You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

life Wins

Ginny

• 3 weeks later...

Just got in from Sunday dinner at my mums. Had a few beers and went upstairs to get my dressing gown on, anticipating a beer or too in front of the telly. No beers in the fridge - gutted.

Remembered the bins need doing so drag them round the front, then remember the packaging from Izzy's bike is in the wife's car. Go back out, open the boot and find a bag of Peroni the wife forgot and left in the car!!

Just got in from Sunday dinner at my mums. Had a few beers and went upstairs to get my dressing gown on, anticipating a beer or too in front of the telly. No beers in the fridge - gutted.

Remembered the bins need doing so drag them round the front, then remember the packaging from Izzy's bike is in the wife's car. Go back out, open the boot and find a bag of Peroni the wife forgot and left in the car!!

Boom

Not sure where to put this. Hope he gets away with it. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38164590

Thief gets away with $1.6m bucket of gold flakes

Police are looking for a thief who managed to carry an 86lb (36kg) bucket of gold flakes worth $1.6m (£1.2m) off a truck in New York.

Surveillance video showed the theft happened in just 20 seconds while the armoured truck was briefly unattended.

The man struggled to carry the gold, taking an hour to lug his loot on a usually 10-minute walk, footage showed.

Authorities believe the man is hiding out in Florida's Orlando or Miami area, but he is still at large.

"I think he just saw an opportunity, took the pail and walked off," said NYPD Detective Martin Pastor, adding he believed the man had no idea what the bucket contained.

The gold was in an unmarked, sealed black metal bucket.

The suspect appeared to be loitering near the truck in busy Midtown Manhattan on 29 September when one of the guards left the truck to make a delivery.

A second guard stepped away to grab his mobile phone from the front seat of the truck when the thief seized the moment and made off with the bucket down West 48th Street.

The man is then seen on video carrying the five-gallon pail through the crowded streets of Manhattan, pausing to catch his breath from the weight of the gold, before he disappeared.

Police described the suspect as a Hispanic male, about 5ft 6in tall, 150lb and between 50 and 60 years old wearing a very large smile.

Haven't heard anything about him getting caught yet. Nice news story of the year, good on him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Fitbit charge broke today, I got in touch with them and they are sending me a Fitbit Charge 2 free of charge. Emboldened by my success I contacted the makers of some pans I bought 10 years ago whose handles are a bit fucked and they are all being replaced under the life time guarantee.

• Upvote 1