You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool's Luis Suárez makes 'offensive gesture' at Fulham fans

Iceman

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A proper fully armed offensive. Call a fucking press conference and tear into the cunts. Fergiscum, the FA, all of them.

What are they going to do? Dock us points for complaining???

Someone did that before and it was called a "rant"

edit: didn't see Zigs reply

It is a classic 'the customer is always right' mentality. The Fulham fans can say whatever they want to Suarez throughout the match and yet he gives them the finger and he'll be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, and the argument levelled against him will be that he's a paid professional. I'm sorry, but if football is in support of thousands of people in a crowd paying to say whatever they want to 22 professionals who take to the field to entertain them, on the added condition that those people can have no reply whatsoever, then it's a fucking despicable game.

Nothing is said about the xenophobia of the English game. Few people bat an eyelid when a sheikh bankrolls a club's complete overhaul. The English team is full of cunts whose on and off-field indiscretions would embarrass the more deviant members of the former-French aristocracy, and despite most of our players being tactically appalling every competition defeat is laid on the shoulders of an individual manager or footballer. If we're talking about the integrity of the game, how about clubs in the top flight being so rich that nobody can ever get near them? How about blackmailing lower league clubs into signing up to a system whereby the top clubs can take their best youngsters for peanuts to rot in their reserves? How about the cowardice of the FA and the refs when it comes to dealing with cunts like Ferguson? But oh no, Luis gives a few Fulham fans the finger and - good heavens! The game is falling apart around us.

Footballers are not just well-paid prostitutes. If you were playing Sunday league and someone was giving you stick from the sidelines you'd give a bit back and rightly so. It's fucking bullshit. Giving you're money to someone does not give you carte blanche to treat them how you please with no come back. If insulting and contemptuous gestures damage the image of the game then lets haul everybody who swears inside the stadia in front of an FA kangaroo court. And this doesn't just go for Suarez, it goes for any player plying their trade at the top level. The very idea of criticising or insulting someone without the possibility of them mounting any kind of defence or rebuke is one of the most pathetic cowardice and if that has become such an integral part of the game then football can go fuck itself for turning into its own antithesis.

It is a classic 'the customer is always right' mentality. The Fulham fans can say whatever they want to Suarez throughout the match and yet he gives them the finger and he'll be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, and the argument levelled against him will be that he's a paid professional. I'm sorry, but if football is in support of thousands of people in a crowd paying to say whatever they want to 22 professionals who take to the field to entertain them, on the added condition that those people can have no reply whatsoever, then it's a fucking despicable game.

Nothing is said about the xenophobia of the English game. Few people bat an eyelid when a sheikh bankrolls a club's complete overhaul. The English team is full of cunts whose on and off-field indiscretions would embarrass the more deviant members of the former-French aristocracy, and despite most of our players being tactically appalling every competition defeat is laid on the shoulders of an individual manager or footballer. If we're talking about the integrity of the game, how about clubs in the top flight being so rich that nobody can ever get near them? How about blackmailing lower league clubs into signing up to a system whereby the top clubs can take their best youngsters for peanuts to rot in their reserves? How about the cowardice of the FA and the refs when it comes to dealing with cunts like Ferguson? But oh no, Luis gives a few Fulham fans the finger and - good heavens! The game is falling apart around us.

Footballers are not just well-paid prostitutes. If you were playing Sunday league and someone was giving you stick from the sidelines you'd give a bit back and rightly so. It's fucking bullshit. Giving you're money to someone does not give you carte blanche to treat them how you please with no come back. If insulting and contemptuous gestures damage the image of the game then lets haul everybody who swears inside the stadia in front of an FA kangaroo court. And this doesn't just go for Suarez, it goes for any player plying their trade at the top level. The very idea of criticising or insulting someone without the possibility of them mounting any kind of defence or rebuke is one of the most pathetic cowardice and if that has become such an integral part of the game then football can go fuck itself for turning into its own antithesis.

Well said. Most of the fans that go footy nowadays are pussies. 99% of the abuse that comes down from the stands is viler and worse than a simple finger. If these cunts are so offended by getting stick back why don't they confront their fellow fans who fill the ears of youngsters with their pious poison rather than complain about getting the bird? Fucking morons.

Surely the deal is that the crowd dishes out the abuse, the player gestures back, the crowd respond by jeering and making "wanker" signs - and thats it.

Sounds about right to me.

