You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today's games

Red Banjo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one hoping Arsenal get a result here?

It would mean that we're only 10 points off the top when we were 12 points off before the weekend, and 15 points before last weekend.

If you've given up on the title after a third of the season and want a City win to "cement 5th place" you're a bunch of chickenshits.

Am I the only one hoping Arsenal get a result here?

It would mean that we're only 10 points off the top when we were 12 points off before the weekend, and 15 points before last weekend.

If you've given up on the title after a third of the season and want a City win to "cement 5th place" you're a bunch of chickenshits.

Strontium Dog often talks utter bubbles, but this ^ I fully agree with. Christmas is vital though. We need to win all our games ideally and hope teams above us drop a few points and we are right back in the hunt. Best defence in the league, dominating teams, much improved away form. Just need to be more clinical and cut out the silly home draws and we're bang in there.

At the start of the season, I think.

Who actually thought they'd have no chance of top four?

You would have to be pretty deluded not to think that they're a substantially better team than us at present - we're relying on Chelsea and Arsenal slipping up, that's our only realistic route into the top four this season. Spurs are almost as nailed on as Man Utd.

Its called being realistic.

The inability to put away Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland etc will be the difference between finishing top and finishing 4th.

Basically yeah, us catching City or United is pretty unlikely, unless maybe we sign a real proper quality attacking player in January.

Us finishing 4th ahead of Arsenal or Chelsea is very possible though.

And even though they are looking shit hot at the minute we can definitely catch Spurs given 1 or 2 results going in our favour.

I don't think Spurs are much better than us, but theres definitely an element of our fanbase living in cloud cookoo land thinking we're better than them. I think a balanced view would be they are slightly better than us right now mainly down to the fact they can kill off teams a bit better.

But hopefully we are starting to turn the tide in that respect.

I don't think Spurs are much better than us, but theres definitely an element of our fanbase living in cloud cookoo land thinking we're better than them. I think a balanced view would be they are slightly better than us right now mainly down to the fact they can kill off teams a bit better.

But hopefully we are starting to turn the tide in that respect.

I think they're better by a decent margin due to the fact that they've finished above us for two seasons in a row and are currently five points and a game in had ahead of us. It's not an insurmountable margin with a bit of hard work and the addition of a genuine finisher, but I think it would be remiss for us to think that there's not a healthy gap between the two sides at present.

I think we were substantially better than Villa and Everton when we were separated from them by only a place or two a few seasons back.

I think they're better by a decent margin due to the fact that they've finished above us for two seasons in a row and are currently five points and a game in had ahead of us. It's not an insurmountable margin with a bit of hard work and the addition of a genuine finisher, but I think it would be remiss for us to think that there's not a healthy gap between the two sides at present.

I think we were substantially better than Villa and Everton when we were separated from them by only a place or two a few seasons back.

I know what you're saying but I think we're not far off them, they just score more goals right now.

But I mainly think we can catch them because I'm almost certain they'll drop points, enough for us to catch them if we keep the pace. We'll drop points too, but we can win enough to catch them.

Or at least we'll have to.

Spurs were appalling there, undeserved win. Ah well.

Isn't that the point? Mancs have been doing it for years, sneaking 3 points when they deserve fuck all from the game. We do the opposite, which is what needs to change if we are going to be serious about our ambitions.

Isn't that the point? Mancs have been doing it for years, sneaking 3 points when they deserve fuck all from the game. We do the opposite, which is what needs to change if we are going to be serious about our ambitions.

Yep. We've played better than today this season and got less than 3pts.