You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6.30pm: Man U v LFC live

BringbackBiscan

Can't even be arsed watching the reserves these days, I've lost all interest in them this season. They're really uninspiring. Not particularly enamoured with the 18s either, but the reserve side worries me a lot as most of these lads looked class at u18 level. They've ALL gone backward this year from what I've seen.

Can't even be arsed watching the reserves these days, I've lost all interest in them this season. They're really uninspiring. Not particularly enamoured with the 18s either, but the reserve side worries me a lot as most of these lads looked class at u18 level. They've ALL gone backward this year from what I've seen.

I watched the first half and I think a lot of our reserves are overated.

I mean we don't need loads of them to break through just one or two stars are better than a team full of very good players. We saw that when we beat City in the under 18 cup a few years ago, we had the better team - but only Spearing has broken though.

That City team had Richards and Onoagh (Can't spell his name) and they reaped the rewards more than us.

I can only see Wisdom, Coady, Sterling, Morgan, Flanagan, Robinson and Suso having the potential to get into the first team and saying that I can't see all of them doing it.

Can see Coady or Flanagan breaking past all the competition they have ahead of them. Sme goes for Wisdom.

Morgan, Suso and Sterling probably have the best chance, given we are short of attacking talent at the moment.

Suso has definitely improved since the second half of last year from what I've seen over the last month or so.

I think many of them are at the stage now where they need competitive football. Hopefully the Soutend game will give one or two a platform.

Suso has definitely improved since the second half of last year from what I've seen over the last month or so.

I think many of them are at the stage now where they need competitive football. Hopefully the Soutend game will give one or two a platform.

We got Oldham mate

Yeah in the last few weeks Suso has looked more like the player he was when he first got here. Back then I was sure he would make it, but he didn't kick on from that and started to stagnate.

I'd like to seem him go on loan somewhere.

I think the 18s aren't up to much save for a couple of players like Dunn and Mclaughlan. That Swansea defeat in our first game in the Youth Cup was an absolute shambles.

The reserves have done well considering. Bear in mind they're up against teams full of players well into their 20s. The Mancs had Gibson, Diouf and Macheda plus a few very good youth prospects and we matched them in the first half and just collapsed after the goal with 10 men. Wigan the other week had Rodallega and a few other first team players in and we beat them 5-1. We need the likes of Shelvey or Spearing and Coates in there to make us more solid. Players like Michael Roberts and Nathan Eccleston are just not good enough, but keep playing.

If we could get a run of games with Robinson, Flanagan and Wisdom at the back in their proper positions - Wisdom alongside Coates, Sama or Wilson - then we'd be more solid. Sterling hasn't made the step up too well yet. Coady doesn't really stand out that well at this level like Pogba or Morrison do for the Mancs. Other than Sterling our best reserve prospects are defenders.

Our forwards just aren't good enough at the moment.

Wouldn't like to see Sama or Adorjan drop out, both have probably been the two players to take the step up without a dip in their game (Wisdom and Silva - who pretty much came straight in at this level - aside) and both are coming along well.

I think Coady looks fine at this level, bit unfair to compare him to Morrison and Pogba when he's been given such an emphasis on defensive responsibilty in comparsion. I still think Coady and Suso could both fit in at Championship clubs already (Wisdom too, but I think he's the closest to the first team right now), both physically ready and both have the technical ability, the only question would be the adaptation to a quicker thought process. I'm still holding out a vain hope that Holloway might give Suso a chance now he's lost Jonjo.

Can't really disagree with any of that. Definitely need another forward, and I'd like to see Silva getting more starts.

Silva's one of the few who had kicked on a bit this season, but he's hardly kicked a ball for a few months.

Interesting point you make about players in the reserves going backwards this season. Certainly not many have pushed on. Suso has improved but then he wasn't much use for half of last season. I think Adjorjan's been a bit disappointing for most of the season. He was a class act in the 18s. To be fair to Sterling he's only just turned 17.

What always annoys me about the reserves, or the 18s, is there's always a couple of players in the team who just aren't any good. Sometimes as a team you're only as good as your weakest player.

I think the 18s aren't up to much save for a couple of players like Dunn and Mclaughlan. That Swansea defeat in our first game in the Youth Cup was an absolute shambles.

