You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Games you played as a kid?

POOOS

We used to link arms and recruit kids to make up the numbers singing:

"Who' s playing (insert particular game)":

Kick the can

Arlarleo (sp)

Tick

Cowboys and Indians

War

Jumps on the Brolla

Then the footy based ones:

3 and in

60 seconds (could only score with headers)

Heady tennis (with a tennis ball)

Or a proper game with about 40 aside.

Till I left the Priesthood.

That was German Bastards to me. (Not sure if Walton Reds verson of German bastards was the same).

We also used to do that strange yodle sound to call everybody in if somebody had to go in for tea or smoething.

yeah that was german bastards.

yeah we always used to do that yodle thing "youowouwuwouw!" and the hand cliking thing ali g soon made famous that i could never quite master.

Where would one acquire a "bomdy"?

any abandoned house/shop old building or building site was a bomdy

Of course,who can forget the game that used to be played almost without interruption on Merseysides almost trafficless streets back in the 60s and 70s.

i played the very interrupted version on Liverpool's busy streets of the late 90's early 0's

(50 points for one over a car- which never happened)

Guest davelfc

Best Man dead, you'd line up on a wall and a person below would ask how you wanted to die. You would say for example 'bow and arrow' and the asker would pretend to shoot you with an arrow. You would then ham up the best death scene, clutching you chest as you fell off the wall and the winner (the best ham) would be the one asking next. I ruined it often by saying 'asbestosis'

Kanckerades. (knacker raids) Two opposing sides both armed with clumps of hard mud (no stones allowed) and just throwing them at each other from a distance until one kid was almost blinded.

Best Man dead, you'd line up on a wall and a person below would ask how you wanted to die. You would say for example 'bow and arrow' and the asker would pretend to shoot you with an arrow. You would then ham up the best death scene, clutching you chest as you fell off the wall and the winner (the best ham) would be the one asking next. I ruined it often by saying 'asbestosis'

Kanckerades. (knacker raids) Two opposing sides both armed with clumps of hard mud (no stones allowed) and just throwing them at each other from a distance until one kid was almost blinded.

I'd forgotten about best man dead. I remember doing it off about a 5ft wall near ours,it was good fun.

Manhunt obviously, twat the Kangaroo (nominated person is Kangaroo and everyone chases him kicking shit out of the back of his legs trying to trip him up). Soggy boggy, (throwing wet toilet rolls at peoples windows) nick knock (knocking and run).

Haha, used to play that too but with tampons we would nick from a cupboard in Home Ec. Dip them in puddles let them expand and you had a little piece of string so you could spin it and get extra purchase.