You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

life Wins

Ginny

Got a new washing-machine today and the delivery men left the trolley.  WHen I called up about it, they said "we're 30 miles away, just keep it."

This is turning into a wonderful day.

37652750_10155457215212019_7592477786678

Not sure about the swastika floor tiling to be honest

• Upvote 1

Got a new washing-machine today and the delivery men left the trolley.  WHen I called up about it, they said "we're 30 miles away, just keep it."

This is turning into a wonderful day.

37652750_10155457215212019_7592477786678

I remember once I bought a TV for about £600 from Argos and it wasn't delivered as the right model. I told them and they said that due to the model not being available any more that I would have to order a new TV, would get a refund for the original order and when they deliver the new TV they will take the original away.

Ordered and the van turned up and dropped the new TV off and I told them where the original was and they said they were not under any instruction to take any TV away and as such there is no insurance for them taking a TV away. Ended up selling the original on eBay for £350 as a brand new TV.

Now that was a good day, almost as good as inheriting a trolley mind.

• 2 months later...

Not really a win but finally paying off my credit card. It took a bit of a battering for a few years when the missus was on maternity and we had a spells were things kept breaking  and needed replacing, disposable income seemed to vanish etc. Very easy to run up a bill and just make the minimum payments. Not going to lie the last couple of years it weighed like a millstone that was always in my mind every day. Wasn't even a massive amount compared to other people I hear about but it was my debt and I hated not being able to clear it, not even used the thing in over 12 months.

Now I have cleared and it feels great cutting get the bugger up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

16 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Not really a win but finally paying off my credit card. It took a bit of a battering for a few years when the missus was on maternity and we had a spells were things kept breaking  and needed replacing, disposable income seemed to vanish etc. Very easy to run up a bill and just make the minimum payments. Not going to lie the last couple of years it weighed like a millstone that was always in my mind every day. Wasn't even a massive amount compared to other people I hear about but it was my debt and I hated not being able to clear it, not even used the thing in over 12 months.

Now I have cleared and it feels great cutting get the bugger up.

Bird at my work was telling me about her boyfriend's daughter & her husband, they've run up credit card bills of £26K (she suspects they're being economical with the figure as well).

Your story I can totally understand but these maniacs have been booking 2/3 holidays a year (places like Dubai) & going out on the piss every weekend, fucking idiots & they have three kids as well. I hate being in any sort of debt at all, even paying DFS £30 a month for our sofas has been giving me sleepless nights, thankfully that finishes this month after four years & I'll be debt free.

5 hours ago, Mook said:

Bird at my work was telling me about her boyfriend's daughter & her husband, they've run up credit card bills of £26K (she suspects they're being economical with the figure as well).

Your story I can totally understand but these maniacs have been booking 2/3 holidays a year (places like Dubai) & going out on the piss every weekend, fucking idiots & they have three kids as well. I hate being in any sort of debt at all, even paying DFS £30 a month for our sofas has been giving me sleepless nights, thankfully that finishes this month after four years & I'll be debt free.

Yeah, we have a girl in our work who was similar; ranked up around 20k on a card, always wearing new clothes, two holidays abroad a year despite having two kids under 6 and always out at weekends with "this one".

She cleared it a couple of years ago when they remortgaged their house but she's definitely ran it up again judging by her continuous holidays and other extravagances.

Always made me sleep a little better that one.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Dave D said:

Women at work informs me that you can cook frozen potato waffles in the toaster- just put them down twice.

Tried it- it works perfectly.

Game changer right there  

Why not save time and just chuck 'em straight in the bin.

so many fucking chemicals I'm surprised you don't need a prescription to buy them.

On 1/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, LFD said:

Found a fiver on the pavement outside my house today. The Gods are clearly pleased with me.

I plan to walk into the corner shop like a high roller hitting Vegas, and blow it all on chocolate buttons.

On the isle of man? Someone was probably using it to blow their nose with, before casting it nonchalantly to the gold lined pavement.

On 1/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, LFD said:

Found a fiver on the pavement outside my house today. The Gods are clearly pleased with me.

I plan to walk into the corner shop like a high roller hitting Vegas, and blow it all on chocolate buttons.

20 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

On the isle of man? Someone was probably using it to blow their nose with, before casting it nonchalantly to the gold lined pavement.

9 hours ago, Dave D said:

Women at work informs me that you can cook frozen potato waffles in the toaster- just put them down twice.

Tried it- it works perfectly.

Game changer right there  

I'm stunned that this wasn't abundantly obvious to you in the first place! 

On 1/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, LFD said:

You lying cunt.

Fivers dont just sit on pavements in February, they blow around. You were behind a little old lady in the shop and it dropped out of her handbag didnt it?

4 hours ago, SpartaKus said:

Why not save time and just chuck 'em straight in the bin.

so many fucking chemicals I'm surprised you don't need a prescription to buy them.

Oh right, I take it you only eat organic food and have never eaten anything that was in the slightest bit bad for you.

• Upvote 2

As a rule I dont put icy frozen things in my toaster- but shit just got real- waffles now take around 3 minutes.

For clarity- Im talking potato waffles, not those batter things.

Give it a go Rob- waffle sandwiches all round   

As for the rest of you, Im sure you'll be telling me to roast a chicken with a fucking hairdryer next.

Food nerds    

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dave D said:

As a rule I dont put icy frozen things in my toaster- but shit just got real- waffles now take around 3 minutes.

Give it a go Rob- waffle sandwiches all round   

As for the rest of you, Im sure you'll be telling me to roast a chicken with a fucking hairdryer next.

Food nerds    

For the cool kids you get Mook to ram the chicken up his hoop, then talk to his boss for an hour. Gets a right lovely browning and crispy skin.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I'm going to blow your mind here but the battered waffles can also go in the toaster. So can pop tarts. 

• Upvote 1