You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Is England '88

Redder Lurtz

I'm underwhelmed.

Surprised to see plenty of people on Facebook and Twitter lauding over it. Nothing has really happened yet, and we are 2/3rds of the way through it.

I fully expect either Smell or Woody to hang themselves.

That would certainly go with the shite melancholy line of the show

It's just so fucking depressing, I challenge anybody to tell me how they could actually "enjoy" watching it

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about character development isn't it.

Woody and Shaun have sort of moved away from the crowd, I.E Seeing two posh birds, one having a decent job, and the other going into acting.

The girl who plays Lol has put up a sterling performance the past two episodes. Although her rapist Dad seriously sends the shits up me.

Her and Woody are deffo my two favourite characters.

'So whose this fucker then?'

"You've cut her piggin' hair as well, in her home, with trust"

Woody is quality.

Woody is by far the best from a comedy perspective. That whole meal thing had me in stitches.

If you like the comedy element of woody then the actor plays pretty much the same character in Misfits. Just a lot more vulgar.

I thought its been pretty boss. The sceane with Lol on her own with the nurse and then visting Combo are really moving.

Woody is by far the best from a comedy perspective. That whole meal thing had me in stitches.

If you like the comedy element of woody then the actor plays pretty much the same character in Misfits. Just a lot more vulgar.

I thought its been pretty boss. The sceane with Lol on her own with the nurse and then visting Combo are really moving.

Completely agree, my hand was moving towards the remote on both occassions.

I think cos its so popular people are doing the usual its shite routine which it isnt.

Its been two years, the first one had to give us a catch up and a reminder, the second one shows the build up to tonights which will no doubt be harrowing and boss TV.

Fuck off back to desperate Scousewives or whatever other bollocks is on if you dont like it.

I dont get why you'd come on a thread to rip in to something which other people obviously like.

I think we'll see a suicide attempt or even suicide tonight, somethings going to happen.

I think cos its so popular people are doing the usual its shite routine which it isnt.

Its been two years, the first one had to give us a catch up and a reminder, the second one shows the build up to tonights which will no doubt be harrowing and boss TV.

Fuck off back to desperate Scousewives or whatever other bollocks is on if you dont like it.

I dont get why you'd come on a thread to rip in to something which other people obviously like.

I think we'll see a suicide attempt or even suicide tonight, somethings going to happen.

For some bizarre reason you'ver decided to take the comments about the show personality again, like you did earlier in the thread. Why are you even arsed about people 'ripping into' a show you like ?? why is that bothering you so much ?? it's a public forum where topics gain opinion, it's a not a fucking mutual appreciation society.

I think because it's a 3 episode series people want the quick impact the way the film did. If it was an 8 episode series people may give it more time and wait for it all to kick off in episode 4/5 snowballing to a huge conclusion. The way it is now, we've had two hours of build up, leaving us the last hour tonight to up the ante.

I am enjoying it but can see people's perspective on thinking its too slow.

I liked the film and the last series but this has been shite.

Hate seeing lol's tits couldn't they make her keep her clothes on. Stick some glasses on her and she's Johnny from x-factor.

A lot less raping in this series which is a positive for me although there's no doubt a few on here who'll disagree about that.

Thanks fuck that's over.

'Serious' drama for plebs. When I saw it being trailed I thought "Oh yes indeed, I can't wait to hate this..." and it certainly hasn't disappointed. Granted, it's not as awful as TIE '86 (which lurched from comedy to rape and back again with all the subtlety of a T-Bram/Jonny Evans CB partnership) but to see it hailed as superb television by most critics and the mouthbreathers who enjoy it makes me so damn angry. I look at the viewing figures and think 'Seriously, what is up with people?!' Nothing - absolutely nothing - riles me more than popular television.

Woody aside, the acting is still uniformly terrible and those sledgehammer THIS IS A SAD MOMENT musical montages are still ridiculous and Thomas Turdgoose is still one deeply ugly bastard. Have to say Meadows and the writers wrongfooted me with this one as I was sure there'd be a 'Lol haz da AIDS' storyline, and secretly hoped they'd all catch it from raping each other endlessly including the baby.

The film is magnificent but these series have pissed all over its legacy.

Nuts to the haters, I enjoyed watching something thought provoking as opposed to the usual brain sucking bollocks tv serves up. Not as impactive as the previous film / series but I still enjoyed it.

What surprises me more than anything are the people who slagged it then watched it again so they could come on this thread and slag it some more. If I watch something I don't like I don't watch any more of it. Simple really.