The reserves have done well considering. Bear in mind they're up against teams full of players well into their 20s. The Mancs had Gibson, Diouf and Macheda plus a few very good youth prospects and we matched them in the first half and just collapsed after the goal with 10 men. Wigan the other week had Rodallega and a few other first team players in and we beat them 5-1. We need the likes of Shelvey or Spearing and Coates in there to make us more solid. Players like Michael Roberts and Nathan Eccleston are just not good enough, but keep playing.

If we could get a run of games with Robinson, Flanagan and Wisdom at the back in their proper positions - Wisdom alongside Coates, Sama or Wilson - then we'd be more solid. Sterling hasn't made the step up too well yet. Coady doesn't really stand out that well at this level like Pogba or Morrison do for the Mancs. Other than Sterling our best reserve prospects are defenders.

Our forwards just aren't good enough at the moment.

I agree with most of that. I have only really been impressed with Dunn for the under 18s.

I think you are a tad harsh on Sterling though. Whenever I have watched him this season for the reserves or in the Nextgen, he is double marked as the opposition really fear him. Not easy for him when he has two players on him the whole time. That's why I can't wait to see him get a chance in the first team, as he won't be as heavily marked, as the fosuc will be mainly on Gerrard, Suarez etc, not him. One on one, with his pace and skill he can trouble any full back. But when double marked it is not easy for any wide player.

Suso has not had a good calender year, but I agree with Dave he has looked better the last couple of weeks. I thought he was the best player on the pitch until he got sent off. I think he prefers playing central and has been shunted out wide right, which has taken him time to get used to that position.

He probably does need a loan as Dave says, but we have to be careful and give him the right club, as it could be crucial in his development. He needs a club which gives him enough minutes, where he plays in a team that play passing football (which suits his style) and against better players. Not sure which club would do that - maybe Blackpool, where Shelvey has flourished?!

Totally agree that we should be beefing up our reserve side though with Spearing, Shelvey, Robinson (if fit), Coates type players. Roberts, Sama types aren't helping the development of Sterling etc as they need to be playing alongside better players. But I also think we should strengthen the nextgen team - I'd put Kelly, Robinson, Flanagan and Shelvey in that team to help them progress.

Silva's one of the few who had kicked on a bit this season, but he's hardly kicked a ball for a few months.

Interesting point you make about players in the reserves going backwards this season. Certainly not many have pushed on. Suso has improved but then he wasn't much use for half of last season. I think Adjorjan's been a bit disappointing for most of the season. He was a class act in the 18s. To be fair to Sterling he's only just turned 17.

What always annoys me about the reserves, or the 18s, is there's always a couple of players in the team who just aren't any good. Sometimes as a team you're only as good as your weakest player.

I think the reserves would be better making a choice between Adorjan and Suso and making one first choice in the free role and have Silva and Sterling the wide players. Think Silva deserves to be playing and Suso doesn't look comfortable out wide or half as effective as he is central. I'd have Suso playing central everyday of the week over Adorjan.

Guest San Don

Got to agree with that Dave although I think suso was a tit for bringing his feet up in that challenge. OK lino and ref were harsh but he just shouldnt have done it.

Marsh looks out of his depth even at U18 level. Teams like swansea shouldnt be beating our best 3 nil at that level even if they have home advantage.

Not impressed with borrello's offerings this season either. In next gen 2 we've looked out classed in almost every game.

End of season review there needs to be some tough decisions taken especially seeing as we appear to be putting our faith in buying a lot of youth players to bring through to the first team.

Got to agree with that Dave although I think suso was a tit for bringing his feet up in that challenge. OK lino and ref were harsh but he just shouldnt have done it.

I don't think Suso did anything wrong. Momentum bought his feet up, like it does to most people when they fall over. But he didn't lash out or go towards the player at all, it was just unlucky that he caught him.

Thought it was a dreadful decision and it ruined the game which was very close up until that point.

suso30fernandez suso30fernandez

Good news today. I can play 2morrow against Fulham!!! Yeeeeeeeehhh!! Really happy !

I assume this means the red card was overturned?

Not impressed with borrello's offerings this season either. In next gen 2 we've looked out classed in almost every game.

Getting reamed by Sporting Lisbon in both matches were painful. Our lack of attention to the little details and lack of efficiency in attacks had certainly been exposed.