This whole thing stems from lord scum's "Luis is a diver" defamation piece. You would have thought the FA would have got tired of the taste by now. Bunch of spineless wimps.

You can stick your conspiracies and excuses up your arse. Luis is a fantastic player, one of the best in the world. But he has a serious attitude problem. This isn't a recent thing. Anytime I've seen him (even before he signed for us) he's gone to ground easily, waved fake cards at the ref, moaned constantly etc etc. He bit someone's ear in Holland. He handballed on the line for Uruguay in the World Cup. Stop kidding yourselves that he's an angel and that all this controversy is drummed up by the scum.

Am I the only one that noticed he dived before Slur said anything? Of course not, we all knew he went to ground too easily. Just like we knew Torres was prone to it as well. Of course we should support our players, but I think we're taking it too far.

I agree that since Ferguson's comment, he's been getting less lee-way with refs and it is of course wrong that an opposition manager should be able to influence factors like that. But the fact remains that he is still diving.

As for receiving abuse from fans? That's just something he needs to deal with. I'm not saying it's right, but all the best players tend to be hated by other fans. See also Gerrard, Torres, Drogba, Ronaldo, Lampard etc. Part of being a world-class player is handling the mental and emotional pressure that comes with it. Suarez really needs to prove himself in that department.

Look how Gerrard handled himself with all the vitirol he received regarding his wife, baby and such. Suarez needs to learn from that example and learn to be the bigger man in these situations. Yes, he may be targetted and victimized but that in no way excuses putting himself in situations whereby he gets himself banned. He needs to be bigger than that; he needs to think of the team, not just himself.

He is a key player at this club and rightly so. He's been fantastic from day one and has all the qualities to be a club legend, but he needs to sort himself out, as others have said. To do something like this when he's already being investigated by the FA is just plain stupidity and is IMO highly selfish.

I don't want Kenny to come out and claim the refs are targetting Suarez, because that then excuses Suarez's lack of discipline. I'd rather he spoke with Suarez behind closed doors about working on his temperment, and using frustration to drive and benefit his game, rather than doing things like this which will cost him and us.

You can stick your conspiracies and excuses up your arse. Luis is a fantastic player, one of the best in the world. But he has a serious attitude problem. This isn't a recent thing. Anytime I've seen him (even before he signed for us) he's gone to ground easily, waved fake cards at the ref, moaned constantly etc etc. He bit someone's ear in Holland. He handballed on the line for Uruguay in the World Cup. Stop kidding yourselves that he's an angel and that all this controversy is drummed up by the scum.

Am I the only one that noticed he dived before Slur said anything? Of course not, we all knew he went to ground too easily. Just like we knew Torres was prone to it as well. Of course we should support our players, but I think we're taking it too far.

I agree that since Ferguson's comment, he's been getting less lee-way with refs and it is of course wrong that an opposition manager should be able to influence factors like that. But the fact remains that he is still diving.

As for receiving abuse from fans? That's just something he needs to deal with. I'm not saying it's right, but all the best players tend to be hated by other fans. See also Gerrard, Torres, Drogba, Ronaldo, Lampard etc. Part of being a world-class player is handling the mental and emotional pressure that comes with it. Suarez really needs to prove himself in that department.

Look how Gerrard handled himself with all the vitirol he received regarding his wife, baby and such. Suarez needs to learn from that example and learn to be the bigger man in these situations. Yes, he may be targetted and victimized but that in no way excuses putting himself in situations whereby he gets himself banned. He needs to be bigger than that; he needs to think of the team, not just himself.

He is a key player at this club and rightly so. He's been fantastic from day one and has all the qualities to be a club legend, but he needs to sort himself out, as others have said. To do something like this when he's already being investigated by the FA is just plain stupidity and is IMO highly selfish.

I don't want Kenny to come out and claim the refs are targetting Suarez, because that then excuses Suarez's lack of discipline. I'd rather he spoke with Suarez behind closed doors about working on his temperment, and using frustration to drive and benefit his game, rather than doing things like this which will cost him and us.

Theres without doubt an element of truth in what you're saying. But what with him being public enemy number 1 and now this incident.

A well timed shot across the bow of the FA would do no harm in trying to deflect attention away from him.

I think you're right in what you're saying about his attitude but I also think hes getting fuck all even when blatantly getting dragged to the ground at times. He won a few fouls last night but there was plenty he didn't either when he should have. Now, there was a few times he was more than a bit theaterical too. Can't deny it.

