You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in football - is there a problem?

theacademic

21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy has criticised media outlets for mistakenly using his image in stories about Manchester City's Benjamin Mendy.

City and France full-back Benjamin Mendy has been charged with six counts of rape and one of sexual assault, and remains in custody.

Photos of Edouard Mendy and his cousin, Real Madrid's Ferland Mendy, have been used to illustrate articles.

Stories doing the rounds about Ferland Mendy now. Probably wise not to repeat them here, but Football For All on Twitter has the gen. Suffice it say that if they are true, Benjamin Mendy has as much reason to be upset about being confused with Ferland as vice versa.

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Stories doing the rounds about Ferland Mendy now. Probably wise not to repeat them here, but Football For All on Twitter has the gen. Suffice it say that if they are true, Benjamin Mendy has as much reason to be upset about being confused with Ferland as vice versa.

Yea, saw that.

That is some serious shit for the guy to just float out there. You know the ins and outs of libel well enough.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Fuck. Ing. Hell. 

That’s proper apartheid style shit. 

Yep. A lone complaint is maybe 'sour grapes' but a 7 man complaint team is an all out inferno of allegations. Unfortunately,while the majority of people involved in running clubs,the sport and everything but the players on the pitch,this will continue to be a problem. This seems a major incident though.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck him I hope he’s finished in any sort of responsible position again. 

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Games gone mad if you can't even racially segregate your changing room nowadays.

I can't get my head around the sort of mind that 

a). comes up with the idea of segregating the changies; and

b). thinks it's a good idea.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can't get my head around the sort of mind that 

a). comes up with the idea of segregating the changies; and

b). thinks it's a good idea.

and c) people have let it happen 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...