You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rory Donnelly

Carradona

Liverpool have joined the host of clubs keen on signing the striker Rory Donnelly from Cliftonville. Swansea City have had a £100,000 bid for the 19-year-old accepted by the Cliftonville board and Everton have also held talks with representatives of Donnelly, who has scored 17 goals this season.

The Cliftonville chairman, Gerard Lawlor, said: "It's not every day you get Kenny Dalglish ringing you and asking how the Reds got on at the weekend.

"He made it clear that Liverpool want to sign him and that they would be back in touch."

Liverpool are close to completing the signing of Wycombe Wanderers' prodigious 16-year-old talent, Jordon Ibe. The striker has attracted interest from both Manchester clubs and Chelsea this season, among others, but is believed to have agreed terms on a move to Anfield.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get all this "He might think he'd get more chances elsewhere" talk. How many teenagers has Kenny given first team appearances to over the last year? He's quite obviously backing youth in a big way, both from within the club and from the transfer market. If Kenny Dalglish wanted me to sign for Liverpool, I'd join in a flash no matter who I supported. Regular football doesn't compensate for missing out on being managed by a genius or training alongside one.

it's without doubt an abysmal standard, that league. But it doesn't matter what level you're playing at if you're scoring goals of that calibre @ 1.15 in that video!

Even just in training on your own, with no defenders at all, if you're scoirng goals like that then you've still got something going for you!

Gotta be worth a week's wages for someone like Gerrard hasn't it?

I don't get all this "He might think he'd get more chances elsewhere" talk. How many teenagers has Kenny given first team appearances to over the last year? He's quite obviously backing youth in a big way, both from within the club and from the transfer market. If Kenny Dalglish wanted me to sign for Liverpool, I'd join in a flash no matter who I supported. Regular football doesn't compensate for missing out on being managed by a genius or training alongside one.

But it could be the best part of a year before Lucas is training again.

Now confirmed From Wycombe's site:

Jordon Ibe has joined Premier League side Liverpool.

The 16-year-old, a prodigious talent from Wycombe's thriving youth system, completed his move today after an agreement was reached between the two clubs.

"It's a fantastic move for him," said Gary Waddock. "He's a phenomenal talent which is why we gave him a chance to show what he can do at first-team level.

"Obviously we wanted to keep him, but we didn't want to stand in the way of an opportunity he deserves.

"I have no doubt in my mind that he will go on to become a big star and I will be keeping a close eye on his progress.

"I would like to wish him and his family all the best for the future."

Ibe is the latest in a long line of players who have used their time at Adams Park as a springboard to further their careers, following the likes of Russ Martin (Norwich), Roger Johnson (Wolves), Mike Williamson (Newcastle) and Matt Phillips (Blackpool) to the higher echelons of English football.

The attacker has shot to stardom this season, becoming the youngest ever player to represent the Blues in the Football League and the youngest ever scorer for the club in its 124-year history.

Born in Bermondsey, South London, Ibe arrived at Adams Park as a 12-year-old after being released by Charlton Athletic.

After two superb seasons in the club's youth team, Jordon burst onto the scene in the first team's opening pre-season friendly of the summer, scoring a wonder goal in the 5-0 win at Staines Town.

He made his senior debut in the Carling Cup clash with Colchester United in August, aged just 15 years and 244 days, and scored a stunning individual goal on his first ever professional start in the npower League 1 fixture with Sheffield Wednesday in October.