You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Sport - Liverpool sign Jordon Ibe from Wycombe Wanderers

Ibe was 10 days short of his 16th birthday when he scored his first senior goal.

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Wycombe's 16-year-old forward Jordon Ibe for an undisclosed fee.

Ibe was only 15 when he made his senior debut for Wanderers earlier this season in a League Cup tie against Colchester.

And he went on to score his first professional goal, following a superb run and finish, in a 2-1 loss to Sheffield Wednesday two months ago.

"It's a fantastic move for him," Chairboys boss Gary Waddock told the club website.

"He's a phenomenal talent which is why we gave him a chance to show what he can do at first-team level.

"Obviously we wanted to keep him, but we didn't want to stand in the way of an opportunity he deserves.

"I have no doubt in my mind that he will go on to become a big star and I will be keeping a close eye on his progress."

South London-born Ibe joined Wanderers as a 12-year-old after being released by Charlton and leaves after making 11 appearances for the club.

Meanwhile, in a busy day at Adams Park, Wycombe have extended the loan spell of Fulham striker Marcello Trotta and released winger Kevin Betsy by mutual consent.

Trotta, 19, has scored in all three of his Chairboys appearances and will stay until the clash at Preston on 14 January.

Betsy, who was limited to six appearances this term, brings to an end his second Wycombe spell.

The 33-year-old played for Wanderers between 2005 and 2007 before rejoining them two years ago.

[YOUTUBE]Uz4xny4OuaM[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 year later...

Hopefully as a sub, because I think he has looked a little bit weary in both the U21s and the Youth Cup recently.

Even though the game has nothing riding on it, I would hate for the team and coaches to take it lightly like some training exercise. It's an opportunity for the team to fill their boots and bum the opposition silly, but they've got to want to do so. The attitude displayed in matches that have nothing riding on them is a significant pointer as to the attitude of the players as a whole. Give them the opportunity to not give a toss and that becomes very difficult to get rid of.

None of this is meant to be a slight on Ibe, who has been pretty impressive this season. My point is that putting him into a team which isn't all that arsed will do absolutely nothing to help his development.

He's meant to be making his debut today.

Absolute madness if he does. He's nowhere near ready, and is struggling with the adjustment to u21 level and is looking jaded. He's got fantastic potential but it'll do him no favours to throw him in too early...and would weaken today's team. I want us to finish up on a high, especially with it being a big day for Carra, we should be fielding our strongest possible team.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He's meant to be making his debut today.

Great if true. 20 minutes at the end will be a good experience for the boy.

Absolute madness if he does. He's nowhere near ready, and is struggling with the adjustment to u21 level and is looking jaded. He's got fantastic potential but it'll do him no favours to throw him in too early...and would weaken today's team. I want us to finish up on a high, especially with it being a big day for Carra, we should be fielding our strongest possible team.

I doubt playing Jordon Ibe sometime during the game will make much of a difference as to whether we do or don't beat QPR to be honest with you.

ha ha arm chair managers always know better.

a nothing game, if he gets on at some point great, wont hinder his progress in the slightest.