You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How boss is Martin Skrtel.

LFC 6 Times

think he has been ace since he got back in the team (didn't see Southampton game aside from highlights so can't comment on that) think once it became obvious we were after a few centre backs this summer we all thought he'd be off but shown great character to get back in and we have some bloody good options there now!

Every Liverpool fan should have none before this season skrtel is a top player as he's shown that for years here.

It was nice to hear Brendan called him in to his office on Friday to praise him, it seemed there was an uneasy relationship there but after all that's happened skrtel has just kept his head down and done his talking on the pitch.Im sure that chat meant a lot to skrtel after it looked like he was being froze out in the summer and is great man management from Rodgers.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome backo Dracco.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincidentially returns at the same time Skrtel gets back in the team :-)

Never gonna be a fan of Skrtel myself, as you Dracco probably will remember! Very happy for him, and I totally respect how he's fought his way back. Also think that he's played quite well for a few games now, but I simply don't think he has enough quality.

I would still probably sell if we got a good bid for him (circa £15 million), but only because we are so well stocked in that department. We have Agger, Toure and Sakho, with Ilori, Wisdom and Lloyd Jones coming through. Plus there is Martin Kelly who can play there if need be.

There's no doubt that he's been very good so far this season though, so I wouldn't exactly be in a hurry to get rid.

Coincidentially returns at the same time Skrtel gets back in the team :-)

Never gonna be a fan of Skrtel myself, as you Dracco probably will remember! Very happy for him, and I totally respect how he's fought his way back. Also think that he's played quite well for a few games now, but I simply don't think he has enough quality.

I read forums every day, but rarely post these days mates.

• 1 year later...

I think it's flown under the radar probably because of how well lots of our players have been doing recently but Skrtel has been excellent.

I think we've seen it's been pretty difficult to play as a centre half in our team but Skrtel has been the best performer there and for a while.  The back 3 seems to suit him as well.  Despite all the fake hard man talk from a while ago I think he is actually pretty tough and his attitude to getting taken off on the weekend showed that.  I wouldn't mind seeing him as captain next season. 

• Upvote 6

Check the player of the season thread, currently 14th I think.

To be fair the Player of the Season thing doesn't actually reward consistency.

You could be the 4th best player in every single game and lose out to someone that was 3rd best in one game and utter shite in all the others.

• Upvote 1

To be fair the Player of the Season thing doesn't actually reward consistency.

You could be the 4th best player in every single game and lose out to someone that was 3rd best in one game and utter shite in all the others.

Also rewards players who play well in shit performances, just look at Lallana's ranking  on the MOTM this season.

I think it's flown under the radar probably because of how well lots of our players have been doing recently but Skrtel has been excellent.

I think we've seen it's been pretty difficult to play as a centre half in our team but Skrtel has been the best performer there and for a while.  The back 3 seems to suit him as well.  Despite all the fake hard man talk from a while ago I think he is actually pretty tough and his attitude to getting taken off on the weekend showed that.  I wouldn't mind seeing him as captain next season. 

I think he's been the stand out defender all season.

He's been a loyal, hardworking servant of the club for a long time - his testimonial will be the next. Has been solid this year, as he was last year - his goals saved us on more than one occasion. Earned the right to be vice-captain, and later captain, imo.