty fuck up by the police.

First off, I really don't think anybody can, or would be so stupid to shout 'black bastard' in that situation! Stewards, police and fellow fans all around you and you shout something so offensive, at this time, then you must be seriously retarded. Manc Bastard actually makes sense.

As for the journalists, I am totally disgusted by them, it is funny that you can be aware of how the press works and be disgusted with it, but it is only when you are on the end of their agenda that you suddenly realise just how risible and (without soundling like a women!) upsetting it can be. To listen to Jason Roberts criticise Kenny for a situation that he has absolutely no knowledge of, is frustrating. And at the midst of all this anger is the suggestion that you cannot fight your corner as you will be criticised as being a racist, so you have to take the criticisms which focus upon you being a.....racist!

I have absolutely no anger towards Tom Adeyemi, none at all, I really feel for the lad and totally back him or any other player who feels that they have been racially abused. If that is the case then we have to deal with that. I would like to think that we as fans can send messages to Oldham to affirm this to them. We argued that we are not racist and this is the perfect opportunity for us, as a club to confirm this.

The only thing i want to know is why these people were ejected from the ground and not arrested, there was obviously something badly wrong with the reaction of the player.

Why were these people not taken to an incident room, their identities revealed and statements taken, it seems like an almighty fuck up by the police.

You should watch the footage. At the time of the incident the nearby police don't intervene at all. They don't even react. Now, are you telling me that if the police thought a serious public order incident was happening they wouldn't intervene? The fans in question weren't ejected until several minutes after everything had settled down. And it seemed to me more a case that the control room had suggested asking the lads to leave to make sure things remained settled. And make no mistake, they weren't grabbed and pulled out, they were asked to leave and they did so without any trouble. At this stage I don't think we know if their details were taken or not.

That's a bit harsh but it's still a product of the climate the FA have created with their chicanery. It seems like I can't go anywhere now without walking into a row over this issue. Everyone wants to make a big deal about Liverpool supporting racism.

Adeyemi is another example, a couple of weeks ago he would never have reacted like that. Now, he instinctively presumes that we are capable of racist acts and that he is being targeted because he is black. It's like a reverse stereotype is emerging here, Liverpool are becoming synonymous with racism.

Hopefully this will all blow over soon but I'm getting pig sick at having to defend myself and my club from every other supporter who gets their "facts" from the press and Sky and want to paint us as a racist organisation. Fucking FA twats

It's not harsh at all. If I'd burst into tears every time somebody called me a 'scouse bastard' when I worked in various parts of the country, or made hub cap jokes, I'd have flooded out several buildings. That's not to condone any racist abuse, but this kid needs to grow up. Just think of John Barnes showing both dignity and disdain in the face of co-ordinated mob abuse.

Whilst I'm in rant mode - fuckin' BBC 5Live - no 1 item on this morning's news round up - this incident. Other paltry news items, such as ...ELEVEN dead in New Zealand, teacher attacked by 10 yr old and has leg broken, pensioner murdered - all pale into comparison compared to the shocking news about one footballer who has a nasty name thrown out him. Perspective ?-No. Agenda? - judge for yourself.

You should watch the footage. At the time of the incident the nearby police don't intervene at all. They don't even react. Now, are you telling me that if the police thought a serious public order incident was happening they wouldn't intervene? The fans in question weren't ejected until several minutes after everything had settled down. And it seemed to me more a case that the control room had suggested asking the lads to leave to make sure things remained settled. And make no mistake, they weren't grabbed and pulled out, they were asked to leave and they did so without any trouble. At this stage I don't think we know if their details were taken or not.

I believe they may have been thrown out for being disorderly.

But I totally agree with the rest of your points.

Good post by Whelan there. Exactly my thoughts. And as Ant said the lad was a distance away so it may have sounded like "black bastard" from 15-20 yards away. It should have been the lads career highlight so far last night and the reaction was understandable if that's what he thought was said to him. It isn't some conspiracy like some are ridiculously claiming, just hopefully an honest mistake by a young lad. The likes of Oliver Holt (who I used to at least respect if I didn't agree with everything he said) being the two-faced vulture that he is is more deserving of our criticism than the Oldham lad.