But I think with last nights reffing plus numerous other shitstained decisions we've had, combined with the Suarez witchhunt, we're entitled to ask a few questions as to why this Club is getting shit from all angles.

Why don't we look at how Gerrard handled himself when the DJ refused to play Phil Collins?

Entirely different context, the examples given about Ronaldo are quite apt, and his attitude when it is his players being targetted has to be up for discussion? Do as we say, not as we do! Sorry but I am fed up seeing that attitude from those cunts.

Against United, Wellbeck who had already been booked went through Carragher who gets straight up and pats him on the back, ensuring no fuss is made!

Do you not look back in hindsight and think 'Why didn't you get the cunt sent off because they would have'?

Theres without doubt an element of truth in what you're saying. But what with him being public enemy number 1 and now this incident.

A well timed shot across the bow of the FA would do no harm in trying to deflect attention away from him.

I think you're right in what you're saying about his attitude but I also think hes getting fuck all even when blatantly getting dragged to the ground at times. He won a few fouls last night but there was plenty he didn't either when he should have. Now, there was a few times he was more than a bit theaterical too. Can't deny it.

But I think with last nights reffing plus numerous other shitstained decisions we've had, combined with the Suarez witchhunt, we're entitled to ask a few questions as to why this Club is getting shit from all angles.

Yea, I was just trying to balance it out a bit though. A lot of people on here refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing on Luis' part, which I think is wrong.

And yeah, he is being targetted to some degree and perhaps is "public enemy number one" as you put it, but Messi gets kicked around the park every week as well and he just gets on with it. The difference is their attitude. I'm not saying he doesn't have cause for complaint because he definitely does. I just feel that he needs to learn to deal with it. If he can show that dirty defending doesn't get to him, defenders won't know what to do with him.

He shoots himself in the foot with refs by being too dramtic. There's a bit of "the boy who cried wolf" about him. If he goes down under slight touches, the referee is going to second guess the occassions when he genuinely is fouled. I think that's happened a fair bit this season. Yes, Ferguson swayed referees with his comment but Suarez is doing absolutely nothing to prove him wrong and shake off this reputation of being a diver. Again, he needs to be the bigger man here.

I'm still not sure about making a comment about him getting more protection. For one thing, are the FA more inclined to make an honest assessment of what Kenny says...or pander to the not-so-subtle requests of Ferguson? Kenny has also already met with Mike Reilly this season to discuss the numerous key decisions going against us and I have yet to notice any difference in terms of how referees treat us. If Kenny complains publicly about referees, he could well get in trouble with the FA. Also though, I don't want the club to excuse the performances of the players when they lose. If the players have a ready made excuse every time they play poorly, I feel it breeds a bad attitude, whereby they can absolve themselves of any or all blame.

Particularly in the case of Suarez, I believe asking the FA to give him more protection fails to address the problem of his attitude, and condones and encourages his diving etc.

Why don't we look at how Gerrard handled himself when the DJ refused to play Phil Collins?

Entirely different context, the examples given about Ronaldo are quite apt, and his attitude when it is his players being targetted has to be up for discussion? Do as we say, not as we do! Sorry but I am fed up seeing that attitude from those cunts.

Against United, Wellbeck who had already been booked went through Carragher who gets straight up and pats him on the back, ensuring no fuss is made!

Do you not look back in hindsight and think 'Why didn't you get the cunt sent off because they would have'?

I think Ferguson's attitude when his players are targetted massively contributes tot hem being such utter cunts. Look at Ronaldo again. He dived a lot, refs started realising this and didn't give him as much, so Fergie comes out with "he needs more protection". That sends the message to Ronaldo that it's ok to dive; in fact his manager is encouraging him to do so, if anything. The same goes with Rooney's "temperment". Ferguson says it's this temperment that makes him such a wonderful player. So to Rooney, the message is keep doing what you're doing.

I would rather Kenny acted with more class than that and I fully expect him to have a quiet word with Suarez about his attitude. It's something Luis needs to work on. He has it in him to mature and deal with his frustrations in a positive way. Defenders kicking you up and down the pitch? Then make them look stupid, skin them, score a goal. Same goes for silencing the shit-house opposition fans. Think back to when Torres got abuse at Goodison. He scored two goals and then there wasn't a peep out of them. He essentially won that battle.

