You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New years eve/day other games

Red Banjo

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best defence in the league. Gerrard to come back to full fitness. Come Tuesday, we would have played all of the teams above us away from home already, apart from United. Unbeaten at home. Creating chances left, right and centre in games. Just need to convert them. Signs of that changing against Newcastle.

I'm not saying we're going to win the league. But, if people are ruling Arsenal and Chelsea in the title race, you have to do the same for us. Obviously, losing Suarez could lessen our chances, but you have to factor the African nations cup in for Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

All I know is, I'm not giving up hope after 19 games. Marathon, not a sprint.

We're too far off, and regardless of that, I tink today's result has made it much harder to expect anything out of City. Coming back to a huge home game will be exactly what they want, and teams of that quality don't make a habit of losing twice in three days.

Well that all depends on tuesdays result and its always nice to break a habit. If we get the right result 8 points is nowhere near being to far away. The major problem is the amount of teams who will suddenly be right in the hunt

Best defence in the league. Gerrard to come back to full fitness. Come Tuesday, we would have played all of the teams above us away from home already, apart from United. Unbeaten at home. Creating chances left, right and centre in games. Just need to convert them. Signs of that changing against Newcastle.

I'm not saying we're going to win the league. But, if people are ruling Arsenal and Chelsea in the title race, you have to do the same for us. Obviously, losing Suarez could lessen our chances, but you have to factor the African nations cup in for Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

Thats massive, we just need to start doing the job against the 'lesser' teams

I consider it a two-horse race between the manc clubs, with Man U firm favourites.

I would love to be wrong.

Thats massive, we just need to start doing the job against the 'lesser' teams

And if we start doing the job against lesser teams, we will stop slipping further away from the top in the second half of the season. But making up 11 points in 19 games on Man Utd. is too much imo.

United, who lost at home to the team bottom of the league? They are shite and are where they are because teams are scared to have a go at them. They will drop more points, starting on Wednesday to Newcastle.

I'm sure they will drop more points, just like we will.

The City defense will have 48 hours to recover after a soul-crushing loss in injury time in match they should have won - but rue miss chances. We're coming off a long-awaited win, our captain is back and we'll have Suarez available too. Hopefully Maxi has been rested for this, Bellamy will be up for a sustained attack on the club that let him go for nothing. I think we should go there ready to give them a torrid time at the Etihad.

Guest San Don

Well yes, we'd all (?) like to believe a win tuesday would put is in the mix but the reality is the team to benefit from the festive games is spurs.

And god, do I hate that little hob goblin.

Well yes, we'd all (?) like to believe a win tuesday would put is in the mix but the reality is the team to benefit from the festive games is spurs.

And god, do I hate that little hob goblin.

The reality is if we beat them tues we are 8 points behind with half the season remaining, plus another 5 teams within shooting distance. You can spin it anyway you want but it would be nice to be in with a shout (however remote) with 10 games to go.