You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Faith and Religion

VladimirIlyich

Just now, Elite said:

Sounds like you've got some skin in the game.

Nope, I just think it's funny he singled out Jews for criticism when it's something that is 85 times more prevalent among Muslims. I suppose at least he's consistent.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Nope, I just think it's funny he singled out Jews for criticism when it's something that is 85 times more prevalent among Muslims. I suppose at least he's consistent.

It’s not like the Muslims haven’t had enough abuse on this thread from people like yourself. Let people read this. They can make thy wit own minds up why I pointed it out whilst discussing religion in general. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_milah

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Shut up Elite, I want to hear more about how dreadful the Jews are.

You’re happy to hear and talk about how dreadful every other religion is? I also said let people read this meaning others. As you well know. It’s mutilation in the name of religion. Regardless of other religions committing the same heinous act. It’s written into Judaism. So why should that not be pointed out? Go on 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

You’re happy to hear and talk about how dreadful every other religion is? I also said let people read this meaning others. As you well know. It’s mutilation in the name of religion. Regardless of other religions committing the same heinous act. It’s written into Judaism. So why should that not be pointed out? Go on 

It was more the fact that you would single Jews out for something of which they're responsible for less than 1% of instances. In fact I'm not sure why you brought it up in the first place, apropos of nothing.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

It was more the fact that you would single Jews out for something of which they're responsible for less than 1% of instances. In fact I'm not sure why you brought it up in the first place, apropos of nothing.

I asked you a question. Circumcision in the name of religion is mutilation as far as I’m concerned. It happens in Judaism. I’ve pointed that out. You point out plenty about other religions. Why? Why are you so precious about Judaism? Why can’t Judaism be criticised just like any other religion? I mean I know you’re selective in your criticism of a lot. I tend to be critical of anything that isn’t right. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I asked you a question. Circumcision in the name of religion is mutilation as far as I’m concerned. It happens in Judaism. I’ve pointed that out. You point out plenty about other religions. Why? Why are you so precious about Judaism? Why can’t Judaism be criticised just like any other religion? I mean I know you’re selective in your criticism of a lot. I tend to be critical of anything that isn’t right. 

I don't support circumcision as a practice either, the difference is I wouldn't single out people who are responsible for fewer than 1% of them. I would oppose the 0.8% of circumcisisons done by Jews, and the 99.2% of circumcisions done by people of other religions. That's the opposite of being selective with my criticism.

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I don't support circumcision as a practice either, the difference is I wouldn't single out people who are responsible for fewer than 1% of them. I would oppose the 0.8% of circumcisisons done by Jews, and the 99.2% of circumcisions done by people of other religions. That's the opposite of being selective with my criticism.

So Judaism isn’t allowed to be criticised? Got it. I’d ask you to refrain from criticising any other religion. Thanks for co-operating. 

But yes your criticism is very selective. Tells me all I need to know of course. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Evidently, you very clearly haven't.

I mean, I’ve got your angle on it but I’ll criticise it if I think it needs criticising just like any other religion. 

So, after the to and fro last night, what we're saying is that the rate of tackling boys' tickles is about roughly equal in both communities give or take a couple of percent?

Jeez, I sound like Code minus a spreadsheet. "What's the XC lads??"

• Haha 1