You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elmyn Noos

Where would you put your X?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you put your X?

• Conservative
    • Libdem
    • Labour
    • Independent/Other (state who)
    • I wouldn't vote, because I'm a tit. Neg me. Neg me hard.

So, if I can get this straight, the Lib Dems are despicable for (i) trying to attain some power and influence and (ii) betraying the Labour Party in the process?

Don't try and be cute Stronts.

You know full well a significant number of your votes (especially at the last election) were protest votes against Labour and others hoping to stop a tory government.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if I can get this straight, the Lib Dems are despicable for (i) trying to attain some power and influence and (ii) betraying the Labour Party in the process?

I think it comes more from the fact they haven't really influenced anything and have meekly let the Tories get their own way.

Always had been a Labour voter but still dislike them labour party after the Blair /Brown years. The liberal democrats got a vote from me last time to try something fresh but they got into bed with the tories. Massive missed opportunity from them.

Never vote Tory. So i guess Green party.

Don't try and be cute Stronts.

You know full well a significant number of your votes (especially at the last election) were protest votes against Labour and others hoping to stop a tory government.

It's not about being cute.

The implication seems to be that because an unspecified number of Lib Dem votes came from disgruntled ex-Labour voters, it is incumbent upon the Lib Dems to adopt Labouresque policies. Clearly ridiculous.

If you want Labour policies, vote Labour. Don't vote for someone else and castigate them for not giving you Labour policies.

And as it happens, if you elected a Lib Dem MP, you did stop a Tory government. Unfortunately, you got a government with a strong Tory flavour, because they are comfortably the biggest party.

This isn't the "fault" of the people who voted Lib Dem, it is the fault of the people who voted Tory. 10.7m voted Tory in 2010, as many as voted for Labour in their 2001 landslide victory. Blame them.

I think it comes more from the fact they haven't really influenced anything and have meekly let the Tories get their own way.

I think the Lib Dems have clearly influenced a lot of things. But it stands to reason that the Tories will get their own way more often than not, because there are 300-odd of them, and only 50-odd Lib Dems.

People expect miracles, which I can forgive, and people employ double standards when assessing Lib Dem performance in government, which I cannot forgive.

It's not about being cute.

The implication seems to be that because an unspecified number of Lib Dem votes came from disgruntled ex-Labour voters, it is incumbent upon the Lib Dems to adopt Labouresque policies. Clearly ridiculous.

If you want Labour policies, vote Labour. Don't vote for someone else and castigate them for not giving you Labour policies.

And as it happens, if you elected a Lib Dem MP, you did stop a Tory government. Unfortunately, you got a government with a strong Tory flavour, because they are comfortably the biggest party.

This isn't the "fault" of the people who voted Lib Dem, it is the fault of the people who voted Tory. 10.7m voted Tory in 2010, as many as voted for Labour in their 2001 landslide victory. Blame them.

I think the Lib Dems have clearly influenced a lot of things. But it stands to reason that the Tories will get their own way more often than not, because there are 300-odd of them, and only 50-odd Lib Dems.

People expect miracles, which I can forgive, and people employ double standards when assessing Lib Dem performance in government, which I cannot forgive.

No, it is it is incumbent upon the Lib Dems to adopt Liberal policies not fucking tory ones.

I actually like Paddy Ashdown but the fucking crap he was coming out with on 5Live last Sunday night made my blood boil.

No it is not mate. This is where you are falling down and failing to LISTEN,

people do not want a Tory government. Full Stop

People don't have a Tory government.

How would voting SNP instead of Lib Dem have any effect on whether the government is a Tory one?

No, it is it is incumbent upon the Lib Dems to adopt Liberal policies not fucking tory ones.

We have liberal policies, and we try to get as many as possible implemented.

Would you at least accept that getting a liberal spin on government policy is an uphill struggle when you have 50-something MPs out of 600?

I actually like Paddy Ashdown but the fucking crap he was coming out with on 5Live last Sunday night made my blood boil.

Maybe if you weren't so emotional about something like politics...

How would voting SNP instead of Lib Dem have any effect on whether the government is a Tory one?

[1] We have liberal policies, and we try to get as many as possible implemented.

Would you at least accept that getting a liberal spin on government policy is an uphill struggle when you have 50-something MPs out of 600?

[2] Maybe if you weren't so emotional about something like politics...

[1] Depends if you think you the libs, Labour and other parties could have made the tories work harder in a minority government doesn't it.

[2] Maybe if he didn't come out with horse shit and complete lies about 'the people of this country voted for this coalition'.

You might want to tell the public that, because from where I am sat and I'm sure many here agree, it's the Tories I keep seeing in reports, only Tory fucking policy being pushed through.

The Lib Dem's have been let down by their leader, he has also let the people who voted for them down.

An absolute shower of shithouses every single one of them.

[1] Depends if you think you the libs, Labour and other parties could have made the tories work harder in a minority government doesn't it.

I'm sure that a toothless minority government at the height of the worst financial crisis in 80 years would have provided the country with the stability it needed, and that the markets would have breathed a sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

[2] Maybe if he didn't come out with horse shit and complete lies about 'the people of this country voted for this coalition'.

They voted to make the Tories the biggest party, and they gave the balance of power to the Lib Dems. So how is it a "complete lie"?

People are always saying they want parties to work together contructively instead of bickering all the time, is that a complete lie too?

I'm sure that a toothless minority government at the height of the worst financial crisis in 80 years would have provided the country with the stability it needed, and that the markets would have breathed a sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

They voted to make the Tories the biggest party, and they gave the balance of power to the Lib Dems. So how is it a "complete lie"?

People are always saying they want parties to work together contructively instead of bickering all the time, is that a complete lie too?

People did not vote for a coalition Stronts and you fucking know it.

People did not vote for a coalition Stronts and you fucking know it.

Nobody votes for coalitions. Nobody votes for governments, ever. You vote for an MP.

90% of the criticism of the government on this forum is just bitching about the fact that it exists. Get over it, it's fucking childish.

Nobody votes for coalitions. Nobody votes for governments, ever. You vote for an MP.

90% of the criticism of the government on this forum is just bitching about the fact that it exists. Get over it, it's fucking childish.

Its far from childish when an unelected bunch of multi millionaires are telling the rest of us to go without while they allow their friends in the city who are responsible for the mess the country is in to carry on as usual.

They are being empowered to do this by a party that is obsessed by being able to sit at the big table that they have abandoned a lot of their principles and aided the worst government possible for the ordinary people of this country.

Thank you for agreeing Ashdown lied.

I don't know exactly what he said, but I'm quite certain he didn't lie.

Its far from childish when an unelected bunch of multi millionaires are telling the rest of us to go without while they allow their friends in the city who are responsible for the mess the country is in to carry on as usual.

They are being empowered to do this by a party that is obsessed by being able to sit at the big table that they have abandoned a lot of their principles and aided the worst government possible for the ordinary people of this country.

Ah, just fuck off.

Labour are the Phil Dowd of politics - fucking shit, but marginally less so than everyone else.

Its unfair to criticise the whole party because of a poor leader but until the left are given a bigger say the general consensus will be that there is nobody there who can connect with the man in the street.

Ed Miliband is supposed to be a left winger but I havent seen much evidence of it myself.

I recall him saying he never thought they'd do a deal with the conservatives prior to the election, but that's what the people of this country told them to do, so they did it.

Which will probably come as news to a majority of the people in the country, especially the Labour voters who voted Lib Dem.