You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in football - is there a problem?

theacademic

48 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Me neither. The Asian(Korean stereotype) is about being bad drivers and being very intelligent,to my knowledge.

Maths genius/autistic would be the stereotype I was aware of. Not fucking DVD’s. 

If Claude has meant this in a racist way then he’s really gone down in my estimation as he was the only one of there that seemed a good bloke and actually understood football. 

Can't wait for Troopz to be fucked off for his comment during the same game well before Claude said anything.  Obviously his derogatory comment was only highlighting so called 'White Privilege' so the cucks and racists can feel better about it.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

There is a body of opinion that in London the people who are knocking out dodgy DVD’s and selling them are predominantly oriental Asians. Therefore, calling somebody of oriental Asian origin DVD is a racist trope as you are suggesting all oriental Asians sell dodgy DVDs.

Also, see Phonejacker’s “Wannabuy DVD” sketch. 

That’s the issue, which I learnt from Twitter this morning. It appears to be a London-centric issue.

It definitely happens in London, mate, seen it in a number of different pubs. That said, there's no need to stereotype every SE Asian person in that way. Dodgy Polish builders/ theiving Scousers blah blah.

• 3 months later...

Just looking at the comments made by Greg Clarke, I don't think there's enough there to throw stones at him in the street and call him a cross-burning cunt. But there probably is enough to suggest that he doesn't have enough understanding of racism, homophobia and misogyny - and hasn't made enough effort to understand them - to justify keeping his job as Chairman of the FA.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just looking at the comments made by Greg Clarke, I don't think there's enough there to throw stones at him in the street and call him a cross-burning cunt. But there probably is enough to suggest that he doesn't have enough understanding of racism, homophobia and misogyny - and hasn't made enough effort to understand them - to justify keeping his job as Chairman of the FA.

On the contrary. I'd say he's done everything to justify his role as FA chairman by being a scandal-ridden shit-talking out-of-step old fart.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought all the knuckle draggers said they were from overseas accounts ?

Majority of Euro 2020 racist abuse came from UK accounts and 99% were not anonymous, says Twitter

Twitter's data stands in contrast to that from the UK Football Policing Unit which said that of 207 social media posts deemed to be criminal, 34 came from accounts in Britain and 123 in other countries.

https://news.sky.com/story/majority-of-euro-2020-racist-abuse-came-from-uk-accounts-and-99-were-not-anonymous-says-twitter-12377977

25 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Majority of Euro 2020 racist abuse came from UK accounts and 99% were not anonymous, says Twitter

Twitter's data stands in contrast to that from the UK Football Policing Unit which said that of 207 social media posts deemed to be criminal, 34 came from accounts in Britain and 123 in other countries.

https://news.sky.com/story/majority-of-euro-2020-racist-abuse-came-from-uk-accounts-and-99-were-not-anonymous-says-twitter-12377977

Hang on mate. Im vehemently against racism but it's wrong to accuse everyone of being a 'knuckle dragger' because they quoted or referred to another report that claimed 80 or so percent where not UK accounts.

That's just tarring everyone with the racism brush and not on in my book.

47 minutes ago, Stickman said:

If thats the case why didn't Twitter ban them outright if they had those kinds of details to hand? Also why is this in contradiction to the other set of data?

FFS its not hard in this day and age to get this stuff with the technology at our disposal. Yet another mess.

I'd also point out that Twitter isn't representative of the UK or Global Society as a whole.