You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charlie Brookers 'Black Mirror' Trilogy

Cardie

• 1 month later...

Need to dial it back a little bit, the reason it was good was its was a dark portrayal of modern media, so was quite believable.

it went a bit too Sci fi lately though.

Some of the best ones were set in the present without any fancy technology.

I've really enjoyed every series. Is it cool not to like it now? If so, I think it's shit yeah?

No, it's cool to think it's overrated, like, you liked it before everyone else got onboard and now you think is repetitive, overproduced and getting too formulaic.

No, it's cool to think it's overrated, like, you liked it before everyone else got onboard and now you think is repetitive, overproduced and getting too formulaic.

Is it though? Seems not to be all that cool. Smoking and fingering girls behind the bike she’d used to be cool. We’ve come a long way.

Is it though? Seems not to be all that cool. Smoking and fingering girls behind the bike she’d used to be cool. We’ve come a long way.

I have it on good authority it is considered the essence of cool. Miles Davis cool.

I think Black Mirror was initially fantastic but you can only create the uniqueness of the early shows a few times, after a while it Becomes formulaic. I still enjoy it but it's very hit and miss now, especially with 6 episode seasons.

I think Black Mirror was initially fantastic but you can only create the uniqueness of the early shows a few times, after a while it Becomes formulaic. I still enjoy it but it's very hit and miss now, especially with 6 episode seasons.

ak7cky.gif

• 6 months later...
Just now, ROTOQ said:

I really don't think it is formulaic. Apart from, it takes an element of our society and extrapolates it to one possible dystopian extreme. That's a pretty vague formula.

Formulaic was the wrong word but I do feel that they are running out of ideas which is understandable.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Out tomorrow, I think it's just the one episode is being released for now, with the rest coming later on. 

For those that don't know, this one is gonna be a "choose your own adventure" film, with multiple different outcomes based on the choices you make along the way. Over 5 hours of footage in total. 

Set in mid 80's London too, so I reckon the soundtrack will be top notch.

I can't fault their ambition with this one, this could be something special if it's done well.