You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Adeyemi

redsoxs

The mirror are loving it. Cunts.

I've said before that the only thing that separates that piece of shit from the sun is Hillsborough. The mirror is a disgusting shitrag of a paper and that shitstain Maddock is fucking revelling in his infamy. What a fucking prick.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NickParrottBBC Nick Parrott

I was on the Kop at tonight. It will be interesting to hear what upset #Oldham's Tom #Adeyemi. Fans nearby claim they heard "Manc bastard"

19 minutes ago

Three other fans wearing #Suarez t-shirts in the front row of the corner of the Kop were ejected by police who claim they'd chanted abuse

18 minutes ago

@TonyBarretTimes No fan was ejected following Adeyemi incident. I spoke to fans nearby who claim "Manc bastard" was the only thing shouted.

13 minutes ago

No #LFC fans were arrested on Kop tonight. Three were ejected, but this was unrelated to the #Adeyemi incident. I was there & spoke to cops

11 minutes ago

There were black and Asian fans near the fan who hurled abuse at #Adeyemi, I didn't see them react to the fan. #LFC stewards didn't react

4 minutes ago

MirrorFootball MirrorFootball

Liverpool rocked by new race row as fan is arrested over abuse of black Oldham player: bit.ly/zEEHvM

15 minutes ago

Retweeted by NickParrottBBC

@MirrorFootball you're lying - I was near the incident!

3 minutes ago

Something definitely happened because Adeyemi was in bits over it. I don't know if it was abuse or whether something was thrown at him, but either way, it was not what was needed after having the club in the headlines for all the wrong reasons recently. The fans who were involved have no place at the club. Oldham had made all their subs by then, and it looked as though players from both sides, plus the referee, were trying to calm Adeyemi down. Soon afterwards he went in on Flanagan and was only given yellow, presumably because the ref felt he was in a state.

The club need to come out with an unequivocal statement saying how unacceptable this sort of thing is, and that they're dealing with it properly. If the ref needs to put it in his report, the club need to know what's likely to happen from thereon in. If for no other reason than to make sure we are ahead on the PR side.

EDIT: Also, once play resumed, what were the crowd singing? I don't know if it was Liverpool or Oldham fans, and the words weren't very clear on my stream, but it didn't sound like "one Gary Ablett. There's only one Gary Ablett" like before kick-off. It was more like "one [unknown word] bastard."

The mirror are loving it. Cunts.

When I looked at it earlier there were 2 comments, one saying that it was a disgrace, fans are cunts etc. The other was saying that the mirror had it all wrong and someone actually threw a coin. Both comments have been deleted...it's like fucking RAWK.

However, the "likes" on facebook for this article are increasing exponentially...County Road Computer Sales will be doing a roaring trade in new mice this Saturday.

Something definitely happened because Adeyemi was in bits over it. I don't know if it was abuse or whether something was thrown at him, but either way, it was not what was needed after having the club in the headlines for all the wrong reasons recently. The fans who were involved have no place at the club. Oldham had made all their subs by then, and it looked as though players from both sides, plus the referee, were trying to calm Adeyemi down. Soon afterwards he went in on Flanagan and was only given yellow, presumably because the ref felt he was in a state.

The club need to come out with an unequivocal statement saying how unacceptable this sort of thing is, and that they're dealing with it properly. If the ref needs to put it in his report, the club need to know what's likely to happen from thereon in. If for no other reason than to make sure we are ahead on the PR side.

All good points.

But I cannot believe this has happened. I am fucking seething.

Nobody reacted in or around the incident, he was clearly upset but maybe he has misheard.

The confusion/problem is that he reacted when the fans were singing Luis Suarez and a few seemed to think that was the reason for his reaction, which is why he was booed. I feel for the lad, and it just goes to show the situation and the climate at the moment.

And if the Mirror has done that, and having someone from the BBC is good, then they should be banned from the club, and banned from entering the ground and that includes Brian Reade as well.

We should all be careful here not to jump the gun and not give the media any more excuse to go after us.

Nobody knows what was says, the police have apparently confirmed nobody was arrested. Some fans are claiming he reacted to Luis Suarez chants which if he did is on him, its not the fault of the fans if he mistakenly thinks thats aimed at him.

So until he either speaks and makes an accusation or somebody else raises anything lets not give the journos anything else to feed off. Already Ollie "Its ok to call someone Black Cunt" Holt is weighing claiming theres a racial element.

Where his info's coming from, I'm not holding my breath for him to reveal.

We have a serious crisis on our hands. Right or wrong, we have to face up to that. Racism is going to be thrown at us left right and centre.

Someone at the club needs to calm things down. Make no mistake the t-shirts will be thrown at us too - Guardian is reporting that the fans who allegedly threw the abuse were wearing Suarez t-shirts similar to the ones our players wore.

Fuck my life.

The sight of a black player in tears on our pitch, being booed by the crowd, remonstrating with some of our fans - can anything be more horrific in this week of all weeks?

If anyone has abused the lad, I want them skinned alive.

The climate and atmosphere around things at the moment is poisonous - everyone needs to calm the fuck down.

I am sensing a double standard.

I was in the Kop and it's clear that something was serious was said to the lad because he was livid and clearly distressed for a good few minutes, even Stevie and Dirk had to go and speak to him.

I don't want to speculate but my first thoughts were that something racist was said. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see. If so, the absolute cunts responsible should be banned for life. Just what we need now. And to the tits around the back of the Kop booing the lad and singing "are you Evra in disguise?"...Nice touch, fuckin arseholes. More great press for our club eh. This is just what we fucking need now.

The Kop was full of dick heads tonight. "Who are ya" got a loud airing after our penno, jester hats all over the place. Embarrassing.

We have a serious crisis on our hands. Right or wrong, we have to face up to that. Racism is going to be thrown at us left right and centre.

Someone at the club needs to calm things down. Make no mistake the t-shirts will be thrown at us too - Guardian is reporting that the fans who allegedly threw the abuse were wearing Suarez t-shirts similar to the ones our players wore.

Fuck my life.

No we don't. The media have it in for us. That's not a crisis. Stop being such a drama queen.