Quantcast
Leona Fucking Lewis - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
DPW

Leona Fucking Lewis

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Nine Inch Nails don't do much for me, so I guess that's why their version isn't high on the list.

She the music equivalent of shit on toast. very dire and annoying is a very bad combination. Should have sent her too Guantanamo bay years ago.

What next? Olly Murs covering March Of The Pigs? Wand Erection taking on So What?

Someone please make it stop.

You can't. Bovine Britain laps this shit up and will buy whatever Cowell and his disciples of the banal tell them to buy.

Tbh the notes used on the piano where more in tune with the NIN version than the Cash one. Both great imho (Not LL version obviously)

I thought they were excellent chords/notes and very haunting keeping it line with NIN.

Don't see the issue with someone covering a tune, the person who sings it probably can't relate to the true meaning of the song anyway, and someone like Leona Lewis will probably never be in a position to.

Cash's version is raw and depicts a time in his life were he is coming to the end, and you feel that and it hits you inside.

Lewis's version is pop orientated and suits her miserable style of song choice. It wasn't bad. No need for all the hate going on.

The day is fast approaching when every famous person in Britain will have been through some kind of Cowell shiteness academy. Already his tv show products like Diversity, JLS, Boyle et al constitute the bulk of the acts on things like Children in Need and the Royal Variety Performance. It's hugely distressing.

The day is fast approaching when every famous person in Britain will have been through some kind of Cowell shiteness academy. Already his tv show products like Diversity, JLS, Boyle et al constitute the bulk of the acts on things like Children in Need and the Royal Variety Performance. It's hugely distressing.

The likes of Reznor and last year Biffy give Cowell's record company the green light for these covers, so hard to single him out. Lewis' career has stiffed so she's fallen back on singing alt covers (she's covered Iris too) - probably because she's had a personality by-pass.

Next will probably be Matt Cardle doing Where Is My Mind? (tho I like the cover used in the Thomson ad)

Who's Leona Lewis?

That's a fucking good point sir.

While we're on bad covers, I've wanted to kill the living shit out of the scissor sisters since I heard the utter abomination that is their cover of Comfortably Numb.

Writing there own material would require them to be musicians though and not all sound the same after the autotune machine has worked its magical wonders.

I love the Johnny Cash version. I wish the X Factor would leave these songs alone. Here's a novel thought, write original songs!

One of them is going to bastardise Damien Rice "cannonball" tonight, cunts

Well, that's Johnny Cash turning in his grave, and if Trent Reznor has any ears, he'll be on his way to her house in order to eviscerate her and hang her with her own entrails.

She's got a lovely face, though. But shit legs and a big arse.

Well, that's Johnny Cash turning in his grave, and if Trent Reznor has any ears, he'll be on his way to her house in order to eviscerate her and hang her with her own entrails.

She's got a lovely face, though. But shit legs and a big arse.

Well Reznor will be getting royalties so I doubt he's that arsed.

Jesus fucking wept.

I've just heard this wank on the radio, how the fuck was that allowed to happen?

I'm straight down the clap clinic first thing in the morning as I've no doubt not got a dose in my ears.

I've managed to avoid hearing whatever abomination this is. Accidentally heard Susan Boyle's cover of Enjoy The Silence on a t.v ad last week and still havent fully recovered.