You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Did very well today and got an assist. He was lively and committed, not least when making that recovery challenge near the dug-out after chasing back from the QPR penalty area. Excellent debut performance.

I'm more pleased that the team showed a desire and commitment to try and score goals rather than phone in a performance in a game with nothing more than 3 points at stake. If we'd had a few passengers, it would have made Ibe look ineffectual because he'd constantly be looking up to see very few passing options and this would inevitably result in him playing safe all the time rather than doing what he's good at. That was my concern with my earlier comments and I'm glad to say it never materialised.

ha ha arm chair managers always know better.

a nothing game, if he gets on at some point great, wont hinder his progress in the slightest.

Quite happy to be proven wrong when a Liverpool player exceeds my expectations. As for being an armchair manager, fair enough, but at least I actually went to the game (and every home game this year, and the year before that etc etc).

I saw the tracking back but cannot find a video or a gif it anywhere.

It looks like there is a re-run of the match on LFC TV this evening, although I am not sure how you get that if you haven't got it (as it were).

It was a great piece of work, made Granero (?) look like he was treading water.

Who was playing right side for QPR in the second half? The lad who threw a paddy and got booked when he didn't get a free-kick. He looked very, very, very quick indeed.

Quite happy to be proven wrong when a Liverpool player exceeds my expectations. As for being an armchair manager, fair enough, but at least I actually went to the game (and every home game this year, and the year before that etc etc).

delighted for ye champ, entitled to you're opinion in all but the hysterics were a bit ott.

Something which I really like about Rodgers is how he has dealt with the youth players. In the past we have thrown all the youth players in the team together in a league cup game and if they came up against someone decent that would be it.

The QPR game was a nothing game. He could have thrown quite a few of the youth players on or even none at all. Instead he did the right thing. He looks like the most talented to have not played so he stuck him in, protected by the fact he was playing with 10 regulars and he was great.

The benefit mentally next time he plays is worth it. He's knows he can do it now. We seen it benefit Henderson this season and hopefully Sterling will kick on next season benefitting from the minutes he got this season.

It all has a knock on effect to our whole youth system as well. It's now attainable for them to get in the first team which motivates them all just that little bit more.

Something which I really like about Rodgers is how he has dealt with the youth players. In the past we have thrown all the youth players in the team together in a league cup game and if they came up against someone decent that would be it.

The QPR game was a nothing game. He could have thrown quite a few of the youth players on or even none at all. Instead he did the right thing. He looks like the most talented to have not played so he stuck him in, protected by the fact he was playing with 10 regulars and he was great.

The benefit mentally next time he plays is worth it. He's knows he can do it now. We seen it benefit Henderson this season and hopefully Sterling will kick on next season benefitting from the minutes he got this season.

It all has a knock on effect to our whole youth system as well. It's now attainable for them to get in the first team which motivates them all just that little bit more.

Agree with that. Whilst not being world-beaters yet by any means, the likes of Sterling, Wisdom and Ibe have shown the other academy players that the leap to holding your own at Premier League level isn't as far as they may have thought 2-3 years ago when your only first team chances were home games against League 2 opposition in the League Cup.

Well said, fully agree, the encouragement he gives to the youth players is top class.