I think Ferguson has played a clever mind-game with Luis, and Luis is letting it get to him. He's undoubtably a victim here, but he needs to be the bigger man. He should do his talking on the pitch, constructively, by playing well for us (which he's been doing fantastically). But in order to truly silence his critics, he needs to rise above the reputation he has been given and prove it isn't true.

He draws a foul well, like most premiership players try to do these days whatever their nationality, some more successfully than others.

I have never seen Suarez completely simulate a foul when there hasn't been any contact at all. And whether anyone likes it or not, there is a difference.Only a few players tend do go for the blatant fresh air dive and as far as I've seen you can pin what you want on him but I haven't seen him do a Nani, a Rooney, a Young, a Phil Jones, a Ronaldo (see a theme developing?!) and pretend to be touched when he hasn't.

RobbieFowler 9 makes some fair points but misses the one that the coverage and treatment Suarez is receiving is hugely disproportionate to his perceived behaviour and similar and far worse examples can be found week in week out if anyone cares to look.

Fuck giving the fans the finger. I think if I'd been on the field when that useless cunt arrogantly sent Jay off I'd have fucking belted him. A really horrible, condescending, unapproachable, smug style.

I'm still fucking fuming now.

He draws a foul well, like most premiership players try to do these days whatever their nationality, some more successfully than others.

I have never seen Suarez completely simulate a foul when there hasn't been any contact at all. And whether anyone likes it or not, there is a difference.Only a few players tend do go for the blatant fresh air dive and as far as I've seen you can pin what you want on him but I haven't seen him do a Nani, a Rooney, a Young, a Phil Jones, a Ronaldo (see a theme developing?!) and pretend to be touched when he hasn't.

RobbieFowler 9 makes some fair points but misses the one that the coverage and treatment Suarez is receiving is hugely disproportionate to his perceived behaviour and similar and far worse examples can be found week in week out if anyone cares to look.

I can't say I've seen him go for a fresh air dive either but I still have an issue with going down too easily. Just because other players do it doesn't excuse it and I think Suarez does it far more frequently than most players in this league.

As for your last point, I'd agree in so far as he has certainly been singled out for a number of weeks now and that obviously is unfair pressure which puts him and thus us at a disadvantage, which is something that needs to be acknowledged and looked into. But I'm not so sure about the disparity you allude to. I think in terms of going down easily, Suarez is one of the worst in the league.

He's going to have to learn to deal with this in a better way, I'm afraid. The abuse that Gerrard takes every time he takes a corner in the opposition end is consistent. The abuse that we as fans hurl at players we don't like, isn't going to stop. They learn how to ignore it. He will have to learn that not everyone is going to love him like we do. Otherwise, it's going to be a really tough season.

We've got to be honest and say since the West Brom game Suarez has been pretty poor. Maybe a two match ban will do him some good and he can clear his head and stop diving at every single opportunity, and actually try to stay on his feet for once. It doesn't help the fluidity of our attack that we're always one man down when Suarez dives or when he loses the ball trying to win a free kick that's nowhere near the opposition goal.

We've got to be honest and say since the West Brom game Suarez has been pretty poor. Maybe a two match ban will do him some good and he can clear his head and stop diving at every single opportunity, and actually try to stay on his feet for once. It doesn't help the fluidity of our attack that we're always one man down when Suarez dives or when he loses the ball trying to win a free kick that's nowhere near the opposition goal.

Ridiculous.

He scored our only goal last night against Fulham. Granted, it was disallowed, but expecting that a two-match ban will 'do him some good' is not going to do much good for our team.

I agree 100%

i remember starting a thread here about luis attitude and people just boombered me with replies about how shit my opinion was ...

well i still have the same opinion ...

Suarez has a serious attitude problem that needs to be sorted out, and if that happened, given the talent he has, he can really be one of the best in the world ..

in fact the talent and power he got frustrae me even more... he is very talented footballer that can go easily throug a defender ... and even if that defender fouled him he got the strength of a bull ... sometimes two or three fouls cannot bring him down ... so why all the diving????!!!!

now with the help of sir cunt he got the reputation of a diver, and all referees will be reluctant to give him anything even if he was illegaly brought down

That jesture to the fulham fans was just plain stupidity ... take carra as an example .. am not a big fan of his "football" nowadays .. but the man got respect for himself and others ... i can never imagine him doing something like that, no matter how frustrated he is ... and thats , at least for me, something more important than just being a good player on the pitch