You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Enjoyed the first two albums, then personally found they offered nothing new until the new album, which I find to be poor attempt at trying to be big stadium band.

No hatred just find them to be boring a fuck.

Same here, they bore the tits off me. I saw them live at the shoreline amphitheater in 2003 and it was a brilliant show.

As I can't do it right now, please neg yourself to oblivion for this holocaust of an opinon.

Tia.

no, because 1-2-3-4 was one of the most irritating pieces of shite ever. And if you disagree with that, you're going to get dry-negged hard. I've got her latest album, and it's better than previous, but still a bit meh. I do like her version of Secret Heart though.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Go and drive your Ford Focus with your 2.4 brats in the back. Get a drive thru maccy ds on the way back from the giant ASDA, in your superdry t shirt and park up at your barratt home. And then watch "goals on Sunday" followed later by an all new Simpsons. To a coldplay

soundtrack. repeat, fade and die.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Go and drive your Ford Focus with your 2.4 brats in the back. Get a drive thru maccy ds on the way back from the giant ASDA, in your superdry t shirt and park up at your barratt home. And then watch "goals on Sunday" followed later by an all new Simpsons. To a coldplay

soundtrack. repeat, fade and die.

Sounds like a nice day out, to be honest. You're right, though; they're nowhere near as good as [insert band who nobody has ever heard of but you listen to because your cool mate in the drainpipes said they were amazing].

I find that exciting music challenges my existing perceptions of what i do/don't find enjoyable as well bringing something new to its own genre. Coldplay does neither.

To be honest I think both are pretty ordinary.

I havent got a single song by either in my music collection of about 2000 songs so that sums them both up for me.

Taste in music is a very personal thing.

I thought you said that 'music is mainly background music to jog along to'. Surely 'ordinary' music would be ideal.

I don't often agree with TK, and it feels kind of wrong, but he is right here. Coldplay is the musical equivalent of chick-lit written by a bloke. We all need brainless lowest common denominator music from time to time. That's why JayZ and Tina Charles exist. If you're going chick lit, make sure it's written by a chick, because otherwise it'll be the wrong sort of shit.

Radiohead were a great band. They've since gone a bit shit, but they are liable to knock out an interesting tune or two still. While there are still a few people in the world that Thom Yorke hasn't collaborated with or covered, the possibilities are still there.

I wonder if Monty thinks they've gone a bit shit?

Radiohead, although not my cup of tea, at least try to challenge their audience instead of just stacking it high and selling it cheap. Thom Whatsit could easily pen another ten "Creep"s but to his credit he's left that temptation alone, and the band has benefited.